UK Vs The World S2 E2

I don’t hate Jonbers either but her delusion is a little bit sad.

And I wish that whoever pointed out that ”uhhh” sound she does after every other wors she utters hadn’t done it because I hear it all the time now.

I find this interesting. What is this based on? Cause it can’t be performance so far- Gothy has been entirely out of her league in what we’ve seen, or underwhelming at best, with a level of delusion about her “fashion queen” status. Is it just plain “I hate Jonbers?”- which is entirely valid, of course :D
Perhaps I've just been watching (and thinking of) Survivor too much and am thinking of others dragging Gothy through as a weak contender to sit at the end with.

And possibly the fact that Jonbers did pick up some of the 'most needy drag' votes, when Gothy didn't, I think.

But yes, 'I hate Jonbers' would absolutely have some part in it, and wishful thinking.

And possibly the fact that Jonbers did pick up some of the 'most needy drag' votes, when Gothy didn't, I think.
Surely THAT was just "don't kick a girl when she's down", though, right? And people playing the game with the thoughts of the fanbase. Going home first, almost going home first again and then getting "most needy drag" would have been CUNTY AS FUCK.

Quite possibly. And they chose Jonbers instead.

Jonbers is seen as an "easy target" cuz people think that her resilience gives them permission to treat her like a punching bag.

Jonbers is seen as an "easy target" cuz people think that her resilience gives them permission to treat her like a punching bag.

Resilience in personality? Or in the show?

Because I feel like the latter is where it comes from- in the same way Sister Sister and Ellie Diamond were slagged off, somewhat unfairly.

Has a US queen ever had this kind of arc? It doesn't feel like it...

Resilience in personality? Or in the show?

Because I feel like the latter is where it comes from- in the same way Sister Sister and Ellie Diamond were slagged off, somewhat unfairly.
Yeah on the show. How she was always positive. Which is annoying, sure, but it doesn't mean she's not talented.

Jan was worthy to the point she got to in the race- no one would question that she was very talented in various areas and it didn't feel like she was beyond her talent.

But Jan had that delusion in spades. I don't SEE IT in Jonbers, I really don't, or not on the same level, but that has been mentioned here I suppose.

It's the court jester edit. I feel like their main function, to the producers, was to be laughed at.

The only 'delusion' Jonbers has really is with regard to her fashion status, which always felt kind of A-level student in her run. She's otherwise relatively kind of unassuming in terms of her drag otherwise. And unassuming isn't a word I'd use to describe Jan.

I do think she was somewhat unfairly favoured by production. I hadn't considered that it could be for the reason @KindaCool says - if I'm inclined I may give that some thought. But rationally I can't hold that against her anyway - if she was favoured, it was entirely beyond her control after all, she's far from the first girl to have experienced it, and most I don't have a reaction against like her.

Last edited:
I don't get annoyed at Jonbers because she's resilient, and I think that's quite a dumb statement.

I get annoyed at her because she bends with the wind to any cheap running Irish joke that Ru asks for and it feels sad. Potato!

If resilience was the issue I doubt Cheryl Hole would be my favourite UK queen eva.

Gothy’s walk is terrible! How can you be a drag queen and not walk in heels?!

I think Jonbers is earnestly trying to adhere to what he thinks the show wants from him, but is a bit deer in headlights with it. If they don't do such a pandering Snatch as last time, maybe doubling down on just going with his instincts could be the making of him.

I had a visceral dislike (hatred is too strong) of Jonbers during their original season for absolutely no reason other than their name is fucking awful and I decided I didn’t like them. That’s all it takes sometimes.

Since the season and outside of the show I don’t feel anything remotely as strongly toward them and so far during this they’ve not massively made an impression either way as yet… so from dislike to indifference… I might like them by the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom