UK Vs The World S2 E2

Rowan Tree 🌳

maybe this time i'll win :)
I'm only half way through but I am loving this cast. What a lovely bunch.

La Grande Dame is obviously the best, but I love Arantxa, I've remembered why I like Choriza, and whilst it may be the wine, I'm getting teary at Tia talking about dear Cherry Valentine. :( 🍒 ❤️

Oh and I was definitely getting drunk Dalida in Io ti amo (1968) vibes with that air stewardess runway.

La Grande Dame is magnifique! If anybody Pangina's her I will be livid! Especially if it's bloody Jonbers.

Bringing some of the better international queen's to this franchise makes it fun to watch. Arantxa's drag was obviously not up to scratch but even she was great fun to watch.

Add me to the La Grande Dame fan club. Sensational in and out of drag :disco: :horny:

Very much enjoying this - it's a great selection of queens and the runway looks were so good. That said, I don't think we needed three per queen and they should have kept one of the brought-from-home options for another week. Less is more and also think of those poor queens' BUDGETS!

There is no way that Choriza should have been in the bottom with Arantxa. Gothy Kendoll's looks are better than s1 obvs but their personality and testimonials are so basic. "My Prince Charming is out looking for his princess, but secretly he's looking for his prince." Hun he's in heels and a bodice, there's no secret there and it's not 2013

I agree RE Gothy - very lucky escape. I thought her runway was super basic for a fashion girl.

Relieved not to lose Choriza too early, although Arantxa seemed lovely.

I'm not even on the Jonbers hate train like most, but her face of thunder when she was only called safe was very funny.

Happy to see La Grande Dame bringing it. Two solid episodes so far.
Love Arantxa, loved her on her original season as well, but yes that was some very ropey shit. That said, I will still take that over the AWFUL AWFUL Chorizo :zombie: :gross:

It wasn't a great runway but I feel like they've lost a lovely and dynamic character two episodes in which is a shame.

Thankfully the cast is good otherwise. I could lose Scarlet and Jonbere, but they haven't been too annoying.

If any queen is overrated it's Scarlett, I'd say.

Oh, and Jonbers obvs. She's a ZERO

Not a fan of Choriza. I just find her drag in general a bit jarring and always have.

La Grande Dame is absolutely terrific. It’s also lovely to see how much Tia has improved!

I screamed when Graham said ”It’s the aubergine emoji coming to life” about Choriza’s horrible/hilarious Dalì look :D

So so pleased for the lovely and quite frankly superior Grande Dame (but I do wish she’d tone down the quirkiness, she doesn’t need it).

The winners of this episode were the looks in the background:

Jonbers’ face of doom.

Gothy beaming at the lip sync being announced cause she’d never actually watched one as a viewer.

Graham trying to look sad when Arantxa and Choriza were crying.

TOP NOTCH STUFF

I'm very much here for the LGD love, not having watched any Drag Race France. Perhaps I ought to. I don't think she's too quirky at all.

It's hard to argue against Arantxa deserving the boot, but I'll really miss her personality. I'd have been happy with her being the no hoper dragged all the way through until just before the final.

And speaking of the final, even if it's three in it, it would be quite a gag in a UK vs The World series if none of the UK girls made it. But I don't think it's unlikely at this stage.

I know Choriza is fairly low rent in the style department, but I just love her.

“Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful… hate me because I’m an immigrant!” is surely one of the all-time great entrance lines.

I'm very much here for the LGD love, not having watched any Drag Race France. Perhaps I ought to. I don't think she's too quirky at all.

It's hard to argue against Arantxa deserving the boot, but I'll really miss her personality. I'd have been happy with her being the no hoper dragged all the way through until just before the final.

And speaking of the final, even if it's three in it, it would be quite a gag in a UK vs The World series if none of the UK girls made it. But I don't think it's unlikely at this stage.

Surely Tia’s is the rudemption arc? She seems to have solved the fashion issues (though that last sewn together dress this week was a stretch, I agree) and surely she’ll excel in the comedy challenges and probably be astute enough to know she needs to nail Snatch Game now. I can’t see us losing her before the final.

Jonbers I think will get through to close to the end at least- again, the fashion appears to have had some money thrown at it and she could do well in a safe through to the final way like last time.

Choriza and Gothy are dead wood, though.

Surely Gothy was only saved to give her a chance. She felt bottom two.

Bit I can’t believe Kita Mean got praised- those first and third looks were pretty terrible.

I'm listening to Niamh Kavanagh talk about the first episode in a podcast and she's pointing out that it's not atypical for an Irish or non-national to go onto a platform and fall into terrible stereotypes, and that it can be a good starting part. Re; Jonbers.

I'm not convinced but I'm trying hard.

Surely Tia’s is the rudemption arc? She seems to have solved the fashion issues (though that last sewn together dress this week was a stretch, I agree) and surely she’ll excel in the comedy challenges and probably be astute enough to know she needs to nail Snatch Game now. I can’t see us losing her before the final.

Jonbers I think will get through to close to the end at least- again, the fashion appears to have had some money thrown at it and she could do well in a safe through to the final way like last time.

Choriza and Gothy are dead wood, though.
Tia's looks have been better than before undoubtedly, but I don't think they compare that well to what others have been serving. And perhaps it's because she's being compared with LGD and Marina, but I think she really lacks presence on the catwalk as well. I do think she'll do the best out of all the UK girls though.

I think (and certainly hope) that Jonbers is being set up as the first UK girl going home. And I'd love to see Gothy outlast her.

What is next week's challenge?

I want Gothy to defy the odds but she really needs to avoid performance challenges at all costs. :D

I'm listening to Niamh Kavanagh talk about the first episode in a podcast and she's pointing out that it's not atypical for an Irish or non-national to go onto a platform and fall into terrible stereotypes, and that it can be a good starting part. Re; Jonbers.

Well, and let's not forget Ru creating St Patti and how he loved it. As much as I dislike it, you can see why Jonbers is leaning into it.

I am convinced Jonbers is trying to replicate what Laurence Chaney managed with the exaggerated accent, but it's much more one sided with the interactions he has with the judges and also manic to the point of being jarring. To claim to be a fashion queen and yet act so lowest common denominator is quite odd to me, especially because it does himself no favours and arguably undermines what is actually very good drag in my opinion.

I honestly thought Kita got top 2 placing simply to stop the 2 horse race between the undeniable LGD and Marina (who was sacrificed) emerging to the point of embarasment. I just couldn't see any other top 2 configuration for this week as last.

I don’t get the hatred for Jonbers at all. Or if not hatred, the frustration at them doing well. In their season, they weren’t terrible at all, I didn’t find them irritating, just there…I feel the same way now. They certainly feel on a par or right with the rest of the cast.

I think (and certainly hope) that Jonbers is being set up as the first UK girl going home. And I'd love to see Gothy outlast her.

I find this interesting. What is this based on? Cause it can’t be performance so far- Gothy has been entirely out of her league in what we’ve seen, or underwhelming at best, with a level of delusion about her “fashion queen” status. Is it just plain “I hate Jonbers?”- which is entirely valid, of course :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom