UK Vs The World S2 E1

:D at so much - Ru being clearly ill, Choriza’s average-at-best fancy dress look being praised and whatever it was Mayhem did for the talent show. France for the win obviously :disco:

"Trust me when I say" - fully expected a "heeeeeey". I've been listening to Murder in the Dancefloor too much.

Ru's voice is sounding slightly lower than usual.

Tia's verses are giving the blond supposed bully from 5ive's bridges on Keep On Moving.

I'm guessing they let Mayhem do it twice and did the classic air the mistake take.

Hannah Conda still trying to make amends for the racist remarks she was called out on. How sincere of her.

I watched and thought it was a lot of fun!

Although I needed MUCH more energy for such an iconic lip sync song.

I can't I can't I can't with jonbers

Get RID

La Grande Dame and indeed all the non-Anglophone franchise queens are spectac

And I'm delighted for another week of dear Gothy.

Last edited:
Oh please don't tell me Choriza was a top. Her best performance was her cut-to's dancing to others. Her song was drab.

I have such a soft spot for all the UK Series 1 queens and I just want them all back.

Yes even you Blu.

Fun episode. LOVE Marina #Baddie Love my Filipino queens.

The French one is seriously cute out of drag.

I can't think of a blander pair than Mayhem Miller and Scarlet Envy. US representation is PISS POOR.

Unbelievably this starts tomorrow. Who knew?

Watching for Gothy, though that's what I said about Cheryl last time.
Can we get a split for an episode thread from here, please @Moderator?

I don't think it's going to be that successful, but we have a forum, we may as well use it.

And I won't feel bad posting spoilers if people choose to read the episode thread before watching.

I think it makes sense to do episode threads regardless. It's part of the UK franchise so it should hopefully have a bit more traction than Down Under or Canada.

I think it makes sense to do episode threads regardless. It's part of the UK franchise so it should hopefully have a bit more traction than Down Under or Canada.
Or even possibly the latest US, looking at how those threads are going.

I still haven't watched the last US season.

Enjoyed this! After the first ep it's ALL about La Grande Dame for me. That runway look :disco::D

I'd have liked to have seen a bit more from Mayhem, and was interested in how they'd be modifying their drag after Long Covid, but if the answer to that would just be versions of that piss poor variety show performance each week then it would have got v awkward v quickly

Pleased Mayhem went first, and at the prospect of poor old Gothy being dragged through a few more weeks.

Poor Mayhem, what a DISASTAH!

Also perversely pleased that rubbish old GOTHY gets a second week. The definition of go on girl give us nothing.

I never watched the French season(s?) but now I'm tempted. La Grande Dame was MAGNIFIQUE.

I did laugh at the sheer number of original song performances, surely some of them just reused the lyrics they prepared for their RuPaul song verse before they got eliminated. La Grande Dame really stood out for doing something different (as did Mayhem Miller :bad:).

There was part of me that thought Raven would be competing as a twist when she appeared to introduce Ru (put some fucking drag on!) which would've been entertaining.

Mayhem being booted is the first time a US queen in the Vs The World franchise hasn't made the final, isn't it?

Wouldn't be devastated to see Scarlet follow soon. And would like to see a non UK winner - unless Tia brings it, anyway.

The top 2 from this episode felt significantly ahead of the others, and the UK queens the ropiest of the lot, they’ll have their work cut out to crown any of them. But then this is the franchise that gave us a Blu win so I guess anything is possible! I wonder if Global All Stars will feel any different.

As much as I love Tia. The talent wasn’t great. Rubbish dancing
I kind of expected rubbish dancing. But the song wasn't great, either. She's recorded at least two or three tracks better than that since UK2.

Going in I assumed Mayhem was the best candidate for a redemptive run leading to a crowning, but clearly that didn’t pan out.

I have a harder time imagining Drag Race winner SCARLET ENVY.

Going in I assumed Mayhem was the best candidate for a redemptive run leading to a crowning, but clearly that didn’t pan out.

I have a harder time imagining Drag Race winner SCARLET ENVY.
They gave the first Vs The World win to Blu Hydrangea. Anything is truly possible.

What does she mean about Robin Fierce? I don’t think I understand.

That was a disaster for Mayhem, which is a shame because it started out as something that could be rather interesting.

I found most of the performances rather awful, didn’t like Grande Dame’s either but happy for her doing well.

Tia certainly LOOKS a lot better and I’m always happy to see her stick around to an extent because she’s such a personality.

To be fair, together with the long COVID comment, it wouldn’t surprise me if Mayhem was designated to go home first from the outset.

It was never going to be Gothy- despite her looking like a deer in headlights and being the obvious weak link, bringing her back just to send her home first again feels like bullying.

Oh and VIVE LA GRANDE DAME :disco:

I think Mayhem must just be one of those queens who’s great at drag but terrible at Drag Race. It happens.

From her social media postings this weekend she doesn’t seem to be terribly upset about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom