UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

To summarise, in 2018 Carrie Symonds gave Boris Johnson a blowjob, on his House of Commons office sofa whilst he was foreign secretary and she (Carrie Symonds) was seeking promotion to a highly coveted position within the foreign office (that paid a six figure salary), whilst Boris Johnson’s then (actual) wife was at home suffering from cancer.

The MP who walked in was apparently a “Lord Ashcroft”, an MP who himself is allegedly suspected of hiding money in an offshore tax haven.

“The Times” Newspaper (a previously respected long running newspaper) knew of the story but agreed not to run it at the request of those working for Boris Johnson within government and “The Times” for some reason actually agreed not to (so much for journalistic ethics pertaining to uncovering and reporting on matters of public interest).

The interruption of the aforementioned incidence of felatio is supposedly how the discovery of Boris Johnson’s affair behind the back of his (then) cancer stricken ex wife was discovered (which in 2018 merely led to toned down news reporting of him having an extra marital “affair”).

We only know the details now because a respected publication called “Private Eye” recently and finally reported this matter (something “The Times” bottled out of doing four years ago).

I am a little bit shocked, I do still expect a higher standard from government, our elected officials and those who serve (or should that be service) them? (even if I personally would never vote for them). Who is actually voting to keep these people in power?

not to be mean but what a toothy BJ that would have been

Told you it'd kill him in the end.
He'll probably be in for another week or so at least though. Because of course he'll make the party change the rules and actively vote him out rather than go with any sense of shame.

Ben Wallace and Anne-Marie Trevelyan (who?) are staying.

@Liz Truss refusing to resign!
Of course she is! Her route to the leadership goes through the Boris loyalists. She's read The Invisible Bridge - a big part of Reagan's road to the presidency was refusing to ever condemn Nixon for Watergate. She sees her path the same way.

If Boris Johnson resigns/is pushed will he just be replaced or would we expect a general election afterwards?

If Boris Johnson resigns/is pushed will he just be replaced or would we expect a general election afterwards?
New PM within weeks or months. Potentially a temp PM, if he's pushed out with urgency.

They tend to like a new election when they're still fresh and new, so I'd say an election next spring.

Lots of little technical issues on BBC News just now, they must be rushing around like headless chickens at the moment :D

New PM within weeks or months. Potentially a temp PM, if he's pushed out with urgency.

They tend to like a new election when they're still fresh and new, so I'd say an election next spring.

Right after another massive increase in energy prices in October, and a winter of discontent. BRING IT ON!

This is glorious!

Celebrate Sewing Bee GIF by The Great British Sewing Bee

The Commons might be interesting at 7pm. It was meant to debate a motion in the name of the Chancellor. It could be a bit awkward for whichever junior minister has to do it.

Rishi gets a bit of a reset by resigning. Feasibly a likely next leader. Liz Truss or Ben Wallace would be catastrophic.

Rishi gets a bit of a reset by resigning. Feasibly a likely next leader. Liz Truss or Ben Wallace would be catastrophic.
I thought Sunak had blown his chance to be leader not long ago?

The Commons might be interesting at 7pm. It was meant to debate a motion in the name of the Chancellor. It could be a bit awkward for whichever junior minister has to do it.
Junior Minister Lucy Frazer doing it as if nothing has happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom