The White Lotus (HBO not so Limited Series)

I love the couple who don't watch the news (so relatable!) It's like something continuing from Slap Her She's French.

I could honestly just watch the two frat boys and the Italian grandson walk around the hotel all day in their shorts and pants and the show would be just as good

Not much has happened yet but much like the first season, I’m sure they’re building to something

Tonya swallowing a bug was just too funny :D

It says a lot about the show that just like the first, it can be so compelling when essentially nothing is happening.

Holy fuck I’ve only just realised that Will Sharpe is the gay from Giri/Haji. He’s almost unrecognisable.

What an actor!

It says a lot about the show that just like the first, it can be so compelling when essentially nothing is happening.

I love a good character study. Most shows are too scared these days to take their time. It’s all very Abigail’s Party isn’t it?

Holy fuck I’ve only just realised that Will Sharpe is the gay from Giri/Haji. He’s almost unrecognisable.

What an actor!

He’s also a writer/director, did Flowers and Landscapers both with Olivia Coleman.

Oh Ethan, I'll give you a hand in the morning.

Poor Peppa Pig.

I wanted to watch the next immediately after the first and feel the exact same after the second.

Let’s fun!

I really can’t have enough of this, I want to watch all episodes and all future seasons (as I hope there will be more of them) NOW!

Valentina is giving me repressed lesbian energy. The way she lit up when that girl spoke to her.

Loving all the characters' disconnected displacement and what not. It's kind of reminding me of Lost In Translation (2003).

I really need to walk about in Sicily for the slow motion gang stalk thrills.

“This is so negative. I can’t believe I paid for this!”

*ushers tarot reader out the room mid sentence*

:D

Tanya is the ultimate diva.

Aubrey Plaza was amazing in that episode. That scene in the square when she felt like all the men were looking at her was so well done and her “positive attitude” with the subtle looks giving away what she was thinking

Last edited:
Aubrey Plaza was amazing in that episode. That scene in the square when she felt like all the men was looking at her was so well done and her “positive attitude” with the subtle looks giving away what she was thinking

It was apparently a remake of a scene from an Italian movie (starring the real Monica Vitti)

It was apparently a remake of a scene from an Italian movie (starring the real Monica Vitti)

Oh wow! it felt like an interesting inclusion and now makes more sense :D

I adore Coolidge so much, but I still haven't quite figured out if it's a character choice, or whether Coolidge herself is REALLY bad at crying :D

I'm starting to think it might be a little from column A, a little from column B.

I am enjoying this just as much as the first season. well done, everyone!

it also gave me this

americangirlinitaly.jpg

I ADORE L’Avventura, so the intertextuality in this episode was a DREAM! So well done.

Loving this season, particularly the hotel manager, but I don't have a huge amount to comment on AS YET aside from how much I'm enjoying it.
I do really love that we get the episodes to watch on an Autumn Monday night in the UK. A FABULOUS way to kick off the week :disco:

Of course Tanya thrives around gay men.

I don’t care much for Lucia’s singer friend.

Excellent work from Aubrey Plaza and Will Sharpe. So many looks.

Loved this again. Tanya brightening up was a real treat and the heightened tension between Ethan and Harper was excruciating yet delicious. I was moved by that last scene as well :horny:

The talking through his teeth Essex guy and his soap level acting though. Also agree about Lucia's friend, everything feels just a little loud.

Poor Albie :( (and what a lovely :peach: )

I hate what they did to Valentina though. It seems out of character for her to fall for that insipid Isabella and even less to go buy her something expensive. Also it seems a bit too similar to Murray Bartlett’s role in season 1.

I could not stomach the Essex guy (so to speak as obviously I'd go there). It was as if they loved his accent so much that they let him come up with his own dialogue and of course we had to look at him posing, unless the whole thing was to point out how boring this has become. An instagram story brought to the bedroom is hardly an "adventure". Lucia's freebie redemption blowjob looked more fun.

I do think they missed a trick with Tanya though, or perhaps it would have been a bit lame, but I thought they should have had the cut-to of the gay saying it was quite a story showing it to now be in the evening. I enjoyed her morbid melancholy taking a break, but not the narcissism. Her medicated delay makes every second she is on screen absolutely mesmerising.

The hotel manager is obviously seeing something I'm not - a younger, but drab employee is not a believable crush for her and I hope the brooch was inexpensive.

I'm still wondering who the body is though.

I've been enjoying the characters and nothing essentially happening so much that I had totally forgotten about the body, and that there is actually a point to all this gorgeous meandering.

and Albie's glam NEW FRIEND walking away like the cat that got the literal cream at the very end of the episode :disco:

I'm really enjoying this season in it's slow paced luxury. Could easily watch them all doing nothing as a weekly event tbh.
I didn't mind the Essex guy. He seemed like he was clearly meant to be a Brit abroad stereotype (bad tattoos, obsessed with booze and birds CHECK).
If he's the body, I hope he takes Tanya's miserable assistant down with him :disco:

I think the casting was looking for someone out of Love Island and it seems they nailed it.

I didn’t mind the Essex guy, we’ve all met him, maybe he was just too familiar that it took us out of the heightened glossy luxury, like if someone showed up in Call me by your Name shouting ‘ALRIIIIGHT GEEZ’.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom