The Israel-Gaza War

Apparently civilians have been giving aid workers civilian clothes to change into when they leave clinics and hospitals because of a risk of being captured by Israeli troops. This comes from multiple sources on the ground from people out there trying to help.

Apart from being an almost unprecedented violation of humanitarian law (even in some of the worst wars we’ve witnessed, journalists and aid workers have been protected) I’m not actually sure what the IDF are trying to achieve with it. Are they trying to dissuade people from coming in to give aid? Are they trying to make sure that injured Gazans don’t get treatment?

Am abhorrent act of cruelty on top of all the abhorrent acts that gives them no way back from this. Just evil.

I do think they are trying to dissuade external influence by attacking anyone who isnt IDF. Its terrible that it has to take foreigners getting killed to really drive the pressure but here we are.

"We grieve with them"

It takes a special kind of arrogance to dare to utter that and think people will believe you. Fuck off.

Fucking hell. When will I stop being shocked by this horrendous terrorist organisation masquerading as a government

Short version:

“We killed thousands of people because a computer told us to”

We’re truly in the Black Mirror era, without any of the irony

Well, it's been fun, partly. See you all in a week or so when we're all just dust blowing around a scorched planet.

And UK and US planes intercepting
That seems to be have been hinted in Netanyahu’s speech….maybe - that US and UK were intervening. He referenced France too. Might be reading too much into it.

Christ, what a mess.

The most likely thing I can see the US Air Force and allies (UK and France) intercepting missiles flying over Iraq.

Iraq have closed airspace except for military.

Iran saying it will attack any country which opens its airspace to Israeli retaliation.

The most likely thing I can see the US Air Force and allies (UK and France) intercepting missiles flying over Iraq.

Iraq have closed airspace except for military.
This looks to be correct. US/UK downed some on the Syrian border with Iraq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom