The Gilded Age (New Julian Fellows HBO Drama)

Oh Ada getting proposed to. Wtf. I feel like he’s scheming for her money.

Also I can’t believe we got a full description of how a clock alarm works. Like can the downstairs not be a bit more scheming please. Start idolising Enid and become “companions”. Whatever the fuck that is? Like some kind of rent-a-lesbian?

On the subject of the TEDIOUS SERVANTS, I can’t believe we are STILL on the bald servant storyline! No one cares if you go to SAN FRANCISCO, no one cares if you LIVE OR DIE, get off my screen with this BORING ROT!

Hearing a lot of talk on twitter that the newest episode is all about SOUP and honestly I couldn’t be more excited.

Just when we thought we couldn’t hate that insufferable bald servant. I can’t believe how they ruined that soup subplot (and why was the cook allowed to stay in the kitchen after they had caught him?). What a shitshow!

Poor Peggy, she hides in the barn after being chased by racists AND gets fresh with the sexy newspaper editor, yet it’s still nowhere near as tense as the SOUP SCENE, or as thrilling as Aunt Agnes WALKING INTO CHURCH!

How many episodes have we had of the bald servant oooing and ahing about moving to San Francisco? 3? ENOUGH!

WHEN DID THIS GET REVEALED?

IMG_4725.jpeg

I’ve had a horrible thought, what if Mr Russel thinks the bald servant had a ‘keen eye’ after the SOUP incident and hires him as some sort of CLERK in his office?

I love how the plotting cook and footman was all tidied up in 2 minutes. Perfect.

And now a Boston bridge storyline. Fabulous.

I can’t believe the priest is already dying. How lucky we are!

Is Oscar getting lured into something and will lose all his money?

#horrororo

I quite like the CLOCK STORYLINE, maybe because it’s the only one I can follow.

Predictions for the finale:
BERTHA opens a third opera house
Agnes steals John’s patent and opens another opera house
Marian and Larry marry (and go by the blended name “Marry”) and Larry dies
Dashnall never mentioned again
Wasp women ends up at the other opera house

How long did it take to cross the Atlantic back then? The Duke seems to be travelling back and forth at the speed of the Concorde.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom