The Anime Lounge

I also realised that One Piece has subtitles now 😮 and … 1000+ episodes 🥴

But all the guys my age seem to have been watching it since they were teenagers, time to catch up :o

I also realised that One Piece has subtitles now 😮 and … 1000+ episodes 🥴

But all the guys my age seem to have been watching it since they were teenagers, time to catch up :o

Honestly, read a few chapters a day. The anime with its 1000 filler episodes is just so unnecessary, not that the chapters are exactly fast paced but at least you're getting somewhere with one hour of reading, as opposed to one hour of watching storyline stalling.

Honestly, read a few chapters a day. The anime with its 1000 filler episodes is just so unnecessary, not that the chapters are exactly fast paced but at least you're getting somewhere with one hour of reading, as opposed to one hour of watching storyline stalling.

I’ll go through a little bit, I can pretend it’s Japanese training too :D I was reading the manga on a dodgy fansub app but it got closed down.

You don’t know any more dodgy apps do you?

Out today and going to pull some insane numbers. I'll watch EP 1 tonight and give a verdict. :disco:

Yeah I heard BUZZ about this

Don’t know if it’s the sort of thing I’d like but I was excited that I was able to get anime buzz off the YOUTH

Out today and going to pull some insane numbers. I'll watch EP 1 tonight and give a verdict. :disco:

It's a total hoot! Gory as fuck and crazy but absolutely not surprising that it's as big as it is.

I'm very very tempted to read the chapters for Chainsawman but I want to resist the content binge. :zombie:

We went back to Made In Abyss last night, watching the movie (which was released/takes place between the first and second season)... all I can say is GOOD LORD :shock: I will spoiler it because I think people should watch this series, but
so much incredibly disturbing body horror being inflicted on child characters! I didn't think they'd be able to top the fate of poor MITTY (:(:(:() from season one, but the kids being filleted and turned into cartridges (while still being kept alive) and the story of Prushka... I was left totally BEREFT :cry:
Also, loved this digimon-ass thing:
IPx_7J.gif

Oh and the scene where Reg went into his BERSERK MODE or whatever it was and was animated in a totally different style from everything else! :disco:
made-in-abyss-reg-berserk.gif

I hope that returns and wasn't just a movie budget thing, it was amazing (all the fight scenes were great now that I think about it). He reminded me of the void creature from Hollow Knight :disco:

I don't know if it's on streaming :( We have been going old school when it comes to acquiring them :eyes:

Loving Made in Abyss, especially now they’ve stopped obsessing over the poor child’s PENIS.

It’s still fairly WHIMSICAL but the traumatic bits are starting to leech in…

• Love
Reactions: COB
Did the Bunny girl just administer the antidote…

ANALLY :D?!

Going to see this tonight:

Very here for what appears to be an EVIL CAT :disco:

Oh I’ve been meaning to go see this, let me know if it’s worth it.

I’ve just started watching the Ōoku: The Inner Chamber on Netflix and loving it so far.

It’s set in a world where a virus kills 80% of men in a feudal Japanese era. Women have assumed all positions of power and the men of the world are all basically WHORES! The Shogun keeps a harem of beautiful men as concubines who are forbidden from seeing any other woman, so 3 guesses how that ends up. :eyes:

Oh girls it’s so good!

I’ve only finished episode 1 (the first episode is feature length) and it’s such a THRILL! So many twists already and I have no idea how the rest of the season could possibly play out.

Oh girls it’s so good!

I’ve only finished episode 1 (the first episode is feature length) and it’s such a THRILL! So many twists already and I have no idea how the rest of the season could possibly play out.

I thought the first episodes was interesting but now (with 3 more episodes) we’re stuck with this bland monk story and I’m ready to give up.

It picks up but yes the first episode is probably much better than what follows.

I know it's technically not anime but I don't care, this looks absolutely sensational:

Also everybody please watch the previous Castlevania series if you haven't before, it's honestly so good.

They seem to have transplanted the frankly insane plot point from the games of the First World War being started by ELIZABETH BATHORY to the French Revolution here.

I own every single Castlevania game except Legends, and Rondo is up there with my FAVES but I cannot get excited for this show :( I watched two episodes but it was just so MID. Zero anime flair doesn't help either.

I hate being one of THOSE people but in this case it really is true - it gets better after a slightly rough start :D The first season of the last Castlevania show is sort of a prologue (hence why it's only four episodes long), they get to the good stuff in season two and once they hit their stride you'll have anime flair coming out of your ears :tongueout:

I hate being one of THOSE people but in this case it really is true - it gets better after a slightly rough start :D The first season of the last Castlevania show is sort of a prologue (hence why it's only four episodes long), they get to the good stuff in season two and once they hit their stride you'll have anime flair coming out of your ears :tongueout:

I second this, the introduction of Carmilla and then her sisters really elevates things.

• Love
Reactions: COB
Quite enjoying My Daemon on Netflix right now which is essentially a very DARK-SIDED Pokémon, if Pokémon were nuclear mutants and could kill people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom