SZA - S.O.S. (2nd album)

Jark

User
SZA's long awaited, borderline mythical sophomore album S.O.S. is seemingly coming Friday, and the album art is a Diana reference

it's gorgeous! is she going to sneak the last big album of the year?

I think this is going to sell something crazy like 500,000 in it’s first week

23 songs apparently. I'm sure they'll all be 2:40.

she performed Blind on SNL which... didn't blow my mind. but I also consider her debut a mixed bag. Prom, The Weekend and Good Days are her best songs and I'd be happy with a couple more for that list.

God this album is so fucking DULL. R&B needs to shift on as soon as possible, these production and vocal stylings are so limiting. Nearly every song sounds the same - weird electrified vocals with mumbling delivery. No discernible song structure and the melody/vocal delivery on every song is almost identical. She might have a wonderful voice but you'd never know because R&B artists aren't allowed to sing anymore they have to rap-sing every verse. They've run out of ideas.

Listening now. Nobody Gets Me smacked me in the face but that’s more to do with my current situation, will give it a bit of time to see what jumps

Nobody Gets Me is lovely. a smash. taking a cherry pick through the rest now.

oh wow. F2F is immediately brilliant. that chorus is huge! :disco:

Ghost in the Machine is very good too. Phoebe fits right in.

Nobody Gets Me
F2F
Too Late

The first half is a little samey but the second really course corrects. Further listens required

God this album is so fucking DULL. R&B needs to shift on as soon as possible, these production and vocal stylings are so limiting. Nearly every song sounds the same - weird electrified vocals with mumbling delivery. No discernible song structure and the melody/vocal delivery on every song is almost identical. She might have a wonderful voice but you'd never know because R&B artists aren't allowed to sing anymore they have to rap-sing every verse. They've run out of ideas.

finally some sense from El Funko

The album is very...pleasant. Her voice is great but there isn't a single memorable melody so far. A VERY slow burner.

On my first listen...

I'm liking SOS, Kill Bill, and Low

Seek & Destroy aren't as instant

Ok I skipped to the ones that are getting talked about and I love Blind and F2F (Olivia Rodrigo vibes?)

and really like Ghost In The Machine (phoebe and sza worked well together)

Screenshot_20221216_172115_Facebook.jpg

Kill Bill went in at #3, tying Kiss Me More (how was it not a #1?!) as her biggest Hot 100 hit.

I'm loving the DERANGED lyrics.

I just killed my EX
NOT the best idea
killed his girlfriend next
how'd I get here?
I just killed my ex,
I still love him though...
rather be in HELL than ALONE
:disco:

favourites right now: Nobody Gets Me (in at #10), Kill Bill, Conceited, F2F, Gone Girl, I Hate U, Good Days.

am I the only ONE who's quite OBSESSED with this right now?

Snooze + Ghost in the Machine are clearing my (nasty spotty post Christmas) SKIN!

I've a handful of tracks on repeat for the past two weeks, it's really mostly a solid effort.

I’ve not played it in the last week as have been listening to my Christmas playlist and then the Sugababes album since Christmas Eve but this will be straight back on rotation from tomorrow. It’s a strong set.

06 SOS
09 Kill Bill
07 Seek & Destroy
08 Low
07 Love Language
08 Blind
08 Used
08 Snooze
06 Notice Me
09 Gone Girl
08 Smoking On My Ex Pack
10 Ghost in the Machine
09 F2F
10 Nobody Gets Me
09 Conceited
09 Special
06 Too Late
06 Far
09 Shirt
08 Open Arms
10 I Hate U
11 Good Days
06 Forgiveless

god that took forever

Really don’t like this album. Not a single song above a 6 for me.

This spends its fourth consecutive week at #1 on the Billboard 200. First black female album to do that since janet in 1993.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom