Sugababes™

That being said, I hope we can all agree that the definitive Eternal configuration was as a three-piece (at the beach, they say Hey Conservatively Dressed Churchgoers)
To think Louise wrote (or most likely had written for her by V) those evangelical Always and Forever sleeve notes for nothing.

'fank u Jesus'

I can only assume your school failed Ofsted if that’s what your time there taught you an essay looked like.
Cant Believe It Series 2 GIF by BBC Three

Did 'Calico Moonchild' go fully round the pipe and storm off hating Moopy? Most of the other posts I come across from them these days have been edited to just a fullstop

It feels in keeping with the Sugababes ethos / energy if it was this thread that sent them packing

I love that the one (?) they left was insulting Jark’s school’s ofsted record

That really is an incredible photo @dUb absolute perfection. Great composition, beautiful composition.

• Love
Reactions: dUb
Some highlights:

Have you been in that position before, of having to do the commercial stuff that your heart wasn’t in?

Keisha Buchanan:
I was never really a fan of the poppy, poppy stuff, like the Red Dresses [‘Red Dress’ was their thumping Xenomania-produced 2006 single. Mutya had left the band a few weeks before its release].

There was actually a fan favourite from that time called ‘Ace Reject’. I once said I really hated that song and the backlash I got was insane. I was like, ‘you like that?!’. Now I have more of an appreciation for it. I still feel like it’s got the longest verse you’ve ever heard in your life.

That was one of those Xenomania songs [eccentric British production company] where you’d all have been put in different rooms in that big house to write different sections.

Keisha Buchanan:
Yeah. I had written about four different verses and expected to use one. And then they used four of them!

Siobhán Donaghy: Is this the delicatessen song?

🔹

Keisha Buchanan: I was on a lot of the records, I think they released maybe 2 singles when I left. If I’m being honest, ‘About A Girl’ is the only one that brings up things for me because it was around that time. I’ve still never watched the video. [‘About A Girl’ was a RedOne-produced dance single, in the Lady Gaga vein, released in 2009 just as Keisha was ejected from the group.]

Mutya Buena: No way!

Siobhán Donaghy: Don’t think I have either.

Mutya Buena: Me neither actually.

Keisha Buchanan: I was there when that was being filmed, you know.

Mutya Buena: That’s mental.

Siobhán Donaghy: Savage.

Keisha Buchanan: I was on the way to the site. That wasn’t a good day. But disclaimer, they’ve wished us well on these shows, they’re really happy for us.

Mutya Buena: Aww!

Keisha Buchanan: So a lot has changed since then. Amelle’s sent through a message, Heidi’s really happy for us and is rooting for us. You have to get to a point where you laugh at these things because it was a shitshow. But you move on, it’s all love.

🔹

You’ve been working with people like Blood Orange and Metronomy on remixes of older songs – do you have plans to get back in the studio soon?

Siobhán Donaghy:
There’s that word, ‘soon’.

🔹

And any surprises on the tour later in the year?

Siobhán Donaghy:
We’re adding a lot to the show. There’s one song people might not expect me to want to sing, but I want to sing it.

I want to see the receipts of Heidi’s ‘best wishes’

Keisha revealing she had more fun with Heidi and Amelle is just giving the Little Rangers false hope.

Imagine not absolutely losing your shit to Red Dress. Invented the double chorus.
the second chorus is SUCH A BEAST. is the Mutya version not on Spotify? I really can't with the Amelle version. in general she was a good vocalist but her vocal there is so shit compared to Queen Mut.

the second chorus is SUCH A BEAST. is the Mutya version not on Spotify? I really can't with the Amelle version. in general she was a good vocalist but her vocal there is so shit compared to Queen Mut.

I've both hun. Amelle's version is under the GH and Mutya's is under the TIMW album!

Oh my gosh… I’m deceased.

I just had the most beautiful conversation with Mutya. We spoke for about ten minutes, first of all about how incredible her solo music is and how music a song in particular meant to me. Then I showed her my tattoo which is the same as her tattoo.

Then we have a good old convo about the Sugababes, the leaked material, MKS, Siobhan and the big gigs, plans for the tour and upcoming material and OH MY GOD I am just absolutely stunned. She’s a queen.

C09BE7B0-E277-4C39-B012-8655802DE713.jpeg

Mutya really is queen of the people and the gays. She seems to always have a Sunday afternoon gig at The RVT every other weekend :disco:

The idea of Keisha being on the set of the iconic 'About A Girl' video.

This new information opens up the possibility that Heidi had to choose between Keisha and Amelle LIVE ON SET, while Jade Ewen watched on in polite terror, wondering what she'd done to her agent to deserve being signed up for this.

And then they all did THIS while Keisha sobbed slightly out of shot.

About-a-Girl-sugababes-15808706-713-304.jpg

This new information opens up the possibility that Heidi had to choose between Keisha and Amelle LIVE ON SET, while Jade Ewen watched on in polite terror, wondering what she'd done to her agent to deserve being signed up for this.

And then they all did THIS while Keisha sobbed slightly out of shot.

About-a-Girl-sugababes-15808706-713-304.jpg
A betrayal of the sacred feminine.
Persephone weeps.

Oh my gosh… I’m deceased.

I just had the most beautiful conversation with Mutya. We spoke for about ten minutes, first of all about how incredible her solo music is and how music a song in particular meant to me. Then I showed her my tattoo which is the same as her tattoo.

Then we have a good old convo about the Sugababes, the leaked material, MKS, Siobhan and the big gigs, plans for the tour and upcoming material and OH MY GOD I am just absolutely stunned. She’s a queen.

View attachment 12195
OMG! Such a great photo of you both :disco:

WHAT did she say about the leaks and new material????

OMG! Such a great photo of you both :disco:

WHAT did she say about the leaks and new material????
She said they were really gutted it had leaked because they knew it was strong material and now they can’t/won’t use it.

I said I was hoping that because they’ve kept Today in their set that it meant there was something happening with that material and that they should just release it any way because we will buy it all in multiple formats and it’s just too good to waste.

It doesn’t sound like they have lost any of it.

I said about just being so very happy for them, that they’re getting their moment because they’re the best talent in the UK and it’s just so nice to see the reception they’re getting, especially for Siobhan, so whilst it’s great they’re doing the legacy stuff they need to bring new material because we’ve patiently waited through all the ‘Soon’, the legal battles and label bs and she agreed but didn’t confirm anything was or wasn’t happening, just focussing on the tour.

Honestly Kev we had a proper chin wag about her music, she asked what I thought of Mighty Hoopla, about all the comments on where’s Heidi, she spoke so highly of Shiv and Keish and she was absolutely stunned that I have her tattoo, her people kept trying to take her away but she was like ‘yeah yeah I’ll be along in a minute’ and we kept chatting. Best night ever.

She said they were really gutted it had leaked because they knew it was strong material and now they can’t/won’t use it.

I said I was hoping that because they’ve kept Today in their set that it meant there was something happening with that material and that they should just release it any way because we will buy it all in multiple formats and it’s just too good to waste.

I said about just being so very happy for them, that they’re getting their moment because they’re the best talent in the UK and it’s just so nice to see the reception they’re getting, especially for Siobhan, so whilst it’s great they’re doing the legacy stuff they need to bring new material because we’ve patiently waited through all the ‘Soon’, the legal battles and label bs and she agreed but didn’t confirm anything was or wasn’t happening, just focussing on the tour.

Honestly Kev we had a proper chin wag about her music, she asked what I thought of Mighty Hoopla, about all the comments on where’s Heidi, she spoke so highly of Shiv and Keish and she was absolutely stunned that I have her tattoo, her people kept trying to take her away but she was like ‘yeah yeah I’ll be along in a minute’ and we kept chatting. Best night ever.
Amazing! I love that it sounds like you both got something out of the chat - it wasn't only one-way stanning!

Reactions: dUb

Incredible! Sounds like you said and asked all the right things! A true stan :disco: I wish she'd given you some kind of indication that new material is on the way but OH WELL

Did she say anything about Today when you mentioned it, why it's on the setlist etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom