SCD Strictly 2019

I don’t understand how Kevin having off screen sexual relations with Stacey is any different to Katya and Seann’s relationship?

I am very much not a KFG fan and don't want Katya to be demoted but the situations are different.

Katya (and Sean) were stupid enough to get papped mid-run and cause a whole lot of awkwardness for the show (though a spike in ratings too). Kevin and Stacey seem to be holding the line that nothing happened while on the show and until after her split - and they are able to do that because they didn't wind up pictured getting frisky outside a pub.

I am very much not a KFG fan and don't want Katya to be demoted but the situations are different.

Katya (and Sean) were stupid enough to get papped mid-run and cause a whole lot of awkwardness for the show (though a spike in ratings too). Kevin and Stacey seem to be holding the line that nothing happened while on the show and until after her split - and they are able to do that because they didn't wind up pictured getting frisky outside a pub.

I disagree. Stacey’s ex boyfriend has stated that she was having an affair with Kevin, so the premise is the exact same. Yes, they did not get caught kissing in the street outside a pub whilst intoxicated BUT Stacey and Kevin are now in a relationship so if anything it is surely WORSE.

When he went to collect his stuff from their flat Kevin had sent Stacey a text to say he loved her. Take of THAT what you will...

The boyfriend SAYS that, but there is no proof, is there?

They have confirmed they are a couple. Call me a cynic, but I think that is proof enough.

I disagree. Stacey’s ex boyfriend has stated that she was having an affair with Kevin, so the premise is the exact same. Yes, they did not get caught kissing in the street outside a pub whilst intoxicated BUT Stacey and Kevin are now in a relationship so if anything it is surely WORSE.

Whether it is worse or not Kevin's situation didn't cause a problem for the show during the series. I am not sure if more has come out now but all I remember seeing is about that text and Kevin turning cool with boyfriend suddenly. That can easily be palmed off (fairly or not) as vengeful ex.

They've had similar situations in the past and kept the pros around. Kristina and Ben Cohen for one.

They have confirmed they are a couple. Call me a cynic, but I think that is proof enough.

Feel free to think what you like, but it isn't proof in any real sense.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Katya should be given the boot either - but in terms of possible impact on the show on the show, they are really quite different. Had the Kevin/Stacey story broken during the run of the show then it may all be different.

Whether it is worse or not Kevin's situation didn't cause a problem for the show during the series. I am not sure if more has come out now but all I remember seeing is about that text and Kevin turning cool with boyfriend suddenly. That can easily be palmed off (fairly or not) as vengeful ex.

They've had similar situations in the past and kept the pros around. Kristina and Ben Cohen for one.

I would say it is all still negative publicity for Strictly if the affair was revealed during or after the show. If anything Katya and Seanns kiss boosted ratings as we all wanted to see the aftermath. I know this is not the sort of publicity the show actively wants to court, but it certainly seems par for the course with the amount of relationships that have ended through SEX AND DEBAUCHERY.

Feel free to think what you like, but it isn't proof in any real sense.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Katya should be given the boot either - but in terms of possible impact on the show on the show, they are really quite different. Had the Kevin/Stacey story broken during the run of the show then it may all be different.

I really don’t see what impact it would have either way if they kept Katya or not.:confused:

It makes no difference - Katya getting the boot is ridiculous.

But perhaps with all this LOVE RAT Kevin nonsense, they want to make eternal bridesmaid Neil the new nation's sweetheart.

But perhaps with all this LOVE RAT Kevin nonsense, they want to make eternal bridesmaid Neil the new nation's sweetheart.

Has another male dancer quit/been demoted?

Good luck to them with that. :D

Has another male dancer quit/been demoted?

Well Pasha at least has gone. Not sure if anything is confirmed - isn't anything else just rumour at this stage?

Well Pasha at least has gone. Not sure if anything is confirmed - isn't anything else just rumour at this stage?

Ah right. I was wondering how Katya getting demoted would affect Neil unless he was going to be part of the much talked about same sex dance couple.

YES. They've announced who is returning in some form but Strictly claim that no decisions have been taken about who will be partnered (even if they have unofficially).

I hope even if they had decided that Katya wasn't going to be partnered they switch it back after all this just to spite The Sun etc.

Katya not getting a partner is ridiculous

She is one of the best they have

I'd be very surprised if they were going to boot Katya, unless it's a new producers thing... Strictly has been here before, Matt di Angelo had a full-blown affair with Flavia whilst she was married to Vincent who was also on the show and who she partnered for all their show dances! I remember it was all over the papers back then.

""

Is it realistic that she could have a partner, and also rehearse and appear in a panto?

The Sun reporting that Michelle Visage is being signed up to compete.

""

Is it realistic that she could have a partner, and also rehearse and appear in a panto?

AJ is apparently also doing panto and you know he'll be permagrinning into the mirror over the shoulder of some unfortunate celebrity in a training room this autumn, so it shouldn't necessarily mean she won't get a partner.

Totally here for the Haus of Mabuse, after the Clifton clan's reign of terror.

Interesting choice, apparently she's already judged her sister in some German dance show and SENT HER PACKING.

Ps. I met Aljaz today, he came into the office. He's NOT AS TALL as you'd think but more good looking than on telly :disco:

I fully expect the tabloids will be full of stories about how, according to SOURCES, the other dancers are UP IN ARMS at the appointment of Oti's sister.

Apparently the pro dancers started rehearsals today :disco:

Apparently the pro dancers started rehearsals today :disco:

And the celeb announcements can't be too far off. Though the recent (and presumably accurate) rumours of the likes of Jamie Laing and Honey off Eastenders aren't exactly STARRY.

The first 3 celebs taking part will be announced on tomorrow’s One Show.

Anneka Rice, Jamie Laing and Sam Allardyce.

None of them set my World on fire it must be said.

Anneka Rice is at least semi :disco: for me.

The other two hold no interest as celebrities, but Allardyce surely has comedy potential.

I've learned over the years that the celebrities themselves (or at least their level of fame) matter very little to my enjoyment of it, anyway.

Anneka Rice is at least semi :disco: for me.

The other two hold no interest as celebrities, but Allardyce surely has comedy potential.

I've learned over the years that the celebrities themselves (or at least their level of fame) matter very little to my enjoyment of it, anyway.

Yes, I do agree. I find that liking/hating/KNOWING some contestants does build up the momentum for me before the show commences.

Jamie Laing? That feels a bit low rent for Strictly. But yes, people whinge about the line up every year, it normally makes no difference how famous they are. As long as we get a few fabulous ringers to piss everyone off as usual, I'm in

Way too niche for Strictly, surely?

But then saying that, what is Michelle Visage..

Michelle Visage who will be judging Drag Race UK at the same time. And look at the effort it looks like they are putting into that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom