Star Trek: Picard

He will, but it will be cancelled halfway through when one of the other queens opens an OnlyFans :(
9b0d48620056328a37a657e76ed9d1396fc046d2.gifv

I keep thinking about the Borg Queen in that trailer, they've made her look quite frightening - I'm guessing she's cut off from the collective and ends up scuttling about the place trying to pick people off :shock:

I'm really curious what the Borg's status in the galaxy is during the time this show is set, they didn't really go into it in season one despite the captured cube being a major location. Are they as dangerous as they were in the TNG era (where they were strong enough to directly attack Earth at least twice), or did the events at the end of Voyager neuter them quite a lot?

I might rewatch First Contact this week actually!

The line must be drawn HYEAH!! :disco:

I couldn't see Stewart wanting a longer commitment than that, really. I hope they give Picard a good send off, and I'm sure they'll be looking at continuing to explore the other characters in further series (Seven of Nine would be the obvious candidate, surely...).

Reactions: dUb
Has Bev Crusher been mentioned in this at all? I'd have thought they'd have ended up together.

I think she was already having some problems when they brought her back for that one episode towards the end. Not sure about her initial run, but she wasn't actually the one who was lined up to get fired, so she can't have been that bad. It was Garrett Wang who was lined up for the chop, but apparently he won some magazine poll so they decided at the eleventh hour to keep him and lose Kes to make room for Seven of Nine.

Yeah Garrett was named one of the most beautiful people or something so Jen was out on her ear

Poor Harry. The only man to actually lead entire shifts for 7 years and not get a promotion.
I always assumed I misunderstood what an Ensign was. In my mind it's quite a junior position, but he has a permanent role on the Bridge and is in management briefings at the highest level of the crew. Am I missing something?

I think she was already having some problems when they brought her back for that one episode towards the end. Not sure about her initial run, but she wasn't actually the one who was lined up to get fired, so she can't have been that bad. It was Garrett Wang who was lined up for the chop, but apparently he won some magazine poll so they decided at the eleventh hour to keep him and lose Kes to make room for Seven of Nine.
Yes, they'd even gone to the trouble of having Harry get infected with a deadly alien virus in the end of season cliffhanger - which he then fully recovered from when the show returned, of course :D

I always assumed I misunderstood what an Ensign was. In my mind it's quite a junior position, but he has a permanent role on the Bridge and is in management briefings at the highest level of the crew. Am I missing something?

It's the lowest officer rank. So it's higher than a crewman, but it's still quite lowly. You get Ensigns in all the ship departments though, e.g. like Ensign Wildman on Voyager.

I loved that one time where the Borg Queen turns randomly and inexplicably addresses Harry by name at the end of a conversation with Janeway, and says “see you soon Harry”, and no one on the bridge (least of all Kim) understands why.

Much as Voyager was a bit naff and destroyed some enjoyable aspects of Trek lore, I did really like Kate Mulgrew as the captain.

It seems a bit harsh accusing Voyager of being disrespectful to Star Trek’s past in a world that now includes Enterprise and Disco. Oh to have another Voyager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom