Star Trek: Picard

It's so weird that they're basically doing Soji's season one storyline again, with the same actress, just in the present day and with her being a clone rather than an android. Very curious where all that is going! I was half expecting her to discover that Soong had changed his name from Singh, but maybe that's coming :eyes:

I'm also not convinced that Renée Picard not going into space is what changes the timeline, it feels far too neat and there are other potential things going on that could do it - whatever's going on with Queen Agnes feels far more worrying at this point, for starters! I do enjoy that this episode had them basically with the same dynamic as previously, only with the Queen now negotiating for more and more control of Agnes's body rather than the ship. She looked like she was heading off with a purpose at the end of the episode, so I'm quite fascinated to see what happens next.

Catching up now, it occurred to me that this show answers the age old question of "What if Shonda Rhimes made a Star Trek show?".

Reactions: dUb
Well I'm officially hate-watching this show at this point. SORRY TO SAY!

Still love you Rios :love: and there is a bit of campy fun to be had with Jurati 'n' the Borg Queen.

Otherwise, it's a bit of a stinker. But on the upside it's not as bad as D********.

Things definitely haven't quite lived up to the promise of the first few episodes of the season, but I'm still enjoying it - I think it's mostly an issue of PACING for me, the two episodes before this one probably could have been combined into one and it would've stopped things feeling quite so flabby. I think it falls into the trap that so many shows do nowadays, where it cuts all the storylines up throughout an episode to try and create MOMENTS but just gets frustrating because it feels like some things barely move forward. The end of this episode looking like it's setting up a generic shoot-out/siege to finish off the season feels a bit uninspired, though there are two episodes left so it's hopefully not as simple as that.

Given they shot seasons 2 and 3 together, I'm guessing that there's going to be no conclusion to this season and it'll just be a massive cliffhanger with the same plot into season 3. I can't see how they can wrap it up.

I am still enjoying it too and I agree that the last few episodes have been a bit dire. Although there are plenty of episodes of TNG where Picard's coma bollocks wouldn't have been out of place at all.

Reactions: COB
Have I shared these guys before? They've given up on Discovery and are now talking about Picard - and ripping it to shreds :D

I find them very entertaining

Omg skip to 35:25 :D:D:D

the perfect distillation of this DIRE CRAP PROGRAMME!

My Trek fan friend/housemate/platonic life partner was VERY cross at the retconning of him seeing his mother in TNG in that one

Oh I loved that :D I've found all the stuff with his mother really interesting, I think the idea that some kinds of illnesses can't be fixed (no matter how far into the future you get and how advanced medical technology becomes) quite poignant.

Really enjoyed the finale! It's been weird that Picard and Q barely had any scenes together this season, so the ones in this episode are the sort of thing I had really been looking for the whole time - really nicely performed and full of pathos. I honestly think the season was generally pretty good, it just sagged in the middle and had some silly/schlocky moments that pulled it down a bit (replacing the Soong character entirely with a random other guy with similar motivations would've helped quite a bit too). Like last season I think binge watching will suit it much better, so I'll probably do that in the run-up to season three whenever that appears.

Covid restrictions meaning that characters were mostly split off into small groups for most of the season hurt things a bit too - how many scenes of Seven and Raffi wandering around back alleys do we need, for example :tongueout: I'm hoping that next season doesn't suffer from that too much, although they WERE filmed back to back so... :eyes:

Season three teaser trailer:

Crusher crushing it :disco: I think everyone looks fabulous really.

I mean I know this is clearly a touched up pic but she looks AMAZING here:

MV5BOGUwZWU0Y2ItNDc0ZS00N2Y3LWJlYjYtMWRjMmRlMDNmMzY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjQ0NDk4._V1_.jpg

• Love
She has always been THE queen :disco: Even when dealing with horny Scottish space ghosts.

Quite intrigued by this:

I mean if they're REALLY going for nostalgia and a TNG cast reunion, then I'm secretly hoping it's THIS bitch :disco:
840155dd33cddf20d7eaa26ad1deca58--star-trek-tv-star-wars.jpg

There are some recent press shots of Pat Stew and Gates together and she really does look that good (though clearly she's had some help).

It does look good!

I think I’m more excited about THIS though :disco:

Sorry I forgot it has its own thread :shy:

Hopefully Picard goes out in style! With a USS Titan series to follow or something.

And yes, that's
the Enterprise-F - using the same design from the Star Trek Online game:
Enterprise_F.png

I gave up on this during Season 1, but I’m always here for Marina Sirtis being an absolute tonic in interviews

Feb 16th for Season 3

Hope it's good

o_O O_o o.O O.o

• Love
There have been quite a few reviews of the new season, mostly very positive - and this time reviewers have seen the first six episodes, so hopefully it avoids the curse of the previous seasons of dropping off a cliff after the first two or three :o The few negative reviews have been quite BRUTAL though, which one even comparing it to Star Wars Episode IX :shock:

• Wow
Reactions: dUb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom