Simon Carlyle DEAD

COB

The ⭐ 👹
Mentioned in the Two Doors Down thread, but I think it deserves a separate thread:
An incredibly talented writer, and of course forever a legend in gay culture as the man behind Terri McIntyre.

I appreciate that he may not have been all that well known in the scheme of things, but I'm feeling desperately sad about this. Particularly the way he's been plugging away with TDD for so long and it's gone from an obscure show only shown in Scotland, to BBC2 nationwide more recently, then finally the upcoming series moving to BBC1 and he won't get to see it :(

They have just wrapped on the new season. I’m assuming he wasn’t unwell? So very sad.

Anyway RIP to this person.
sorry-to-this-man-keke-palmer.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Zu
Oh no. This is really sad. I first heard of him through the most fabulous Terri McIntyre which I was obsessed about 20 years ago. I loved his style of comedy, witty, sharp, bitchy and very very Glaswegian. :(

• Care
Reactions: COB
God this fucking boils my piss. Yes, it's unusual for 48 year old men to die, but it isn't THAT uncommon, unfortunately. Why do some people think they have a RIGHT to know? And ultimately, isn't the fact he's died sad enough? Does knowing the cause make any difference?

God this fucking boils my piss. Yes, it's unusual for 48 year old men to die, but it isn't THAT uncommon, unfortunately. Why do some people think they have a RIGHT to know? And ultimately, isn't the fact he's died sad enough? Does knowing the cause make any difference?

It’s actually worse than that. The ‘died suddenly‘ hashtag implies that they think he was killed by the covid vaccine. They can fuck off even more than you thought.

Ugh, these conspiracy ghouls are absolutely disgusting. It's nobody's business unless the family want to release that information.

He was tweeting several days ago! How could he POSSIBLY DIE?!

Unfortunately when these things make their way in to the public domain people tend to wonder how someone died like they knew them. Of course it doesn’t matter how he died as these things are always tragic regardless, but like all deaths that are reported in the media the cause of death will be revealed at some point.

I must admit though I had not even heard of him before today. Generally though, if someone I knew died that was only 48 and healthy I probably would automatically say something along the lines of OMG, how? Does that make me a ghoul? :(

Sometimes these things do just happen, sadly. My cousin's wife died a few years ago in her early fifties - was getting ready for work one morning, suddenly had an aneurysm and that was her gone. There can be all sorts of things people have going on and not even know about it :(

Unfortunately when these things make their way in to the public domain people tend to wonder how someone died like they knew them. Of course it doesn’t matter how he died as these things are always tragic regardless, but like all deaths that are reported in the media the cause of death will be revealed at some point.
Wondering is one thing. Taking to twitter to demand it only a few hours after the mews of his passing is made public is something else.

Wondering is one thing. Taking to twitter to demand it only a few hours after the mews of his passing is made public is something else.

Well no one should be demanding I agree. I do think it is a pretty natural reaction to wonder how someone died when they are healthy up to a point. I would hope his family and friends wouldn’t be paying much attention to twitter at the moment, especially when everything is so fresh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom