Shadow and Bone

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

This was some good fun, I’ve read the first two books and they were very by the numbers that I never bothered with the third but they brought in another series set in the same world which really balances out the story so you’re not too focused on the cliches which the novels were riddled with.

I like this strain of modern inclusive YA Fantasy with gays and people of color and the cast is full of pretty people. All in all a success which makes me hopeful for The Wheel of Time adaptation that’s coming.

Also my opinion is not influenced at all by this hot Swedish man who’s part of the cast

Watched this over the weekend, and enjoyed it very much. It didn't feel as young as some of the other Netflix YA fantasy stuff. I'm not familiar with the source material but combining the two books was definitely a good move as the storyline with the Crows was the most fun and it might have been a bit dry without them.

this wasn't half bad at all! it looked great and although evidently based on a by the numbers fantasy book, it felt engaging and fun. it was perfect for a Sunday binge. certainly better than the dreary Witcher production!

and yes, @Phoenix, we all noticed the Swedish man :eyes:

do we know how many seasons yet? I only need one more

I assume 3 since the Elena story was 3 books and they covered the first. The other is two books but what we got was a prologue.

Confirmed today that this has unsurprisingly been renewed for a second season.

next season March 16th. I was thinking about it the other day while watching the absolutely soul suckingly boring last season of His Dark Materials (which I doubt I even want to finish)

think I'll be doing a reactivation + immediate cancellation of my Netflix account for a bingey weekend of this

It seems I enjoyed this but I can't remember a thing about it!

Brain clearly fried.

It’s been 2 years so no one remembers much. They really need to speed up production on these shows.

I don't think there is much to remember other than protagonist finds out she's a human lamp but an evil general wants to turn her off. not an overly complicated plot

It was alright but you can see them striving for scale and failing. The final battle looked laughable with 10 people on each side.

Is it worth me checking this out? I know nothing about the books. I stuck with Wheel Of Time and ended up enjoying it even though it was infinitely flawed.

I’m unlikely to care if it’s all about someone learning about their power. I need some politics with my fantasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom