San Marino 2024: Megara - 11:11

IMG_5479.jpeg

I'm still genuinely unsure how to explain to my real life family that I sat through THIS last night. Might get AI to write a cover story for me
Last night, I embarked on a thrilling cultural exploration, immersing myself in the captivating world of international music. I attended a unique event showcasing diverse talents, discovering new rhythms that left a lasting impression on my night.

:) :)

I guess we can at least say that the result wasn’t fixed! I don’t mind Megara winning. They look loads of fun and I think they have a real shot of qualifying.

Of course I’m gutted for Loredana.

I feel sorry for the rest of Moopy who didn’t watch this with us. They will never know the amount of joy, elation, disgust, annoyance, pain, confusion, exhaustion, disappointment, and relief we went through together last night.

The Frau Zen Incumbent rolled his eyes and said "And how many old ladies are competing?" when I informed him that I was watching this.

:ToneNervous: :Loredana:

Aimie Atkinson has said that she had an amazing time but the sound issues were diabolical and she could not hear herself over the backing track at all when she was singing. She did well considering that. Half of the acts were struggling with their in ear-monitors, and you could tell when the less experienced ones were having some issues. Adam Sibley's vocals were terrible, and even Loredana was about half a beat off during the chorus. Megara had a huge advantage here because their style of song meant that it didn't really matter if it was a bit messy as it added to the performance.

Aimie Atkinson has said that she had an amazing time but the sound issues were diabolical and she could not hear herself over the backing track at all when she was singing. She did well considering that. Half of the acts were struggling with their in ear-monitors, and you could tell when the less experienced ones were having some issues. Adam Sibley's vocals were terrible, and even Loredana was about half a beat off during the chorus. Megara had a huge advantage here because their style of song meant that it didn't really matter if it was a bit messy as it added to the performance.
That’s a shame for Aimee - at least she came away with a decent placing so it wasn’t a total waste of time for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom