Patricia Bredin DEAD

VoR

Take it or leave it
The UK's very first Eurovision entrant. It wasn't a very good song. Even she described it as 'terrible' and never recorded a studio version.

The UK's very first Eurovision entrant. It wasn't a very good song. Even she described it as 'terrible' and never recorded a studio version.

Love that we started as we meant to go on.

RIP Pat!

She sounds like she lived quite a satisfying life. Although she never reached the heights of being a name, marrying a millionaire is a result of sorts and managed a pleasing selection of achievements. So RIP hun.

I have some questions about her lips however.

Gagged at her never recording the song.

It sounds like there may still be hope that Gina G can be tracked down, if R PAT can be found.

She outlived every other UK entrant from the 1950s. John Alford from The Allisons (1961) appears to still be alive if Wikipedia is accurate. Beyond that, the earliest contestant still breathing is actually Sandie Shaw.

The list of UK Eurovision entrants whom hated their songs is quite extensive!

Patricia
Sandie Shaw and Lulu (even though they both won)
And Olivia famously loathed ‘Long Live Love’ (which I really like!)

The list of UK Eurovision entrants whom hated their songs is quite extensive!

Patricia
Sandie Shaw and Lulu (even though they both won)
And Olivia famously loathed ‘Long Live Love’ (which I really like!)
Michael Ball hated his song too (although he's not as worthy of the others).

Frances Ruffelle is a curious one cause she loved her song but was supposedly not pleased how the orchestra arranged it on the night and prefers to forget she did Eurovision.

POOR BRAVE SONIA being one of the few willing to be associated with her song and carrying on churning out her tune! :(

Michael Ball hated his song too (although he's not as worthy of the others).

Frances Ruffelle is a curious one cause she loved her song but was supposedly not pleased how the orchestra arranged it on the night and prefers to forget she did Eurovision.

POOR BRAVE SONIA being one of the few willing to be associated with her song and carrying on churning out her tune! :(
Michael Ball in bad taste non-shock. It’s his only good song. I can understand the frustration Frances felt - 10th place must have felt like such a kick also. It’s an amazing song.

Sonia and Katrina seem more than happy to wheel out their entries, but when you won by a landslide why not?

I presume Imaani is a fan of ‘Where Are You’ but she seems to have vanished. Still the best UK entry of all time for my money.

Oh look at me de-railing this thread…

I presume Imaani is a fan of ‘Where Are You’ but she seems to have vanished. Still the best UK entry of all time for my money.

Oh look at me de-railing this thread…

Seems she performed it at some Eurovision parties in 2009 & 2011 (according to a quick YouTube skim search anyway :D) . Since then, it's been performed by frightfully... Portuguese Suzy :D

In other news, Mary Hopkin also hated Knock Knock... Who's There and described being forced to perform it as 'humiliating'.

It was one of the last major things she did as a pop star before retreating from the limelight and becoming more of a session musician.

In nearly dead British Eurovision star news I was disappointed to hear that Brotherhood Of Man have retired from touring :(

Screenshot_20230815_213433_Facebook.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom