Old TOTP (BBC4)

Madonna playing it quite low key here. My memory says that she was considered to be on the wane in 95. Well, we all know how THAT turned out.

I have no memory of this Ace of Base song at all. Rightly, by the sounds of it.

Remember when we all thought The Rolling Stone were old and past it in 1995 and they were actually only just into their 50s? Oops.

I love the way Etienne Daho just saunters onto the stage during "He's On The Phone", looking as out of place as a steak at a vegan buffet.

Whatever you think of "Wonderwall", the line "there are many things that I would like to say to you but I don't know how" is just fabulous.

Bowie was so fucking cool during this period. It's peak Britpop, he's being referenced left right and centre, so he makes 1. Outside, one of the weirdest albums of his career. I wonder if anyone bought it off the back of this, probably the most normal track on the record, got it home and wondered what the hell was going on.

Did Robson and Jerome make any money out of this? They're not writing any of the songs, after all.

If you looked at the contents of the chart on the countdown during the Queen video, it was CRAWLING with pre-Christmas nonsense - Whigfield’s Last Christmas, Michael Barrymore, Frank Bruno, CHRISTMAS IN BLOBBYLAND…
Did they not chart the week before Kiani? Yes they were Xmas nonsense but not like the left till the week before Xmas big hitters we’d see in the late 90s and early 00s

Catching up now.

The same Rolling Stones song listed twice in the chart countdown.

God the lights down bit in Missing works so well. Chills! Trance breakdowns before they were a thing.

Trace giving absolutely nothing is not only entirely on brand but works perfectly.

I hope Bosnian beauty contests never play Miss Sarajevo.

At least it had the big dog Pavarotti.

Shirley Manson looking STUNNING and making QUEER cool years before it was.

What a woman.

The Childliners line up really was a who's who of artists who'd had a no.4 hit in the last three years.

CJ Lewis!
Nightcrawlers!
Let Loose!
Deuce!
Dannii!

and astonishingly The Backstreet Boys!

Missing on it's 4th outing.

I wonder what the most showings was without getting to no.1.

Surely this is the last appearance of the Outhere Brothers, aside from Xmas Day.

I know it's all SHITE, but I was a Year 10 knobhead at the time and honestly I have positive nostalgia for it.

Hang on we've missed an episode. Do we know why? R Kelly was well out the charts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom