O-Town - Liquid Dreams

"Just a little touch of Madonna's wild style, with Janet Jackson's Smile"

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
God this song was DISGUSTING. I love how the video totally sledgehammers the metaphor in too - there is literally spunk dripping off the screen. The whole thing is completely surreal. I can't quite believe that it

a) actually happened

and

b) was a big hit.

Last edited:
It is totally and utterly inappropriate.

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

Listening to all the celebrities it lists - it really is a gay man's idea of who straight men find attractive, isn't it?

Show me a boy who was jacking off to the thought of Madonna's wild style and Janet Jackson's smile, even back in 2001, and I'll show you a PADLOCKED CLOSET.

Last edited:
DING DING DING VoR. There's so much about it that's wrong wrong wrong.

Granted my English was not at its best when I was 13 but even I realised that it's just an UTTERLY UTTERLY RIDICULOUS song without any redeeming features.

Needless to say they were quite big over here. :eyes:

:D

[OMF]WHO IS THIS TAKE THAT? I CAN'T SEE THEM TAKING OFF.[/OMF]

Last edited:
Oh are you ready to laugh about that now? I'M STILL TRAUMATIZED. :evil:

Anyway in fairness it must be one of the most obscure top 3 hits of the 00s, even though it had a reasonably strong chart run and they even had another top 5 with the followup. Disappeared without trace after that though.

I'm pleased that VoR has slated it. I came in here to have a GO at him because I assumed that he started the thread because he liked it.

Oh are you ready to laugh about that now? I'M STILL TRAUMATIZED. :evil:

you were not in any way wrong regarding my rubbishness with pop music. It was more the ACCUSATION that it's my responsibility to accurately educate moopy on these threads when all I'm trying to do is be objective with my choices. I AM NOT A CELINE DION FAN.

I NEEDN'T WORRY though, I don't think O-TOWN will warrant one of those threads ANYTIME SOON.

O-Town's second album wasn't even that bad. They just appeared at completely the wrong time - I always preferred 'We Fit Together'

Well like I said it wasn't an accusation at all, it was a light-hearted joke. I wouldn't want you any other way.

ANYWAY BACK TO THE SPUNK SONG.

Do you have anything actually CONSTRUCTIVE to say about this group/song, or are you just going to sit here making snide comments?

Weren't they the product of P Diddy on the first making of the band? i remember watching the show when this came out.

The video is like a really lame James Bond credits-sections. Worse even than the Sheena Easton one.

I can't believe Funky doesn't know this song!

It was one of my favourite boy band songs. They were literally the first 'reality game show' group, even before Hear'Say weren't they?

I fancied Dan and remember watching their MTV show and he used to get bullied by all the other boys. :( I wanted to cuddle him better.

I appear to be the only one that will admit to loving this though. :D

I'd never heard of this song either.

Last edited:
Apparently they're working on a reunion as a quartet :D

OTown.gif

'Love Should Be A Crime' was brilliant.

:D

The one in a checkered shirt and beard will do for me, he actually improved over the years.

OMG Phoenix we are at opposite ends of the spectrum. He is my definitely my least desirable oh-eleven O-Towner.

OMG Phoenix we are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Well that's a relief because i seriously don't want to recreate this...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vEkPsese47w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was this dirty old Uncle Lou's last ejaculation then?

What a note to go out on. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom