New(ish) funky/laid-back disco

This is bloody gorgeous. Although I've no idea what Haymaker is.

I'm getting a lot of joy from this song these days. It pairs perfectly with Remember Where You Are in my playlist. The rainy sound effects are everything - so much ATMOSPHERE!

Get a load of this Jark! They've remixed the whole album! Someone get me a sunlounger and a cocktail STAT

Also this thread should really be moved to the dance forum @mods!

You can't improve on the original IMO but any fans of Ekkah who found that track a little too mellow might like this remix

Love this @Jark - is it SUMMER YET?

It might be worth asking a mod to move this thread into the dance forum. It's always a faff to find in the pop forum and it doesn't show up in the search bar for some reason...

Last edited:
Full on big classic disco production:

HA, I came here to post that after posting in the house thread in a TERRIBLE ERROR, it is of course proper disco.

As penance, here's some new loungey Le Flex, which I LOVE

HA, I came here to post that after posting in the house thread in a TERRIBLE ERROR, it is of course proper disco.

As penance, here's some new loungey Le Flex, which I LOVE

I often dither about which thread to post in but always err on the side of disco :D

A yacht kind of direction:

I haven't listened yet but the Patawawa album is out this week.

The Paco Versailles album is delightfully easy listening @FetchFugly. i just cherry picked so far but loving Shangri-La.

also getting big Franc Moody/L'Imperatrice vibes from the thick funk bassline on that Patawawa remix.

speaking of which there's a new L'Imperatrice album out too it seems?

weird how different this song is from Relapse... I think I kinda love it a lot? but it also makes me want to listen to Fireworks by Purple Disco Machine just so I can really LOSE IT.

Yeah very different to Relapse! I hope this spurt of new singles means another album is on the way...

Isn't that Satin Jackets song an old one? It is definitely familiar.

Edit - it looks like it came out last summer and they've randomly just released an extended version.

Last edited:
Also get your teeth around this. New EP from one of my all time faves Miguel Migs, usual deep house, but this Aeroplane mix :o :disco:

So this came out. Haven’t listened to it yet but I’m salivating just based on the songs that I do know. It’s like a radio channel of modern disco records and it never ends

@Jark @RJN @ManicKangaroo @FetchFugly

On the one hand this looks interesting. On the other hand it's almost 7 hours long. So if any happen to stand out, I'd love to know :D

On the one hand this looks interesting. On the other hand it's almost 7 hours long. So if any happen to stand out, I'd love to know :D
:D that’s why I said it’s more of a radio channel, you’d have to leave it on in the background!

I’ll have a WHIZZ and report back with CHOICE CUTS

• Love
Reactions: RJN
Also get your teeth around this. New EP from one of my all time faves Miguel Migs, usual deep house, but this Aeroplane mix :o :disco:

I still remember those HOT SUMMER DAYS sunbathing to the SULTRY Miguel Migs remix of I’m a Slave 4 U.

AMAZING. holy fuck. let me glamourously pop my puss a bit.

So this came out. Haven’t listened to it yet but I’m salivating just based on the songs that I do know. It’s like a radio channel of modern disco records and it never ends

@Jark @RJN @ManicKangaroo @FetchFugly

I watched the film this soundtracks a few weeks back. It mainly focuses on the Glitterbox dancers but had some historical stuff too. The shots of people packed together in clubs seemed quite alien in current circumstances (not that I'd been in a club for a very long time before all this).

There are (shorter) CD and vinyl releases too.

that's nu-disco heaven. can't wait to soundtrack sunny day drinks parties to that!

The original to this is from last year but this remix is a complete makeover. 80s funk and 90s groove sounds.

This is good. I never realised I needed a Moroder makeover of a Jungle track, but the 70s sounds connection actually makes sense...

I saw that yeah but I didn't really care for it - the vocal is all wrong. He sounds like an indie pop singer. It just jarrs with the music for me. Curious what @Jark thinks.

definitely more of an indie/pop vocal but I like the song and think the vocal fits!

On another listen the production is gorgeous so I might give it another go and get used to his voice! I hope it’s not the start of a new direction though I prefer their more soulful stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom