Neighbours D̶E̶A̶D̶ ALIVE!

Should have her as the actual next Doctor after Cutie

Would it be too much to also have Izzy as Missy?

Reactions: COB
I was really touched to learn that Annie Jones had pretty much put her career on hold to take care of her mother who had Alzheimer's. My Dad was initially diagnosed with it two years ago, but more recently the diagnosis has changed to dementia with Lewy bodies. My parents live just outside of Lancaster, whilst I'm down here in London and as Dad is deteriorating, I've been weighing up what to do for the best. He's actually my Mum's carer and there's going to come a point when he's not going to be able to do that. Didn't Jane leave to go and take care of Mrs Mangel? Talk about art mirroring/imitating life. I'm so glad her character had a happy ending with a storyline that was a main feature/absolutely integral to the last couple of episodes.

He is such a wonderful human.

Apropos of nothing, I've given Annie a follow on Instagram too.
I've been having a nice chat with Jacinta! :D

The level of fan engagement is lovely.

I was really touched to learn that Annie Jones had pretty much put her career on hold to take care of her mother who had Alzheimer's. My Dad was initially diagnosed with it two years ago, but more recently the diagnosis has changed to dementia with Lewy bodies. My parents live just outside of Lancaster, whilst I'm down here in London and as Dad is deteriorating, I've been weighing up what to do for the best. He's actually my Mum's carer and there's going to come a point when he's not going to be able to do that. Didn't Jane leave to go and take care of Mrs Mangel? Talk about art mirroring/imitating life. I'm so glad her character had a happy ending with a storyline that was a main feature/absolutely integral to the last couple of episodes.

I've known about Annie's story for years - she seems to be a woman of some resilience - she's always maintained that she has never regretted her choices. Glad to see she's been slowly getting back to work and that she finally has a social media presence.

Someone commenting on SayHey about her appearance received this rather on-the-ball response:

"Annie was the one left behind, out of Neighbours' Fab Four. She had to look after her ill mother for many years (in real life) and only returned to acting very recently when the mum died. Reading between the lines, she's had a tough life, a real life, and probably has not been wealthy at all. That's the face of a normal person in their mid 50s who has struggled a lot and not been insulated by wealth."

(or the surgeon's scalpel)

Seriously though, I've always held a fondness for all four of them (though Donovan can really test that at times).

Sorry to hear about your dad too @Mike(y) W
Thank you.

Going back to Neighbours, I was fooled into thinking that Mike, Jane, Scott & whatshername were all together on the balcony. Mind you, I was busily sobbing through most of the last ten minutes, so I wasn't paying too much attention to the editing of those scenes.

Wishing you all the best @Mike(y) W

Annie Jones' insta is wonderful - again, amazing fan engagement (even to the point of politely turning down the men who ask her out).

Going back to Neighbours, I was fooled into thinking that Mike, Jane, Scott & whatshername were all together on the balcony. Mind you, I was busily sobbing through most of the last ten minutes, so I wasn't paying too much attention to the editing of those scenes.

When I was a kid (well an adolescent) I wanted all four of them (as in their real life counterparts) to remain friends4life. Obviously that didn't really happen.

There was that period in the early 90s, where Kylie seemingly hated everything about her (relatively short history) in Neighbours and at PWL and she didn't seem to want to have anything to do with any of it. Whereas Guy seems to have always been really grounded - he's stayed in touch with Annie (and Jason) all this time.

There was that period in the early 90s, where Kylie seemingly hated everything about her (relatively short history) in Neighbours and at PWL and she didn't seem to want to have anything to do with any of it.
Well to be fair to her, by that time she was trying to establish herself as a serious credible artiste and all we knew her for was her PWL penned and produced hits. Then of course SAW had been dominating the charts for two years and their time was almost up, so understandably she'd want to distance herself from them - like Bananarama did.

When I was a kid (well an adolescent) I wanted all four of them (as in their real life counterparts) to remain friends4life. Obviously that didn't really happen.

There was that period in the early 90s, where Kylie seemingly hated everything about her (relatively short history) in Neighbours and at PWL and she didn't seem to want to have anything to do with any of it. Whereas Guy seems to have always been really grounded - he's stayed in touch with Annie (and Jason) all this time.

Proof!

I’m not a massive Neighbours fan but watching this week it did strike me that Annie Jones seemed to be by far the most competent actress of the regular cast. I hope she gets some decent work off the back of all this.

Guy and Kylie got friendly again in the early 2010s I think. He mentioned somewhere in an interview that he hadn't actually spoken to her in something like 17 years at that point.

I'd love Kylie to follow Annie on Instagram (Annie follows her) but the closest I can see is that she liked one of her posts. :(

I’m not a massive Neighbours fan but watching this week it did strike me that Annie Jones seemed to be by far the most competent actress of the regular cast. I hope she gets some decent work off the back of all this.

I think Jackie Woodburne is a pretty decent actress too (though to be fair I think I've only seen a couple of years of her work on Neighbours). I know she was in Prisoner.

I added Annie Jones on Instagram as well last night.

I've noticed that she's following some, but not all the regular cast. I'm going to check all of them later and reconsider how much I think I like them.

So Kylie and Jason's scenes were filmed before a script was in place:

That figures as they seemed to be filming long before production wrapped, but still doesn’t explain at all why Kylie had to be pretty much mute the entire time and not have a few fairly inconsequential lines like Jason.

Jason clearly adlibbed....and not particularly well I might add.

That figures as they seemed to be filming long before production wrapped, but still doesn’t explain at all why Kylie had to be pretty much mute the entire time and not have a few fairly inconsequential lines like Jason.
Coz she doesn’t have any TALANT babes

Jason clearly adlibbed....and not particularly well I might add.
OK fine we’ll it doesn’t explain why they didn’t write them both just a couple of things to say that could have slotted in anywhere. I’m not getting at Kylie. :eyes:

I suppose it's like dunking them into a Whose Line Is It Anyway? sketch.

Improv clearly isn't their thing.

The scene at the window is enough. Doesn't really need explaining if you're a fan of Neighbours (and Kylie).

If they didn't have a script ready they should have just asked her to break into the theme song at the end of the episode.

there WAS kylie dialogue but it was edited out. I can’t remember exactly but jason said something like: how you doing mate?, to which she responded : our family still hasn’t recovered from the shame of dannii telling danyl johnson that if we’re to believe everything we read in the papers then maybe he didn’t need to change the gender reference in the song

there WAS kylie dialogue but it was edited out. I can’t remember exactly but jason said something like: how you doing mate?, to which she responded : our family still hasn’t recovered from the shame of dannii telling danyl johnson that if we’re to believe everything we read in the papers then maybe he didn’t need to change the gender reference in the song
As if the fourth wall wasn't broken enough.

Especially For You blasting out of the car radio was plenty META for me.

'No Dannii, I haven't got time to talk. What? no, no, not this Konnie Huq thing again..'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom