Neighbours D̶E̶A̶D̶ ALIVE!

I’ve got up to the debut of this ubiquitous song. I always associated it with Scott and Charlene but it comes on way before they’re even in it:

I've decided I love Zoe. I wish she'd hung around for longer!

I'm at the episodes where she is going out with Jim, and the way his family is treating them is disgusting - especially Paul and Lucy.

I've decided I love Zoe. I wish she'd hung around for longer!

I'm at the episodes where she is going out with Jim, and the way his family is treating them is disgusting - especially Paul and Lucy.
I’m just passed that. Up to all the prolonged drama of Charlene pretending Susan’s baby is hers.

There’s a massive chunk of missing episodes in 1987 leading up to Scott & Charlene’s wedding, but it seems they’re just restricted by region, so use a VPN and they’re there:

I’ve got up to the debut of this ubiquitous song. I always associated it with Scott and Charlene but it comes on way before they’re even in it:

I always remember that Capri V is almost an anagram of V Crap thanks to Smash Hits.

😄 I'm not sure why I get so annoyed when characters aren't removed from the opening titles straight away! Max is there for ages after he leaves.

It took them ages to include Madge too - especially as she started the same time as Zoe, Mike and Clive, and they were included straight away. Maybe she wasn't intended to be a regular at first?

😄 I'm not sure why I get so annoyed when characters aren't removed from the opening titles straight away! Max is there for ages after he leaves.

It took them ages to include Madge too - especially as she started the same time as Zoe, Mike and Clive, and they were included straight away. Maybe she wasn't intended to be a regular at first?
The faux “bit” that’s done for Zoe, Mike and Clive pretending to get stuck in the doorway in the opening credits has been pissing me off for some reason. Max is finally removed from the credits at episode 300.

Possibly because one thing that amazed me, picking it up so close to the end was how quickly they put people on and booted people off the opening titles.

The faux “bit” that’s done for Zoe, Mike and Clive pretending to get stuck in the doorway in the opening credits has been pissing me off for some reason. Max is finally removed from the credits at episode 300.
Yeah I don't like that one either. Like, when do you ever have that happen in real life?!

I often think of how I would do them differently, and I think I'd put Zoe with Daphne and Clive.

I love that there's another SCANDALOUS plot about "poison pen" letters going around the neighbourhood.

Also, Madge and Tom Ramsay look exactly the same age as their parents.

I love that there's another SCANDALOUS plot about "poison pen" letters going around the neighbourhood.

Also, Madge and Tom Ramsay look exactly the same age as their parents.
Bear in mind she was probably just a little older than you are now Ellie. :angel:

I don't think Zoe or Danny have got long to go in the episodes I'm watching. I can see why Danny left because he's been a bit redundant since Scott changed his face and got a new group of friends. He hasn't had a proper storyline in ages.

I’m just passed that. Up to all the prolonged drama of Charlene pretending Susan’s baby is hers.

There’s a massive chunk of missing episodes in 1987 leading up to Scott & Charlene’s wedding, but it seems they’re just restricted by region, so use a VPN and they’re there:

I've just got to episode 436 and annoyingly the next few are missing. What VPN is best for this do you think?

I’m up to the hidden missing episodes. I rather like Rob Lewis as a character, definitely a precursor to Lou Carpenter.

I remember watching Ernie Bourne (the actor who played Rob Lewis) simultaneously as Merv Pringle in Prisoner: Cell Block H, and finding it all quite confusing.

That does seem silly after they gave it such an emotional farewell, but good for them!

Sceptical about how successful this will be but it is surely a decision made solely with the UK market in mind (considering it was still pulling in the best part of 1m viewers a day)

I can’t believe Kylie finally gave in after 35 years, turned up in overalls and frizzy hair to bring it all full circle and pay silent, loving tribute to where it all began, only for them to resurrect the show five minutes later

Wow! It would be great to have the entire series available to stream as well, not sure if that's on the cards or just selected 'seasons'.

I feel like there probably would be more appetite for re-showing the old episodes UK Gold style. However this is lovely news and seeing Susan this happy has given me a warm feeling in my cockles. :)

Hopefully FreeVee will treat it well too. They don't really have a flagship show yet apart from Judy Justice.

How are the ads on Freevee? I was thinking of starting a rewatch of Babylon 5 as I saw it was on there, but I've been spoiled by ad-free streaming by this point.

FFS why would you wait until they do this big emotional finale? :D

WORSE THAN CHER!

They should do a proper reset to pay respect to the original show.

Have they confirmed it'll air all year round, Soap style? That seems atypical for streaming services. I could see them doing it as a seasonal thing instead though.

Have they confirmed it'll air all year round, Soap style? That seems atypical for streaming services. I could see them doing it as a seasonal thing instead though.

Freevee is spending a lot of money on TV shows, both acquisitions and originals. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is their foray into soaps now too.

How are the ads on Freevee? I was thinking of starting a rewatch of Babylon 5 as I saw it was on there, but I've been spoiled by ad-free streaming by this point.
Not that bad. They have a timer in the corner letting you know how many seconds left and during Judy Justice they're never longer than 2 mins.

Were any regular characters given send-offs at the end that would make it tough to write them back in now?

Were any regular characters given send-offs at the end that would make it tough to write them back in now?
Literally everybody was leaving apart from Karl and Susan and then they old changed their minds!

Nobody ended up leaving, but they did give Jane a happy ending with Mike Young so it would be unfortunate for them to have to undo that.

:D This is insane. I wonder if there will just be a whole new cast. I take it Jane can’t come back or that would ruin the ending with her happy ever after with Mike… unless Guy Pearce fancies being like a Maris Crane type character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom