Most Tolerable Black Eyed Peas hits

Which would you save from a fire?

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
Famously one of the very worst regular chart presences of the 00s, which of their many deeply annoying hits hold any kind of residual appeal?

The first album is actually AMAZING

This is one of the best hip hop songs of the 90s. It was a hit in the genre if not the actual charts!

The pop stuff all just merges into one now I can barely tell most of them apart, except for BBP, I Gotta Feeling and Where Is The Love.

I couldn't care less for any of it really, but I do enjoy Imma Be.

Meet Me Halfway is about it for me. That genuinely impressive live vocal from Fergie was quite a moment. If I remember correctly, she/they totally upstaged poor Leona Lewis, who was flogging one of her tragic post-Bleeding Love bits of rope on the same show.

I have a bit of time for Don't Phunk With My Heart too, but nine times out of ten I'd rather just listen to I Wonder If I Take You Home.

Oh I don't mind Meet Me Halfway actually. Kinda forgot about that.

I would not actively set on fire anyone who asked me to listen to ‘Shut Up’. The others are also there.

The later THE E.N.D. singles are the only ones I listen to these days ("Meet Me Halfway", "Rock That Body" and "Imma Be" - "Missing You" from that album is also great). The stuff from the first two big albums has dated so poorly.

I'm quite fond of "The Situation" and "Fashion Beats", they didn't have the right to be that good considering they were album tracks.

Meet Me Halfway, with it's uncredited Cyndi-sampling and Cheryl Cole high-heal-borrowing X-factor performance, is probably their atypically plaintive peak. I can tolerate I Gotta Feeling even if it should have been called I've Got A Feeling. Maybe they were spooked as we all were by Annie and the Eurythmics' similarly titled I've Got A Life and didn't want to miss the streams from typos and spelling predictors.

Meet Me Halfway is about it for me. That genuinely impressive live vocal from Fergie was quite a moment. If I remember correctly, she/they totally upstaged poor Leona Lewis, who was flogging one of her tragic post-Bleeding Love bits of rope on the same show.

I have a bit of time for Don't Phunk With My Heart too, but nine times out of ten I'd rather just listen to I Wonder If I Take You Home.

Iconic performance. Sorry not sorry.

I do have a soft spot for Shut Up mostly because I like to do the vocal runs/FOGHORNS etc. along with Madame Fergie Ferg

Sorry not sorry, I properly love I Gotta Feelin'. Definitely one of those awful str8 wedding songs I will enjoy unironically, and what about it?

Also, a good a time as any to bring back Alanis' (actually genuinely quite good) My Humps - she went viral before going viral was a THING.

I quite like a few of their singles through to Boom Boom Pow

1. Where Is The Love?
2. Boom Boom Pow
3. Shut Up (if only for the iconic Whitney rendition in a parking lot)
4. Request Line
5. Don't Phunk With My Heart

Screenshot_20220822-082542_Chrome.jpg

OH

1. Where Is The Love
2. Meet Me Halfway
3. Don’t Phunk With My Heart

Picking a tolerable one took some time, but if we were picking which one we wanted to torture slowly and painfully, until the spark of life finally faded behind the eyes, only to be decapitated and dismembered with body parts being sent to every music producer in the world as a warning to never make a song that hideous again? Well, that would be I Gotta Feeling.

HATEFUL TRACK

'Where is the Love' is a bit annoying, but the fact that will.i.am now changes the lyrics to avoid insulting the CIA?! UNHINGED.

• Haha
Reactions: VoR
I Gotta Feeling was quite a banger but horrendous overplay at the time means I can no longer listen to it without switching off/over.

I didn’t know they were so universally hated. 🤷‍♀️ They have some GREAT songs, although I can’t say that I have listened to most of them in the past 5 years.

Black Eyed Peas Top 8

1. Where Is the Love?
2. Meet Me Halfway
3. Don’t Lie
4. Just Can’t Get Enough
5. Shut Up
6. Don’t Phunk With My Heart
7. Request Line
8. My Humps

Refusing to vote as it’s limiting me to five :oi:

I mean it was only about seven, but I didn’t find them that bad. I‘d never put on a playlist of them but they were better than some other big forces of the time.

Actually it was six so I’ve voted :D

Meet Me Halfway and Just Can’t Get Enough are genuinely good little pop tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom