Leona Lewis - Better In Time

Gonna smile cause I deserve too-oo-oo

• Total voters
I remember being really into this at the time:

An "oh, who knew you could do an uptempo? Oww!" moment, but it sounds quite cheap and crappy now :(

this would've been big at the time though for sure. but Naked is a better uptempowww.

After the big debut this girl with the amazing voice was so basic and nondescript, but can someone please explain to me how someone can have a song like “Brave” in their catalogue and it not be the biggest song of their career? How is that even possible?

Everything about that song is epic and timeless. How has a TV show or movie franchise not yet picked it up as their theme? Are they DEAF?

I love this song. Her voice still sounds AI as fuck. She's very UNSEASONED. A 6 incher. A Normal-type Pokemon.

I really enjoyed the 1st 3 albums. I See You should've been given a single release. It was the theme to one of the biggest films ever. Never really gave the 4th a chance. Don't get why she never released another album with Warners or even BMG.

Javine must have been bedridden after hearing Forgive Me. What a basic bop - it slaps, awkwardly struts and probably throws you a cold towel after it's finished slapping you.

I think I can come up with a top 10

1. Bleeding Love - basic choice but I still love it
2. Run
3. Forgive Me
4. Stop The Clocks
5. I Got You
6. Lost Then Found
7. Shake You Up
8. Better in Time
9. One More Sleep
10. Outta My Head

One More Sleep is somewhere in there but it’s hard to compare a Christmas song

I saw a tiktok of her literally crying her way through Bleeding Love, it wasn't pleasant to see but it's probably the most interesting thing she's ever done.

I don't think I've listened to that one by Leona Lewis before, but it's nice :)

That time when she was famous for winning X Factor I can sort of remember; Bleeding Love was played a lot, but it was a good time, and her voice is rather recognisable to me (on a similar level to Emeli Sandé, rather than Whitney Houston).
In more recent years I found it funny to learn that the tune of One More Sleep has the same tune as the Only Fools and Horses theme :D
Also that 'light up' is actually called Run 😅 (another one that I only recently saw the music video of).

Footprints in the Sand is still my favourite song that Leona sang. 👣💝

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom