Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)

Let's exchange the experience...

• Total voters
I could swear Stranger Things used a Kate track before now BTW. Was it Hounds of Love?

Maybe it’ll finally be the number one it deserves :eyes::disco:

I could swear Stranger Things used a Kate track before now BTW. Was it Hounds of Love?
There's an official Spotify playlist with all the songs used in the series so far and I don't see any other Kate songs on it, but I wonder if it was in the background of a scene at some point but they didn't consider it prominent enough to include?

Reactions: VoR
I'm not sure when the official soundtrack comes out (possibly in July with the second volume of this season), but I really hope they include the full version of RUTH that they used. It was remixed and combined elements of original music from the show's composers with Kate's vocals - it was a very special moment. I'm not sure if there'd be some sort of rights issue with them releasing it (and we know what Kate can be like :eyes:) but I do have my fingers crossed.

I'm not sure when the official soundtrack comes out (possibly in July with the second volume of this season), but I really hope they include the full version of RUTH that they used. It was remixed and combined elements of original music from the show's composers with Kate's vocals - it was a very special moment. I'm not sure if there'd be some sort of rights issue with them releasing it (and we know what Kate can be like :eyes:) but I do have my fingers crossed.
It was released on Friday

You're right, but they usually release two albums per season - one is a Various Artists compilation with the songs used (which came out on Friday) and one with the actual score by Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein. The version of RUTH used in the episode was so heavily remixed/embellished that I'm hoping it'll be included on the score, as it would be a shame not to get a clean version of it without dialogue etc over the top.

Surely the person scoring this a zero must be joking?
Screenshot_20220529-191728_Samsung Internet.jpg

Also, I'm a little embarrassed that I've been typing it out as "Running Up That Hill/A Deal with God" for years. I've just double checked and I'm wrong.

It is an astonishingly good song. The type where if you haven't heard it for a few months and then it comes up randomly on the radio or on a playlist, it stops you in your tracks with its brilliance all over again.

Yeah I’m not sure if they remixed it for Stranger Things but I thought ‘FUCK ME THIS SLAPS’ like I’d never heard it before.

Thousands of new Kate Bush fans instantly made this week. You don't just start and end with one Kate Bush song.
Never mind the fact that Stranger Things fans tend to be on the OBSESSIVE side anyway. It's a perfect fit for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom