Jungle - Volcano

Fourth album 'Volcano' is out on August 11/8/23. 'Candle Flame', featuring Erick the Architect of rap trio Flatbrush Zombies, is out now!

Tracklisting:

1. Us Against The World
2. Holding On
3. Candle Flame (feat. Erick the Architect)
4. Dominoes
5. I've Been In Love (feat. Channel Tres)
6. Back On 74
7. You Ain't No Celebrity (feat. Roots Manuva)
8. Coming Back
9. Don't Play (feat. Mood Talk)
10. Every Night
11. PROBLEMZ
12. Good At Breaking Hearts
13. Palm Trees
14. Pretty Little Thing (feat. Bas)

Although ‘Candle Flame’ is the first single, it’s not the official first taste of the album as last year’s ‘Problemz’ has made it onto the tracklist. It’s twin single ‘Good Times’, however has been left off, which J Lloyd told NME was purposeful.

“I think the songs on this new record just started to develop in a way that left [‘Good Times’] behind. It was almost like that was a beta version of what this new sound is. We tried to put it in there a few times, and it just didn’t feel right, whereas ‘Problemz’ did feel right.”

Shaking and crying and swinging my hips.

Interesting that they chose Problemz over Good Times, as the former was by far my favourite of that AA single even though the latter was pushed as the main song. Very happy that that is the blueprint for the album.

Can’t believe I have to wait to AUGUST now that I’m aware of it but I imagine we’ll get a song a month between now and then :disco:

Video is amazing as ever, and I’m pretty sure they cue up the Channel Tres song as the next single at the end of the video and it sounds amazing :o

this is lazy from all involved. album sounds a bit shit so far.

I LOVE that! It's the best one so far. The campaign has definitely been lacking compared to the others but that song works for me big time. Obsessed with Channel Tres right now.

Struggling with this campaign when everything is a solid 7/10 or 8/10 and I’m waiting for the 10s

I can’t complain about any of it other than it just isn’t hitting the way the other albums did. It’s more Radio 2 than Radio 6 and I don’t think that was the intention at all, it just… feels that way.

Still really want to hear the album but I feel like they’ve purposely shifted direction and the magic is gone.

Still love them though

It really was :D I thought about deleting it but then to think you’d never know what I was really thinking :(

The album is better than I had feared... nowhere near the levels of the last 2 albums, but there's some potential in here. Not sure the singles represent the album fully.

Highlights are the opener, "Good At Breaking Hearts", and the latest single which is picking up airplay "Back On 74" which is the best track on the album.

Album has done really well - in at #3 and doing good numbers on Spotify.

I don't think the video for the latest one has been shared... the song is doing much better than the others did on airplay, and I do think this should have been the first single. It's up there with their best.

Well this seems to be taking off, giving them their biggest hit to date (a relatively successful #73 on the main singles chart - they normally only perform on sales).

I absolutely love it, one of my fave singles this year.

The single has now gone 73-69-60-41-{36}

Interestingly the UK is only a fraction of its total streams as it seems this viral hit has gone global

Jungle were already quite big across Europe and South America though. Nice to see them get a genuine hit though in this weird chart era.

Good for them. So strange to suddenly have a chart hit hough, as they've had so many good tracks before and all largely with a similar sound. The charts are so confusing these days.

It’s a Tiktok / insta / YouTube thing. Most people have probably heard the song now without realising.

So because of this

and then this

and then some of this

and lots and lots and LOTS of this

and recently this

and now this

This is about to hit a new peak a year later. Also now climbing the US spotify charts... @POP! any chance they're going to have a hit there?

Last edited:
I ordered this album on CD from Rough Trade for £2.99, along with the recent Chromeo one and some others. Mind you they haven't actually been dispatched a week on so not sure they will materialise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom