Inside No 9

Eileen

All the better to see you with, my dear.
Anyone else see this? New comedy from the people behind Psychoville and the League of Gentlemen.

I thought episode one was GREAT.

Oh this was the absolute tits.

The sardines episode was fabulous, I am a bit gutted that it wasn't continuing with the arc, as there was plenty of opportunity there. The silent episode wasn't as good but obviously very ambitious and still very funny in places.

Not much CHAT about this. This was back this week for a second series. Far too gross in places but still very well written. And with an all star cast.

I missed all of series 1 but I saw the train episode and loved it! Good twist at the end too.

This week's was very sad! I love Sheridan Smith and the male lead was really hot.

I have never even heard of this and Psychoville (series 1 anyway) is one of my favourite comedies of recent years... Will look it up! Does it follow a continuing story throughout like Psychoville did?

I've never heard of this. What channel is it on?

Last edited:
No. The cast changes each episode too.

Boo. I will give it a try but I like stories with arcs, that's what I thought was so clever about psychoville (and things like Nighty Night). Kept you watching like a drama but whilst clearly being comedies.

It is a great series, so sumptuous to look at, though several of the episodes shouldn't really come under the banner of 'Comedy', especially Sheridan's beautiful tale. The swap of characters/styles of story is a strong appeal - the completely silent episode in the first series was an example of Shearsmith & Pemberton experimenting with the genre (la-di-da).

And Sheridan's "husband"? :horny:

uktv-tom-riley.jpg

IN ME NOW.

I think I gave up on the first series after the silent one, but both of the second batch have been very enjoyable. I agree about Tom Riley, one of the only reasons I persisted through the last season of Da Vinci's Demons.

After that utterly beautiful second episode I spent my bank holiday Monday watching the whole first series. Absolutely GREAT series - definitely some episodes stronger than others but overall SUCH a good show. Hopefully the universally great reviews for this weeks ep will spark others to get into it too - much underrated.

That call-centre episode was like a thriller and the ending was great!

I also watched the robbery episode earlier from series 1, very clever.

EDIT: to put the last 4 episodes in.

I have watched the all 12 episodes now:

FUCKING AMAZING
1. 12 Days of Christine
2. Tom & Gerri
3. Sardines
4. Cold Comfort

GREAT
5. The Harrowing
6. Seance Time
7. A Quiet Night In
8. La Couchette
9. The Understudy

GOOD
10. Nana's Party

AVERAGE
11. The Trial of Elizabeth Gadge
12. Last Gasp

Last edited:
The Christmas special tomorrow with the Countess Roza-Marie Leopoldnya Lubienska looks quite something.

I'm so excited for this!! I wish it was on tonight. Christmas TV has been appalling so far.

That was great - so many small things they did to make it as good as it was. That ending though - Lord above, send me some love.

The ending :D I never saw that coming at all....!!

But the dodgy sets, the ridiculous acting, the camera zooms, the 4:3 resolution... it was so so good.

Series 3 is apparently on its way to us as soon as next month!

1. A group of friends go out for tapas after a day of golfing; but tempers escalate when they can't agree on how to settle the bill.
2. After finding a lost shoe in the street, a man becomes fixated on trying to trace its owner.
3. A professor at the University of Cambridge attempts to teach a student how to solve a cryptic crossword.
4. At a karaoke party to celebrate a colleague's promotion, a group of office workers decide to express their feelings through their choice of songs.
5. A group of strangers are invited to attend a private exhibition at an art gallery, but none of them knows why they were invited.

This was great as always - the first 20 minutes was OK, the last 10 minutes were excellent!

I resent the idea that people who set crosswords for Cambridge student papers are sexually frustrated psycopaths.

They are brilliantly clever, that latest crossword episode was very intricate. Preferred the first one with Philip Glenister though, fab twist.

Didn't really like the Karaoke one very much. But it was a nice change from the relentless darkness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom