Hozier - Too Sweet

POP!

Let the light in
This has randomly exploded on Spotify. Don't think anything by him has ignited since "Take Me to Church".

"Too Sweet" sounds like it will be a hit. "Wildflower and Barley" is lovely too

Spotify Global Total: 9,922,621
#10 Too Sweet 4,867,709
#80 Wildflower and Barley 2,00,2281
#110 Empire Now 1,671,735
#176 Fare Well 1,380,896

US Spotify: 6,828,246
#2 Too Sweet - 3,342,384
#16 Wildflower and Barley - 1,396,697
#26 Empire Now - 1,144,801
#35 Fare Well - 944,364

How random indeed. Too Sweet is very good but there was also some strong stuff on the last album too.

I think it’s gonna be number 1 soon. I like it but I probably won’t choose to listen to it

Up to number 4 in the US this week and apparently it’s in contention for number 1 next week. It would be the first Irish number one hit since Sinead O'Connor

I've been meaning to ask Moopy why this has suddenly exploded everywhere. After the big debut years ago he seemed to have settle into middling success soft rock territory, like so many others. This is a swerve.

The Alison Russell duet is lovely.

I'm BOPPING. What a comeback but, was it organic or did it go viral? Charts are so confusing these days.

Can confirm it is a TikTok trend. Had no idea it was Hozier though.

Need the country trend to be a flash in the pan though - there is only so many references to whisky and various other mainstays of Americana that I can tolerate in one 90 minute top 40 show.

Tiktok can be organic. In this case I don’t even think it was intended to be the single

Tiktok can be organic
right! the very reason tiktok is so impactful and can't be planned as a promo method is that it is organic! songs catch on and labels by and large can't control or influence it.

Reactions: RJN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom