Harry Styles - Harry's House (May 20th)

I haven't played the album yet but from the selections on the various NMF playlists I really like Late Night Talking (very early eighties yacht inspired) and Satellite. Not so taken with Boyfriends.

He has the entire top 13 (the whole album) on Uk and US Spotify

I was expecting higher figures but still good
Yes, I was underwhelmed at first. But it excludes streaming and he's got the top 13 on Spotify, so that's going to be very strong.

As It Was has been #1 for 7 weeks, but was only #1 on sales for 3. Streaming is where his power lies.

It's projected to do blockbuster opening numbers in America:

hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=331553&title=NEW-RELEASES%253A-HOUSE-PARTY

Columbia's Harry Styles will dethrone the year's biggest debut, as Harry's House is on pace for a blockbuster #1 bow. Styles' set is projected to open in the 450k-500k range. On the global stage, the Harry's House racked up 98m streams on Spotify in its first 24 hours, with lead single "As It Was" leading all platforms. The Sony superstar also kicked off Apple Music's launch of Apple Music Live on Friday night with a concert from Belmont Park.

Unclear what is pure sales vs streaming (does that matter anymore?) but regardless v impressive.

For comparison:

Fine Line - 478,000 units (393,000 pure sales)
Harry Styles - 230,000 units (193,000 pure sales)

It's not quite Fine Line levels for me yet but I can see it overtaking in the future.

When he goes '1 - 2' he's homaging MEDELLIN bien Sur

Streaming
Equivalent

Something

Anyway it's streaming figures

What is TEA though? Sometimes I see that too

TEA means track equivalent albums. TEA is calculated by adding up all of the song sales from an album and dividing by 10. Thus, 10 song downloads from the same album is equivalent to 1 album unit.

SEA means streaming equivalent albums. SEA is calculated by adding up all of the audio song streams from an album. Premium streaming totals are divided by 1,250 and free streaming totals are divided by 3,750. Thus, 1,250 premium streams or 3,750 free streams from the same album is equivalent to 1 album unit.

Monday mids

1 Harry Styles - Harry's House (61,430) [42,063 physicals, 16,408 streaming, 2,959 downloads] *

Satellite must be a single soon.
It’s on repeat currently.

I’m in an LA mood
I don’t want to talk to you

The nonchalance of that stacked against the desperation of the chorus/final climax is really something. 10/10.

The rest of the album is taking longer to grow on me than Fine Line, but I’m still enjoying it.

It's projected to do blockbuster opening numbers in America:

hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=331553&title=NEW-RELEASES%253A-HOUSE-PARTY

Unclear what is pure sales vs streaming (does that matter anymore?) but regardless v impressive.

For comparison:

Fine Line - 478,000 units (393,000 pure sales)
Harry Styles - 230,000 units (193,000 pure sales)
It’s trending UP - now projected to do 500k units (305k pure sales). Fine Line is also projected to come in at #14 with 14.5k units - not bad for a three year old album.

Surely Daydreaming, Sushi and Matilda have to become singles at some point. Breezy and relistenable don't even begin to COVER IT!

Last edited:
It's sold 146k vinyl copies in three days in the US :shock:

Harry Styles’ ‘Harry’s House’ Breaks Modern-Era U.S. Vinyl Sales Record
According to initial reports, the LP sets a new record for the largest sales week for a vinyl album in the U.S. since Luminate began tracking music sales in 1991.

BY KEITH CAULFIELD

After only three days on sale, Harry Styles’ third solo album, Harry’s House, has broken the modern-era record for the largest sales week for a vinyl album in the U.S.

The vinyl edition of the album, released on May 20, has sold over 146,000 copies in the U.S. through May 22, according to initial reports to Luminate. That beats the previous single-week sales record, set by the debut week of Taylor Swift’s Red (Taylor’s Version), when it sold 114,000 vinyl copies in the week ending Nov. 18, 2021.

It’s assumed that the first-week vinyl sales of Harry’s House will grow in the coming days, as the tracking week ends on Thursday, May 26. The set’s final sales number is expected to be announced on Sunday, May 29 – along with its expected robust debut on the multi-metric Billboard 200 albums chart. If Harry’s House debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, it will mark Styles’ third straight leader – the entirety of his solo albums.

Harry’s House is available in a number of vinyl variants, including a standard black vinyl pressing, a Target-exclusive yellow-colored vinyl and a sea glass green-colored edition exclusively sold through Styles’ webstore.

The stellar vinyl sales for Harry’s House shouldn’t be surprising, as his first two albums have been strong sellers on vinyl. His last album, 2019’s Fine Line, has sold 586,000 copies on vinyl in the U.S. (47% of its overall sales), and his self-titled 2017 debut has sold 263,000 on vinyl (36% of its total sales). Additionally, Fine Line was the top-seller on vinyl in 2020 in the U.S. and the No. 4-selling vinyl album of 2021.

Styles’ new record-breaking week with Harry’s House continues the epic comeback of the vinyl format. In 2021, for the first time since Luminate began tracking sales in 1991, vinyl albums outsold CD albums for the year – and vinyl became the leading format for album purchases overall in the U.S.: In 2021, one out of every three albums sold in the U.S. was vinyl. And, 2021 marked the 16th consecutive year of growth for the format.

Harry Styles' third solo album, Harry’s House, debuts at No.1 on the album chart, with first week consumption of 113,812 units.

Significantly more than the rest of the Top 20 combined, and more than 10 times the 10,838 sales that earn Ed Sheeran’s = a 3-2 advance, it is the first album to exceed 100K sales in a week since Adele’s 30 sold 102,261 copies on its second week at No.1 25 weeks ago, and records the highest tally since the same Adele title debuted with sales of 261,856, 26 weeks ago. It instantly claims runners-up position on the year-to-date rankings behind = (196,898 sales).

Five vinyl editions of Harry’s House contribute a massive 36,041 sales - 31.67% of the total – to the album’s tally, which also includes 21,766 CDs, 6,878 cassettes, 3,739 digital downloads and 45,388 sales-equivalent streams. It is the highest weekly vinyl sale achieved by any album this century, easily surpassing the previous high of 29,891 set by ABBA’s Voyage on debut 28 weeks ago. Instantly becoming the 70th biggest-selling album on vinyl in the 21st century, Harry’s House nevertheless trails cumulative vinyl sales of 61,090 for Fine Line, and 38,925 for Harry Styles, which are 26th and 65th in the rankings. Incidentally, vinyl sales of Harry’s House are higher than any album has achieved across all formats in a week hitherto in 2022, surpassing the 31,187 copies Dance Fever sold for Florence + The Machine last week.

Styles’ second No.1 album as a solo artist – and sixth in total, including four as a member of One Direction – Harry’s House also delivers his best weekly sale as a solo artist surpassing the 56,630 copies his eponymous debut solo when it entered at No.1 in May 2017. Follow-up Fine Line sold 49,082 copies debuting at No.3 in December 2019, peaking at No.2 55 weeks later, on massively lower sales of 5,349. Albums by One Direction recorded sales in excess of 100,000 in a week seven times, with a top tally of 237,338 secured by their third album, Midnight Memories, on debut in November 2013.

--------------------------------------------------

Harry Styles reasserts himself in grand style, with As It Was increasing consumption 23.12% week-on-week to 80,725 units on its eight straight week at No.1 – the longest run since Ed Sheeran’s Bad Habits reigned for 11 weeks last summer/autumn – while Late Night Talking and Music For A Sushi Restaurant become the 13th and 14th hits of his solo career, opening at No.2 (52,214 sales) and No.3 (45,690 sales) respectively.

The surge in consumption of As It Was push it to seventh place in Styles’ personal best-sellers list, with consumption of 560,639 units, It jumps 11-6 on the year-to-date rankings.

Sheeran’s clean sweep of the top three (and nine tracks in the Top 10) in 2017 ultimately triggered a change in chart regulations, resulting in primary artists being allowed only three tracks in the Top 75. Were it not in existence, all 13 tracks from Styles’ album would be in the Top 17 this week. Instead, 10 of them are ‘starred-out’, these being Matilda (42,881 sales), Little Freak (36,736 sales), Grapejuice (35,160 sales), Daylight (34,450 sales), Cinema (31,135 sales), Satellite (30,261 sales), Keep Driving (29,937 sales), Daydreaming (29,779 sales), Love Of My Life (28,941 sales) and Boyfriends (26,188 sales).

Sales courtesy of Music Week

"Daylight" is another grower / no-brainer single to me. It has a video now, too.

The Late Late Show with James Corden presents the music video for Harry Styles "Daylight" from his new album "Harry's House" shot in three hours for $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom