Halston (Ewan McGregor, gays and cocaine)

he's only tangentially involved @Phoenix beb! essentially a producer credit, not written/directed or created by him. it doesn't feel like a Ryan Murphy show.

This is really enjoyable fluff- three episodes in and loving it so far.

Plus it’s made me pull out my Four Seasons of Love vinyl and whack the full length Spring Affair on and I’ve just spent the whole time cutting a rug to it with GAY ABANDON, so that can’t be a bad thing :disco:

@Jark if you like period New York shit did you ever watch The Deuce? For me that's the best modern period show ever made. It was an absolute tragedy it never crossed over into a hit.

It's fine, but it's a bit samey, isn't it? Great gowns, beautiful gowns and lots of famous actors, but there's not much happening - he designs something, it's a big success, his fashion falls out of favour, he does drugs, he has sex, he falls out with someone, he designs something, it's a big success, his fashion falls out of favour, rinse and repeat...

I have one episode to go and am really enjoying it. ep 4, with his coke fuelled descent, was a tough watch though.

and hooray for a Netflix show that's actually the perfect length and doesn't have 4 filler episodes in the middle.

Victor, please do leave.

I'm on episode 3. Liza is a tad underwhelming, but overall it's fine. Va bene.

Faye Dunnaway should have played perfume therapist lady.

Well the jockstrap oxygen mask, we've all been there. A cure for asthma for sure.

I thought dead airvent lady was supposed to be Bette Midler.

That's not the worst of it. She was wearing Calvin Klein.

Oh wow, I've got to get into the Cocteau Twins. That song just crashed a wave into my heart.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed this in the end- not least because of that SPRING AFFAIR scene making me reach for my Donna Summer collection which I've been hammering ever since :disco:

For those interested, there's a documentary on Halston from a couple of years ago on Amazon Prime Video. It was critically really well reviewed- going to watch tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom