George Logan (Dr Evadne Hinge) DEAD

Over the years whenever I've heard or seen the names "Hinge and Bracket" I've just silently thought "yes, the grave robbers". Today's news has made me realise that's Burke and Hare and I'd got my wires crossed.

I've therefore just spent the loveliest time on YouTube becoming acquainted with the actual Hinge and Bracket. Really delightful, and perfect for a Sunday night. RIP Dr Evadne.

Christ they don't make telly like this any more (especially from the 6m15s mark) FOR SHAME

I found it absolutely BIZARRE that either of them was still alive, let alone only 78!

I found it absolutely BIZARRE that either of them was still alive, let alone only 78!

I know - I had completely forgotten that the other one was dead and would have assumed them both much older.

Over the years whenever I've heard or seen the names "Hinge and Bracket" I've just silently thought "yes, the grave robbers". Today's news has made me realise that's Burke and Hare and I'd got my wires crossed.

I've therefore just spent the loveliest time on YouTube becoming acquainted with the actual Hinge and Bracket. Really delightful, and perfect for a Sunday night. RIP Dr Evadne.

Meanwhile Burke and Hare are also finally getting acquainted with poor Hinge and Bracket :(

Lads I'm becoming lowkey obsessed with Hinge and Bracket. They're just so charming and old school quaint.

This song and dance routine deserves to go viral on TikTok:

I was DELIGHTED to discover that iPlayer have added an episode of Dear Ladies, Hinge and Bracket's sitcom from the early 80s, this past week following a repeat on BBC Four

It is, ultimately, dog shit - with paper thin writing and barely a laugh to be had - but Hinge and Bracket themselves were v watchable. And I'd probs watch more if the BBC add them.

In a surprising twist the end credits revealed that the script was in fact written by jumper-wearing, dictionary-bothering, definite-heterosexual tory scum GYLES BRANDRETH, rather than Hinge and/or Bracket themselves

Also where is the poster @Mike(y) W ? I hope not dead or in prison. They have a Hinge avatar, so between us there would surely be enough for a MOOPY HINGE AND BRACKET FORUM to really bring the punters in and do great numbers.

I feel like I've mentioned it before, but back in the old days when I first got on Grindr I had a few dalliances with a man who would put on his DVDs of Dear Ladies to relax afterwards :o I would agree with your assessment that it wasn't very funny but THEY were very good/watchable.

I feel like I've mentioned it before, but back in the old days when I first got on Grindr I had a few dalliances with a man who would put on his DVDs of Dear Ladies to relax afterwards :o I would agree with your assessment that it wasn't very funny but THEY were very good/watchable.
To relax? What the hell did you do to him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom