Estonia legalizes same-sex marriage

Screen Shot 2024-02-24 at 5.33.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-02-24 at 5.33.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-02-24 at 5.34.29 PM.png

Map nerds? 🤓

I realise I could just Wikipedia it, but is gay marriage a state by state federal law? I assume yes?
It was a state by state law until 2015, when it was legalized nationally by the Supreme Court

This is fascinating:

A 2019 poll conducted by YouGov revealed that 70% of British people agreed that same-sex marriage should be legalised in Northern Ireland (up from 65% in 2018), including 55% of those living in Northern Ireland. Among Conservative voters, 62% (up from 54% in 2018) expressed support for the introduction of same-sex marriage in Northern Ireland. 81% of "Remain" voters said they supported same-sex marriage, compared to 60% of "Leave" voters (this was at a time when in the aftermath of the 2016 EU referendum the issue of Brexit dominated British politics). In Northern Ireland itself, 72% of women supported same-sex marriage, compared to 40% of men.[109][110][111]

Oh :MilesPanic: it's like one of those scary America's Going Backwards Laws post-Trump except it's pre-Trump, yikes
well states being able to make their own laws isn't always a bad thing. It's why certain states can pass things like trans protections, higher minimum wages, and legal marijuana before there is the will to pass them federally

well states being able to make their own laws isn't always a bad thing. It's why certain states can pass things like trans protections, higher minimum wages, and legal marijuana before there is the will to pass them federally
Oh I don't disagree with states making their own laws! I disagree with states making shit laws.

• Love
Reactions: RJN
Apparently we peaked in 2019 with 85% and that's down to 78% last year.
Does this feel right? The 71% for America feels right to me (pretty much universally accepted among non-Evangelics who aren’t elderly)

Does this feel right? The 71% for America feels right to me (pretty much universally accepted among non-Evangelics who aren’t elderly)
Yeah pretty much. I'm not remotely surprised it's gone down.

Why is it going down?
Well it could be something as simple as polling method. I mean with +/- 3% margin of error they're pretty close.

But the anti-woke movement has moved in some nasty ways. Basically you don't HAVE TO LIKE gays anymore.

Love Estonia claiming this worldwide discussion of gay marriage on moopy, SUPPORT it staying
There's a lot in the prop 8 thread (crazy that was so recent in California, and now gay marriage has popular support in Arkansas)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom