Demi Lovato - Heart Attack

IF I EVER DID THAT...

• Total voters
Kudos to whatever producer decided to randomly drop the autotune for that amazing 20 seconds on Give Your Heart a Break, which I genuinely believe to be among the most gorgeous moments in modern-ish pop.

"Cause you've been HURT BEFORE
I can see it IN YOUR EYES
You try to smile it away
Some things you can't disguise"

Kudos to whatever producer decided to randomly drop the autotune for that amazing 20 seconds on Give Your Heart a Break, which I genuinely believe to be among the most gorgeous moments in modern-ish pop.

"Cause you've been HURT BEFORE
I can see it IN YOUR EYES
You try to smile it away
Some things you can't disguise"

Yes!! Such a gorgeous moment and honestly a really solid pop song

Demi Lovato is very hit and miss, but when she hits she hits (cool for the summer, give your heart a break, solo)

Those three are all 10/10 - and let's not forget this max deep cut!:

I'm gonna give it like it's never been TAKEN
I'm gonna fall like I don't need SAVIN!
TONIGHT TONIGHT
I'm letting GO!

Reactions: GNL
My favorite Demi deep cut is Ruin the Friendship from Tell Me You Love Me.

What song is this thread about :D

Hear Attack was a surprise hit for me as was all of that Semi album. She's gone too much down the road of chasing a 'hit' since then and lost me a bit. I'm sure she's devo'd.

Heart Attack is a bit TOO "look how loud I can sing!" when demi doesn't really have the chops to back it up, but it's empowering enough. I preferred the big old flop follow up "Made in the USA"

this song was SO IRRESPONSIBLE! Heart attacks are not sexy, and quite frequently happen to parents, so WHY would you release a song about one?

ANYWAY Slut me UP for this underperforming pre-heroin MOMENT!

I’m still as 100% obsessed with this as I was the first time I heard it, unlike heroin, repeated use has not reduced it’s potency.

Is this not blatantly about Nick Jonas? I love it though and its carbon copy on the same album "HITCHHIKER"

Hitchhiker also has the exact same background as Concentrate

Maybe the theme of the album is songs that are all about Nick and also sound exactly the same
What song is this thread about :D
"

ALL of them. Heart Attack is fine, but the noise her voice is modified to make about 7 seconds in is painful

Ruin the Friendship, Concentrate, Hitchhiker and Tell Me You Love Me were all shades of brilliant. Hitchhiker especially. She made strides on that album. Shame it's all come undone since.

She has gone downhill since in general, but Sober was so personal and emotive and I Love Me was fun enough

Demi Lovato is very hit and miss, but when she hits she hits (cool for the summer, give your heart a break, solo)

but its' been so long, I don't get it :( though apparently, I Love Me did very well? and then, It's OK not to be OK just felt like it came and went with no trace despite having Marshmello as a performer which usually helps a song do well.

Reactions: RJN
I Love Me did pretty well I'd say (number 18 US). The one with Marshmallo was just BORING (like most of his songs)

I Love Me didn't do that well. It only just hit 100m streams months later, definitely not the hit they wanted to launch a campaign with.

I just don't really miss her when she's gone. I feel like there have been fleeting moments she's threatened to show some artistic development or claim some meaningful place on the pop scene, but it never lasts. I don't think she has GOOD TASTE, she thinks shrieking equates to emotion or a great voice, and her personality seems pretty defensive and entitled.

thesis working title: 'The World Has Moved Past the Need for Demi Lovato; Time to Give Poot a Shot'

I preferred the big old flop follow up "Made in the USA"
oh I do LOVE this song. it was actually my Demi go-to for many years, until I switched back to stanning Selena instead.

Well Selena is 100 times better than Demi. Maybe not as a singer, but her music

If I had to rank... (music only)

1. Selena
2. Miley
3. Hillary Duff
4. Demi

She's an incredibly irrelevant pop star. Her career could end tomorrow and she would've made absolutely no difference.

I don’t like Aguilera I’m the slightest but Selena and Demi really hold no candle whatsoever to Britney and Christina.

Both have a smattering of decent tracks, but what rubbish popstars.

Personally, I preferred her when she was a Kelly Clarkson understudy.

The way her entire career has been spent transparently chasing the latest sound and she still hasn't managed to have a major hit :(

you're actually missing QUEENS Lindsay and Ashlee Simpson

I'll redo

1. Selena
2. Miley
3. Hillary Duff
4. Demi
5. Jessica Simpson
6. Lindsay Lohan (mostly for "Confessions of a Broken Heart")
7. Ashlee Simpson

Although each has at least one song I love

I mean I'm happy for her that she still had stans. But it's like what's the point of hopping in a sinking ship?

I'll redo

:D dead at Jessica simpson

Let's get one thing straight @KindaCool , Demi's career will keep on floating like a fresh turd on a toilet because the girl can SING and the gp likes that. She'll carry on being invited to feature in tributes of dead singers in many award shows until the end of times.

Reactions: GNL
Let's get one thing straight @KindaCool , Demi's career will keep on floating like a fresh turd on a toilet because the girl can SING and the gp likes that. She'll carry on being invited to feature in tributes of dead singers in many award shows until the end of times.

Ok, but I'm gonna get her an interview at my local copy center just in case none of that works out x

I got in a shared taxi the day after Demi’s INCIDENT a few years ago, and a morbidly obese man from Birmingham was already in the car. His opening SMALL TALK gambit was “I’m gonna get absolutely Demi Lovatoed tonight”

I felt this turn of phrase really was TOO SOON!

In other news, the set for this performance of screamathon SkyScraper really was a BATSHIT choice :D

My favourite Demi Lovato incident was when she was possibly outed as being the person behind a Selena Gomez HATE ACCOUNT that was followed by a bunch of her friends.

My favourite Demi Lovato incident was when she was possibly outed as being the person behind a Selena Gomez HATE ACCOUNT that was followed by a bunch of her friends.

Is this TRUE? If so thats the best thing I've ever heard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom