ButterTart's 100 Greatest Melodifestivalen Songs - 2002 to 2024

27. Alcazar - Stay the Night (2009)

Finalist - 5th place

“LOL at Tess' and Linas voices.”
Lars, 07/02/2009

Oh, here they come. Sweden’s horniest throuple have been conspicuous by their absence from this rate up to now so it’s about time they showed their faces.

Even in a year as stacked as 2009, Alcazar (AKA H, Lisa and other Lisa) staked a very credible claim for the win with ‘Stay the Night’. I think it may actually be the gayest thing to ever happen on a Melodifestivalen stage, which is quite the bar for them to clear. It’s a shameless, brazen, bawdy pop stomper which is legally required to appear on any ‘best of Melfest’ list made by anyone ever.

It's actually OBSCENE how good ‘Stay the Night’ is. I feel like Alcazar’s other entries have fingered the rim of greatness but it was here that they truly achieved it. Right from the opening bell it just doesn’t let up, thundering through breathless verses and a banger chorus and not sagging for even a moment. H minces and flails like he’s on a promise from the girls if he nails the choreography first time while Lisa and other Lisa miss notes with joyful aplomb. Even the lyrics contribute to this sense of urgency; the song is about Alcazar haranguing some poor bloke with reasons why he shouldn’t go home to his wife and family. It’s basically ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ in a fisting sling.

And then there’s that key change. Oh Lord Jesus there’s a fire :disco: It’s up there with ‘Det rår vi inte för’, which could only ever be a compliment in the context of this rate. It’s actually BLISTERING; I love the little ‘oooh’ they bung in beforehand – I appreciate the sense of occasion in giving something THAT FUCKING GOOD a prelude to allow us chance to gird our loins for its arrival.

Whether as a group or individually, ‘Stay the Night’ is the finest achievement of this iteration of Alcazar. It’s riotous, thumping and brutally camp – it’s as if Section 28 was drafted specifically to prevent it from ever happening. I don’t know if any of them can be arsed to make a comeback to the contest but I feel like there should be an open call to appoint their successors. Melodifestivalen needs something like this every year.

26. Elysion - Golden Star (2006)

AC – 5th place

“The Elysion song is probably the worst thing I've ever heard in Melodifestivalen”
@Suomi, 04/03/2006

By my own admission I have NO IDEA why I’m so obsessed with ‘Golden Star’, but this isn’t the first time I’ve evangelised about it on the Mopsy. I mean, 2006 was LONG before my time so this should surely have been consigned to history well before I ever had a chance to get my hands on it. Even so, it’s occupied the upper echelons of my all-time favourites list pretty much since the first moment I heard it.

Operatic Regency banger isn’t a genre overflowing with representatives at Melodifestivalen, so maybe it’s the uniqueness of it all that I’m so entranced by. It helps that the vocals are EXCEPTIONAL both on the studio version and in the live performance. The Celine Dion-looking one absolutely nails it from the moment she descends from the Heavens on an ornamental swing (with that sentence my reasons for loving this just became less oblique). Him with the painted-on goatee also knocks it out of the park, although I’d be remiss not to mention the Barney Gumble quality to his voice.

Staging-wise, the am-dram aesthetic and mincing around the maypole lend themselves well to the dreamy, musical theatre stylings of the song. I will, however, say that I’ve always had in my head some alternative staging which I think would have seen ‘Golden Star’ comfortably into the final. It’s too complex to describe in detail here but if I say ‘clockwork royal family on rails’ I hope you’ll pick up at least some of what I’m putting down.

Golden Star is such a lovely, bright, breezy and downright BIZARRE song; I’m as happy listening to it in studio form as I am watching the performance. We all know that I value basic slaggotry, defiantly unsubtle choruses and reductive guitar riffs so for this to have slipped through the net makes it an anomaly I love all the more. It shouldn’t work and, let’s face it, everybody reading this thinks it doesn’t, but it will always be there, front and centre, whenever I think of the Melodifestivalen songs which bring me the most unqualified joy.

25. Magnus Carlson - Möt mig i Gamla Stan (2015)

Finalist – 9th place

“The untucked shirt is a shit look and the moves look like he was rehearsing.”
@GinAg (39), 15/02/2015

Our Magnus is a simple man. All he asks is to be motted up the Gamla Stan every once in a while and he’s as happy as a clam.

Popular opinion seems to favour ‘Live Forever’ as his most iconic Melodifestivalen entry, but as far as I’m concerned ‘Möt mig i Gamla Stan’ is his Magnus Opus. The first words I wrote in my notes for this write-up were ‘SCHLAGER LIVES’ which, for a song released nine years ago, may not be the most relevant headline to go with. Still, schlager was at least taken off life support when Magnus headed to the stage in a state of undress to unleash this absolute monster.

From the disco strings in the intro onwards, you’re primed for what to expect here and Magnus over-delivers in every conceivable way. This is pure schlager but with the twist of the singer having a cock; the chorus is absolute bliss and the key change is a glorious slap in the tits which kicks an already thrilling song into an even higher gear.

Magnus fully deserves his flowers for his performance, too. That choreography is pretty full-on but he demolishes it while serving up a far stronger vocal than I’d have reasonably expected from a middle-aged man being asked to interpret each fucking syllable through dance. He even manages to inject a healthy dose of camp while keeping the whole thing surprisingly mature and credible. He went DTF with this and he was absolutely within his rights to do so.

Magnus has a reputation as a bit of an incorrigible poon hound – the look he gives those lovely dancers at 1:30 in the video above tells you they’ll all three be bare-arsed in his dressing room before the next song even starts - so I’m delighted to announce that he’s now going steady with Linda Bengtzing, the couple having formally announced their courtship via a sexually charged duet album last year.

As a bit of pointlessly twee trivia, I play this whenever I go to Gamla Stan in real life; it’s a song that’s become an integral part of my experience whenever I go to Sweden. I honestly believe Möt mig i Gamla Stan, not Live Forever, should be regarded as the most indelible mark Magnus ever left on the contest.

SCHLAGER LIVES!

24. Danny Saucedo - In the Club (2011)

Finalist – 2nd place

“I too prefer just about anything on the Saucedo's debut album to that premature ejaculation of a 'song'”
Man in a Hamster Wheel, 05/02/2011

I’m sorry but :disco:

D-Sauce seems to have taken his repeated inability to reach Eurovision to heart, doesn’t he? Subtle clues like screaming tantrums and members of Loreen’s extended family naturally dying of sudden-onset multiple stab wounds have led me to the conclusion that Danny feels somewhat aggrieved at forever being the bridesmaid. I don’t want to kick him while he’s down but as far as I’m concerned he hasn’t deserved to get anywhere close to the win with anything other than In the Club.

This is Melodifestivalen’s dalliance with EDM perfected. Thirteen years on and ‘In the Club’ is STILL the benchmark for how it’s done. The lyrics are cliché at best, cringy at worst (and soz, but ‘I put my favourite song on repeat’ would have worked far better than the clunky fuckery of ‘put on my favourite song on repeat’), but that’s just the early-2010s for you.

The song itself is undeniable; I was going to wax lyrical about the banger chorus before I realised there really isn’t one – it’s just the same three words repeated over and again – but that doesn’t lessen the overall impact AT ALL. This could easily have taken the path of least resistance and still qualified, but the build to the final chorus is just a superfluous cherry on the cake – this turns into an absolute BARNSTORMER before it bows out; the spoken word bit into the long note is expertly done – this is slickly crafted dance pop which understands the brief and gives far more than it needed to. Danny is also a cracking performer, oozing with charisma and wearing a smug smirk which actually lends itself well to the song. ‘In the Club’ is about going out on the lash and swimming in fanny, after all; why shouldn’t he look a bit cocky?

If I was to be uncharitable, I’d say Danny has spent the last thirteen years trying to chase the organic high he achieved with his solo debut. Amazing just isn’t that good, Dandi Dansa is an atrocity and Happy That You Found Me, while excellent, is a decade too late. I think the moment may have passed for Dandi Dan, but he achieved something spectacular on his first go that will surely be enshrined as a true classic of the contest.

BRB, just off to put on my favourite song on repeat.

23. Linda Bengtzing - E det fel på mej (2011)

Finalist – 7th place

“It really is a very DULL performance, she's barely even moving.”
@Samuel. 26/02/2011

Something something something something something some-something INGOLDMELLS :disco:

Well, it feels like just YESTERDAY I was writing about this old sort and here she is again. This is one of my more recent Linda discoveries – I always liked it but it’s only been in the last few months that it’s leapt into her top tier.

E det fel på mej marks the nexus where the schlager lout early Linda and the demented ‘pick me’ bops of latter day Linda converge, and it really is the best of both worlds. There’s a noticeably more dancey quality to ‘E det fel på mej’, while still coming complete with a chorus and key change that are PURE schlager. This is also the quintessential Linda look for me – the sort of thing Trini would wear to the prom which still wouldn’t clue the cretins of Angel Grove in to the fact she’s the yellow Power Ranger.

For my money, Linda has never sounded better than she does here. Her delivery of that chorus is spot on, and WHAT a chorus it is; she distils all the best parts of her previous entries into one ebullient package – it’s Linda at her most triumphant, a last nod to the glory days before the marked shift of Ta mig. This deserved to go DTF and I’m glad she defied all expectation in doing so. As a song, as a performance, as an overall package it just WORKS. I've already spoken twice about Linda's stage presence so I don't need to retread that ground other than by saying she's a very underrated performer.

I’ve heard tell that ‘E det fel på mej’ blotted Linda’s copybook for Christer, stealing the spot in the final he’d already reserved for Love Generation. After this, he started doing his best to tank her every subsequent entry. I don’t know if this is true but I’m taking it as gospel since there’s no other conceivable reason for the sudden decline in fortunes of a desperate middle aged woman that Sweden doesn’t particularly like.

E det fel på mej and Ta mig were something of an imperial run as far as I’m concerned. Neither of these songs seem to be counted among her very best but they excite me in ways very few of her other efforts manage. Is this the last we’ll see of Linda in this rate? Who knows! But she’s bagged three spots so far, two of which are within the top 30, so I wouldn’t say she’s done too badly out of me either way.

24. Danny Saucedo - In the Club (2011)

Finalist – 2nd place

“I too prefer just about anything on the Saucedo's debut album to that premature ejaculation of a 'song'”
Man in a Hamster Wheel, 05/02/2011

I’m sorry but :disco:

D-Sauce seems to have taken his repeated inability to reach Eurovision to heart, doesn’t he? Subtle clues like screaming tantrums and members of Loreen’s extended family naturally dying of sudden-onset multiple stab wounds have led me to the conclusion that Danny feels somewhat aggrieved at forever being the bridesmaid. I don’t want to kick him while he’s down but as far as I’m concerned he hasn’t deserved to get anywhere close to the win with anything other than In the Club.

This is Melodifestivalen’s dalliance with EDM perfected. Thirteen years on and ‘In the Club’ is STILL the benchmark for how it’s done. The lyrics are cliché at best, cringy at worst (and soz, but ‘I put my favourite song on repeat’ would have worked far better than the clunky fuckery of ‘put on my favourite song on repeat’), but that’s just the early-2010s for you.

The song itself is undeniable; I was going to wax lyrical about the banger chorus before I realised there really isn’t one – it’s just the same three words repeated over and again – but that doesn’t lessen the overall impact AT ALL. This could easily have taken the path of least resistance and still qualified, but the build to the final chorus is just a superfluous cherry on the cake – this turns into an absolute BARNSTORMER before it bows out; the spoken word bit into the long note is expertly done – this is slickly crafted dance pop which understands the brief and gives far more than it needed to. Danny is also a cracking performer, oozing with charisma and wearing a smug smirk which actually lends itself well to the song. ‘In the Club’ is about going out on the lash and swimming in fanny, after all; why shouldn’t he look a bit cocky?

If I was to be uncharitable, I’d say Danny has spent the last thirteen years trying to chase the organic high he achieved with his solo debut. Amazing just isn’t that good, Dandi Dansa is an atrocity and Happy That You Found Me, while excellent, is a decade too late. I think the moment may have passed for Dandi Dan, but he achieved something spectacular on his first go that will surely be enshrined as a true classic of the contest.

BRB, just off to put on my favourite song on repeat.

This is probably in my top ten worst ever - it makes me so embarrassed I never want to lay on the floor again. Around this time I used to have a party trick whereby I would sing an acoustic ballad version of this song to highlight how terrible it is.

I like the heat version because of the little squeak she does when she sings ‘upp och ner’

Although the best version is the reprise after she wins the heat where she’s so overjoyed she completely falls apart, gives up on singing the song and just wanders around the stage shouting about how happy she is, while an offstage Christer Björkman silently vows to never let her within 100km of a direkt till finalen situation ever again. :(

while an offstage Christer Björkman silently vows to never let her within 100km of a direkt till finalen situation ever again.
So this was true then? Did Christer actually turn against her because of Love Generation? Why not target Nicke Borg, he's the shit one!

The Finalen version also has the excitable backing singer, who makes much more of her big box shot.

Going back a couple of spots and averting my gaze from Saucedo, I have to say Gamla Stan shits all over Live Forever.

So this was true then? Did Christer actually turn against her because of Love Generation? Why not target Nicke Borg, he's the shit one!
No it’s not true he turned on her :D - she would not have gone on to have FOUR more appearances if he hated her. He loves her - look at his reaction to her turning up at this a few months after Melfest 2011:

(6:18 but the whole thing is worth many a watch :disco: )

Christer might have affection for Linda, but his true passion lies with the contest. Him seething at Love Generation not making the finals is understandable, as it likely set the contest back by 4-5 years. Bengtzing was never destined to be a chart-topper, nor could she lend credibility to that caliber of songwriters.

He loves her but thinks she's a bit of a joke (and in our heart of hearts, can we REALLY say he's wrong :D)

No it’s not true he turned on her :D - she would not have gone on to have FOUR more appearances if he hated her. He loves her - look at his reaction to her turning up at this a few months after Melfest 2011:

(6:18 but the whole thing is worth many a watch :disco: )

I've seen this video before but I'd forgotten how ROUGH that Love Generation performance was. Cheers for posting, I've not seen it in ages :disco:

22. Marcus & Martinus – Air (2023)

Finalist - ROBBED

“This has 22 televoting points (at Eurovision) written all over it”
@Kratz, 18/02/2023

Okay, so you might cry recency bias for this one but I don’t think there’s any denying that Air is a fucking INCREDIBLE song. It actually frustrates me that this and ‘Six Feet Under’ were sacrificed to a year Loreen had stitched up from the moment she announced her participation.

I said in the Maria Sur thread that I’m excited for this lush, trance-inspired sound the contest seems to be going for with artists it cares about developing, and this little beaut was where the trend started.

Air is a masterpiece. I’m sorry to use such shocking words about a song performed by males but there we are. It’s lavish and flawlessly produced, it feels deep while still being very much a pop song, and it follows an unconventional structure which sets it apart from anything we’ve heard at the contest before. Yes, it leaves you with blue balls with the promise of a brutal drop which never materialises but that doesn’t detract – ‘Air’ laughs at your expectations and knows you’ll vote for it anyway.

I have NO idea which one is the cool one and which is the blousy one here, but I’d like to take a moment to say they’re both cracking little performers. Yes, the pitch of their voices makes them sound like a parody of the Gabrielle bit of ‘Perfect Day’ but the lads can properly sing. They can also dance, as well as emoting more than could be reasonably expected from child stars who are destined for substance issues in later life.

Air was a revelation for me last year. I had absolutely ZERO interest in these lads going into the contest as I just assumed they’d be fielding sadboi shite and I’m so thrilled to have been proved wrong. It felt like an instant classic from the moment it was performed and I’m glad the fans seem to have galvanised behind it. I’m also glad they’ve got their win because, as it stands, they’ve left us with a perfect one-two punch of amazing entries and I wouldn’t want them to have had to come back in a year’s time with something which might dilute the brand.

21. Krista Siegfrids - Snurra min jord (2017)

Heat 3 – 7th place

“I can't think of a greater insult a nation could give somebody than performing that well and finishing beneath that Jasmine Kara song.”
@Penelope, 19/02/2017

I remember the conversation around Snurra min jord back in 2017 being that it wasn’t a competitive entry in any way, and I feel like I have to grudgingly agree; Sweden just wasn’t ready for a song this intricate and unusual. It was never going to qualify despite shitting all over the majority of the 2017 field from a very great height.

If I’m honest, even I was surprised at how high I ended up placing this – it kept nudging further and further towards the top and I don’t think I could have justified putting it even a single place lower than this. I have absolutely RINSED this on Spotify over the past seven years – it must surely count among my most listened-to Melodifestivalen songs ever.

Snurra min jord is nothing less than STUNNING. It has a fascinating, complex and layered sound which gives it a maturity beyond the average Melodifestivalen pop effort. It has a banger chorus which I can only sufficiently describe as ‘different’ but in the best possible way, and builds to an amazing crescendo. There’s a sumptuous, velvety quality to the whole production – it feels a bit decadent like a big bar of Galaxy and every element fits together perfectly. Name me ten songs that have ever made better use of a xylophone. Go on, do it.

Performance-wise, Krista kicks the absolute tits off this. If your prevailing memory of her was the tepid lesbian kiss from ‘Marry Me’ which would have looked tame even in an early 90s Byker Grove episode, prepare to be significantly more whelmed by her here. Wearing her replica World Heavyweight Championship belt, she’s clearly ready to do battle and she nails choreography which includes a weird crab dance, fifteen different strut sequences and a slow-motion hair flick. Again, everything WORKS; your mileage may vary on the 70s variety show-tier Spirograph effect but for me it’s memorable and stuck in my head more than almost every other staging concept of 2017.

Poor Krista hasn’t been seen at the contest since this, the second of two consecutive failures to qualify. In both cases there’s an argument to be made that she was robbed, but in the case of Snurra min jord at least she can say that she delivered something truly unique which was just too complex in its brilliance to be appreciated by the masses.

83Uk1_.gif

Gravity has all the right pieces, sadly it's just a disjointed mess. Snurra min jord is too high, but still :disco:

What is Krista doing nowadays?

Quite improbably, we've reached the TOP TWENTY! Let's have a recap of everything so far, shall we?

21 Krista Siegfrids - Snurra Min Jord 2017
22 Marcus & Martinus - Air 2023
23 Linda Bengtzing - E det fel på mej 2011
24 Danny Saucedo - In the Club 2011
25 Magnus Carlson - Möt mig i Gamla Stan 2015
26 Elysion - Golden Star 2006
27 Alcazar - Stay the Night 2009
28 Lillasyster - Till Our Days Are Over 2022
29 Björn Ranelid feat. Sara Li - Mirakel 2012
30 Linda Bengtzing - Ta Mig 2014
31 Samir & Viktor - Shuffla 2018
32 Melody Club - The Hunter 2011
33 Sean Banan - Copacabanana 2013
34 Medina - In I dimman 2022
35 Wiktoria - As I Lay Me Down 2017
35 Loreen - Euphoria 2012
36 Behrang Miri ft. Victor Crone - Det rår vi inte för 2015
36 Lena Philipsson - Det Gör Ont 2004
37 Dilba - Try Again 2011
38 Charlotte Perrelli - Still Young 2021
39 Martin Stenmarck - När änglarna går hem 2014
40 Arvingarna - I Do 2019
41 Klara Hammarström - Run to the Hills 2022
42 H.E.A.T - 1000 Miles 2009
43 Arc North, Jon Henrik Fjällgren feat. Adam Woods - Where You Are 2023
43 Eric Saade - Popular 2011
44 SaRaha - Kizunguzungu 2016
45 Samir & Viktor - Bada Nakna 2016
46 De Vet Du - Road Trip 2017
47 Rickard Engfors feat. Katarina Fallholm - Ready For Me 2005
48 Shirley Clamp - Burning Alive 2014
49 Maria Sur - When I'm Gone 2024
50 Oscar Enestad - I Love It 2019
51 BWO - Lay Your Love On Me 2008
52 Oscar Zia - Human 2016
53 Mimi Werner - Songburning 2018
54 Elisa Lindström - Forever Yours 2024
54 Fame - Give Me Your Love 2003
55 Eric Saade - Sting 2015
56 Måns Zelmerlöw - Cara mia 2007
57 Isa - I Will Wait 2016
58 Tennessee Tears - Now I Know 2023
58 Malena Ernman - La Voix 2009
59 Jessica Andersson - Kalla nätter 2006
60 Drängarna - Piga och dräng 2020
60 Marcus & Martinus - Unforgettable 2024
61 Sanna Nielsen - Vågar du, vågar jag 2007
62 Kristin Amparo - I See You 2015
63 Panetoz - On My Way 2023
64 Medina - Que Sera 2024
65 Kamferdrops - Solen lever kvar hos dig 2018
66 Linda Bengtzing - Jag ljuger så bra 2006
67 Pagan Fury - Stormbringer 2019
68 Hanna Lindblad - Goosebumps 2012
69 Ralf Gyllenhammar - Bed on Fire 2013
70 Sarek - Genom eld och vatten 2003
71 Anniela - Elektrisk 2011
72 Roger Pontare - Himmel och hav 2017
73 Anton Ewald - Begging 2013
74 Smash Into Pieces - Heroes Are Calling 2024
75 Dolly Style - Hello Hi 2015
76 Theoz - Mer av dig 2023
77 Martin - Du och jag (i hela världen) 2002
78 Samir & Viktor - Groupie 2015
79 Arja Saijonmaa - Vad du än trodde så trodde du fel 2005
80 Mimi Oh - Det går för långsamt 2012
81 Molly Sandén - Why Am I Crying? 2012
82 Jan Malmsjö - Leva livet 2019
83 Erik Segerstedt & Toni Damli – Hello Goodbye 2013
83 Carola - Evighet 2006
84 Katrina and the Nameless - As If Tomorrow Will Never Come 2005
85 Dinah Nah - Make Me (La La La) 2015
86 Felicia Olsson - Break That Chain 2018
87 Sara Lumholdt – Enemy 2011
88 Shirley Clamp - Att älska dig 2005
89 Clara Klingenström Behöver inte dig idag 2021
90 Eden - Comfortable 2023
91 LIAMOO - Bluffin 2022
92 Jon Henrik Fjällgren - Jag är fri (Manne Leam Frijje) 2015
93 Molly Sandén - Youniverse 2016
94 Emil Henrohn - Mera mera mera 2023
95 Timoteij - Stormande Hav 2012
96 Petra Nielsen – Tango! Tango! 2004
96 The Mamas - Move 2020
97 Brandsta City Släckers – Kom Och Ta Mig 2002
98 Michael Feiner & Caisa - We're Still Kids 2013
99 B-Boys International feat. Paul M - One Step Closer 2005
100 Elecktra - Banne maj 2024
101 Martin Almgren – A Bitter Lullaby 2018
102 Eddie Razaz - Alibi 2013
103 Fröken Snusk - Unga & fria 2024
104 EMD - Baby Goodbye 2009
105 Kikki, Bettan & Lotta - Vem é dé du vill ha 2002
106 Sonya - Etymon 2006
107 Danny Saucedo - Happy That You Found Me 2024
108 Alvaro Estrella - Bailá Bailá 2021
109 Evan - Under Your Spell 2006
110 Lisa Miskovsky - Why Start a Fire? 2012

Songs in the top 110 by year:

2002: 3
2003: 2
2004: 2
2005: 5
2006: 6
2007: 2
2008: 1
2009: 4
2011: 7
2012: 7
2013: 6
2014: 3
2015: 8
2016: 5
2017: 4
2018: 5
2019: 4
2020: 2
2021: 3
2022: 4
2023: 7
2024: 8

I assume there's only one from the glorious 2008 because the top 20 will be packed full of them?

20. Jessica Andersson - Party Voice (2018)

Finalist – 11th place

“there's a reason you weren't asked to use your upper register too much in the past, Jessica.”
@Apoca, 17/02/2018

I’m just saying that if Edward Blom had sent this and called it Pastry Voice, maybe he’d have been the feelgood DTF of 2018.

‘Party Voice’ was Jessan’s return to the arena of slutpop after over a decade of trying to atone for flashing her ankles with a succession of diffident ballads. And WHAT a comeback it was :disco:

For the purpose of this rate, I’m going to cheerfully ignore the vocals in the verses and instead focus on what ‘Party Voice’ does well because there’s a LOT to love here. The verses are neither here nor there anyway because this is mostly chorus, which is the greatest gift any song can give me. It’s a schlager/disco/EDM banger about going out on the piss, so it’s designed to be a floorfiller – a function it serves magnificently. As I mentioned, it goes in heavy on the chorus which begins with a clap-along segment before going full on clack-out. The final chorus is a full on ‘punch the air’ moment and my only complaint is that it doesn’t last long enough, but what’s there is an absolute joy.

Jessica wisely opts for a baggy pant to ensure even the outline of her pins isn’t visible this time around, and she achieves a sort of work’s do aesthetic which pairs well with the lyrics. The vibe of the performance is very ‘Lambrini girls just want to have fun’, which I mean as a compliment; it’s accessible, relatable and kind of makes you want to pop down the local wine lodge for last orders. Jessica is clearly enjoying every minute, too, which helps with the relatability. Everything about 'Party Voice' felt CORRECT, which meant its qualification felt even sweeter - she worked her pert tits off here and fully deserved her moment.

Party Voice is a song I never skip, and that’s high praise from someone with ADHD and the boredom threshold of a three month old Labrador. It’s one that’s just synonymous with the contest for me and represents Melodifestivalen at its best and most triumphant. Had Jessan not gone DTF with it some of that lustre may well have been lost, but that’s entirely academic because SHE DID and, in the process, she gave me one of my all-time favourite feelgood Melodifestivalen stompers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom