Britney & Sam DIVORCING

According to the article, they had a huge fight over her supposedly cheating, he’s moved out and it’s “only a matter of time” until he files for divorce so not as IMMINENT as the headline sounds I suppose

I hope she made him sign a pre nup? Was she still in the throes of her conservatorship when they got married?

Found a list of TMZ stories that were proven to be categorically untrue:

🥴

Found a list of TMZ stories that were proven to be categorically untrue:

🥴
Actually there are a few HISTORICALLY it seems, but generally very reliable I would say

I hope she made him sign a pre nup? Was she still in the throes of her conservatorship when they got married?
She had just come out of it I think? The marriage happened very quick after she was emancipated.

Britney doesn't seem in a good place at all.

She had just come out of it I think? The marriage happened very quick after she was emancipated.

I had noticed that she doesn’t seem to be doing great. I don’t know the ins and outs of the whole conservatorship thing, but must ask does it now look like 100% freedom was the best move for her? Has her mental health deteriorated since she was emancipated?

I had noticed that she doesn’t seem to be doing great. I don’t know the ins and outs of the whole conservatorship thing, but must ask does it now look like 100% freedom was the best move for her? Has her mental health deteriorated since she was emancipated?
she's probably stopped taking her bipolar meds. she's been very vocal on ig about not wanting to see doctors or therapists of any kind and being forced to under the conservatorship.

she certainly doesn't seem good, but it's hard to say when all we get is her social videos and captions which have always been CUCKOO

Who knows, but there is definitely a sizeable number of people who are saying the same thing.

It feels pretty straightforward to me - she is mentally ill (diagnosis or not) but won’t engage in treatment for it due to losing all trust in mental health professionals because of the quacks that were dealing with her during her conservatorship. I don’t blame her given the experiences she has had but while this continues, we’ll never see her “well.”

I think the cheating stuff sounds like a load of bullshit (and honestly, if it is a lie on his part to try and secure a favourable divorce then there are a million different things that would be more convincing) but no doubt that living with someone in the above state would be really difficult.

It feels pretty straightforward to me - she is mentally ill (diagnosis or not) but won’t engage in treatment for it due to losing all trust in mental health professionals because of the quacks that were dealing with her during her conservatorship. I don’t blame her given the experiences she has had but while this continues, we’ll never see her “well.”

This is the bit I don’t really get. We only really know anything due to her crackers social media posts and they were unhinged both before the conservatorship ended, and currently. I don’t think it is as clear cut as that. Was she ever engaging in treatment with mental health professionals, and if she was did she ever take the meds provided? She hasn’t seemed “sane” to me since she was last officially in the spotlight and I am assuming at that point she was made to take mental health medication due to touring commitments when she HAD to be in ship shape health.

I don't think it helps that her most rabid fans either make the most ridiculous of assumptions or blindly cheer her on without knowing what is truly going on.

She even seems frustrated with them - given that she has disabled her Instagram comments.

She needs an extended break from social media for her own sake.

I love that her non- rabid fans are sat here making judgments without knowing what’s going on either…

I’m worried about her lack of support network. Who does she even have these days?
F3t_8-KagAAlQ_8

:(

It feels pretty straightforward to me - she is mentally ill (diagnosis or not) but won’t engage in treatment for it due to losing all trust in mental health professionals because of the quacks that were dealing with her during her conservatorship.

Exactly. Some of the stuff that came from those leaked conservatorship hearings about her being subjected to (physical) medical treatment against her will was pretty shocking. I think anyone would be fundamentally mistrusting of medical professionals after that, even if she now has the ability to choose who would provide her care. And it's evident that she does need it, even if there's a strong likelihood that the extent of the treatment she was forced to comply with during the conservatorship was abused.

This is the bit I don’t really get. We only really know anything due to her crackers social media posts and they were unhinged both before the conservatorship ended, and currently. I don’t think it is as clear cut as that. Was she ever engaging in treatment with mental health professionals, and if she was did she ever take the meds provided? She hasn’t seemed “sane” to me since she was last officially in the spotlight and I am assuming at that point she was made to take mental health medication due to touring commitments when she HAD to be in ship shape health.

Since the cancellation of the Domination residency in 2019 (i.e., the last time she was 'officially' in the spotlight), there's definitely been a significant deterioration. But that's also the time the conservatorship started to fall apart when her father became unwell and serious questions started to be asked about why it was even still in place. From that point, I think her Instagram was used strategically to create the impression that she had more freedom than she did, while also appearing demented enough to reinforce why a conservatorship was still needed.

I'm not sure where she goes from here. A conservatorship that exists with a business interest to maintain the "Britney Spears" brand is absolutely not the answer and never should have been. But to carry on as things are...she still seems so isolated. There are reams of celebrities who have nothing but nice things to say about her. Yet, besides a few of them turning up to her wedding, she never seems to have any social contact - intentionally or otherwise - outside of the immediate team around her.

Either way, I just don't think this ends well :(

Exactly. Some of the stuff that came from those leaked conservatorship hearings about her being subjected to (physical) medical treatment against her will was pretty shocking. I think anyone would be fundamentally mistrusting of medical professionals after that, even if she now has the ability to choose who would provide her care. And it's evident that she does need it, even if there's a strong likelihood that the extent of the treatment she was forced to comply with during the conservatorship was abused.

That sounds horrendous, and I don’t blame her for having major issues with medical professionals after being subjected to that. :( I was thinking that generally people need to be sectioned under the mental health act and wouldn’t have any say on the matter as it would be for their own well being and they couldn’t make any logical decisions themselves. I don’t know what physical mental treatment would even entail?

That sounds horrendous, and I don’t blame her for having major issues with medical professionals after being subjected to that. :( I was thinking that generally people need to be sectioned under the mental health act and wouldn’t have any say on the matter as it would be for their own well being and they couldn’t make any logical decisions themselves. I don’t know what physical mental treatment would even entail?

Sorry, I meant physical treatment in the sense that she stated she'd had a coil fitted against her will. But I suppose that just adds to the sense of feeling she had no control over any aspect of her body.

The issue of capacity is complex and impossible to judge from Instagram posts and videos. Clearly, a decision has been made by a judge that she has enough capacity not to need a conservatorship. But at the same time, nothing from those leaked hearings - or really anything that she's done since - suggests she has a great deal of insight into her own well-being needs, either.

Sorry, I meant physical treatment in the sense that she stated she'd had a coil fitted against her will. But I suppose that just adds to the sense of feeling she had no control over any aspect of her body.

The issue of capacity is complex and impossible to judge from Instagram posts and videos. Clearly, a decision has been made by a judge that she has enough capacity not to need a conservatorship. But at the same time, nothing from those leaked hearings - or really anything that she's done since - suggests she has a great deal of insight into her own well-being needs, either.

You are 100% dead on that we can’t judge simply on her social media videos.

Was her Dad a terrible person( sorry to keep haranguing you with questions, I have read very little about the court case)? I remember reading about Amanda Bynes and similarly she was trying to break out of her conservatorship and it was in the fros of a mental health episode when she directed a lot of hate on to her parents, I think at one point even saying her Dad raped her. It is all so very sad. i think more than anything I find it so sad that she has lost touch completely with her children. I know she didn’t ever have custody of the children but to lose touch completely must be so difficult for her.

Maybe financially she’s fine and certainly shouldn’t be having anyone dictating her to perform against her will, but it sounds like she really needs some proper bloody friends, and not leeching family or showbiz fakes.

I think the cheating stuff sounds like a load of bullshit (and honestly, if it is a lie on his part to try and secure a favourable divorce then there are a million different things that would be more convincing) but no doubt that living with someone in the above state would be really difficult.
I don't think it's straightforward. There are plenty of cases of people with mental health diagnosis turning down medication and treatment and to say it's purely due to the professionals she was working with is simplistic.

Was her Dad a terrible person( sorry to keep haranguing you with questions, I have read very little about the court case)?

I suppose there are two ways of looking at that.

Something had to happen back in 2008. Britney Spears was not well, everyone could see that. I don't think the tabloids would get away now with what they did back then in terms of the way she was hounded and baited. Or, at the very least, the public would not engage with the 'story' in the same way. Whether a conservatorship was the right approach...who knows. But it did defuse the situation in a way that I'm not sure anything else would have. In that respect, I think Jamie Spears probably did the right thing as a father.

However, the moment the conservatorship (very quickly) became about getting "Britney Spears" back on stage is when I, personally, struggle to see how Jamie Spears isn't pretty dreadful. I think greed took over; she became a business over which he had total control. Between the world tours where she appeared totally disinterested and the albums where half the vocals aren't even Britney's, he seemed to lose sight of the fact that at the centre of it was his daughter.

Maybe financially she’s fine and certainly shouldn’t be having anyone dictating her to perform against her will, but it sounds like she really needs some proper bloody friends, and not leeching family or showbiz fakes.

Exactly.

This isn't dissing Sam Asghari just because they're allegedly divorcing, but Iggy Azalea spoke a while back about how Britney came over to her house when they recorded together and before Britney was allowed in, her team searched the whole place for anything suspicious. If there was that level of scrutiny/paranoia surrounding everywhere she went, it's difficult not to wonder about the sincerity or motivation of any relationship she formed during the conservatorship.

I don't think it's straightforward. There are plenty of cases of people with mental health diagnosis turning down medication and treatment and to say it's purely due to the professionals she was working with is simplistic.
I work for a charity focused on mental illness so am well aware - I know that a lot of people with that experience are distrustful of medical professionals but I think specifically in her case, it seems like she was dealing with doctors who genuinely didn’t have her best interests at heart.

I think the thing that most frustrates me about this conversation is that people seem to see ‘things as they are now’ and ‘the conservatorship’ as the only ways forward. People seemed to act as though getting out of the conservatorship was a declaration on her part that she was hunky dory - she’s clearly not and is unwell. But a conservatorship is not the only option for that situation. I agree with Ellie that she needs some proper friends - people genuinely looking out for her - but because everyone around her to this point has been such a leech, it is hard not to be suspicious of anyone who claims to be on her side.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom