Bernard Cribbins DEAD

Another one I thought had been dead for about a decade.

ZealousGeneralBlackbird-max-1mb.gif

:(

• Sad
Reactions: COB
I'm sure I read he'd filmed some Doctor Who scenes recently? @COB to confirm
He did! I'm curious how much filming was completed and what they would use now, but it was a couple of months ago so it's possible they filmed all of his scenes. He was spotted in a wheelchair, and nobody was sure whether he actually needed it or if it was for the character.

Obviously he's a famous name, but I couldn't name anything specific that he did.

Noooo! Awww, that's sad. He was such a fixture of children's television in my youth. Add to that his performances in David Tennant's era of Doctor Who and we have a straight up legend. A good innings tho'. Well played, Mr Cribbins.

So sad. He was just lovely, and I loved his character in Doctor Who. Just got to be grateful he had such a good innings I suppose

I imagine given his age, he won't have had too much to do with the DW special. Think they're done filming that now anyway, just on time... I heard they're on with the new series now.

And of course this is iconic:

Someone mentioned playing piano for him to 'Right Said Fred' and in my head I was a bit like 'I'm Too Sexy seems a weird song for him to cover'.

Anyway, RIP. May he womble free in paradise.

Reactions: COB
Doctor Who is wrapping up filming now so all his stuff has already been shot. It's a nice send-off :) He lived to 93 and was able to do lots of things until then, that's good innings!

The pinnacle of his work was Jackanory for me. He was definitely one of the factors in my childhood love of reading.

Watching his obituary earlier, I had forgotten so much, particularly cultural icons The Wombles.

Aw I used to love the Wombles. For me they're still the first things that come to mind when I hear the word 'Wimbledon'.

I love that he was wholesome to the end.

So many of these nice TV types have ended up with, you know, "revelations" and you're like "oh god not you too". Nah this one was just sweet all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom