Aqua - Barbie Girl

SURE KEN

• Total voters

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
Obviously it's nothing on Roses Are Red, but WHAT DO YOU THINK of the theme tune to Oppenheimer?

Novelty but genius. You have to give it it's due.

Dr Jones, Turn Back Time, My oh My and Good Morning Sunshine I prefer though. I don't know them apart from the SINGALS.

A genuinely fabulous pop song, even the whole package. Though as a ten year old I was baffled Lene wasn’t blonde :o

It still is odd they didn’t go with Lollypop in the UK as a single. It was huge in Australia which had a very similar taste at the time and I think that could’ve been an easy top 5 for them.

It still is odd they didn’t go with Lollypop in the UK as a single. It was huge in Australia which had a very similar taste at the time and I think that could’ve been an easy top 5 for them.
They had three number ones in a row!

As a 90s pop culture moment it's a total 10/10. Purely as a song it's not quite that for me, but it's totally elevated by what it became and the WARM NOSTALGIC FEELINGS it conjures

Last edited:
I remember buying the cd single on import at the time and feeling BUMMED cause the remixes were fucking awful :D I did rinse the hell out of the Extended Mix though :disco:

This sits alongside Saturday Night as a song with which I don’t have much of a relationship. Give me Snap! instead :disco:

Lol at the man swapping Lene's mic pack at 1:34. Not sure that'll fix things pal

I will always love it. “Life in plastic, it’s fantastic” is one of those perfect lyrics that will forever be iconic. 10/10.

Ridiculous, considering how they had one hit wonder written all over them, that they had another three or four 10/10s sitting in the bank. I mean, Barbie Girl is good but it’s no MY OH MY (NEIGHHHHHHH) 🐴

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom