ABBA Voyage: The Concert Residency – CONTAINS MAJOR SET LIST SPOILERS

Yes, it was only a couple of days after the lack of corporate sponsorship hit me.

And I know it's nothing really, but little things like all the internal signs being in the correct font just adds even more.

These were going for about thirty quid on ebay a couple of weeks ago. I imagine if they are still giving them out now that demand and the price will be dropping.

I'm still seeing some people saying they didn't get them, though. We got ours when we were queuing for the merch stand outside the arena after the show.

These were going for about thirty quid on ebay a couple of weeks ago. I imagine if they are still giving them out now that demand and the price will be dropping.

I'm still seeing some people saying they didn't get them, though. We got ours when we were queuing for the merch stand outside the arena after the show.
They were handing them out as you left the auditorium, there seemed to be plenty to around.

We stayed for drinks after the show, along with seemingly half the audience. The merch shop was still too busy to bother with before we left, so I didn't get a chance to have a good browse.

The merch is only what is online anyway - although a lot of the stuff online isn't available until this week or next week anyway, and isn't in the shop either.

One thing which did surprise me is that there is no music for sale in the shop at all - no Voyage or Gold, CD, vinyl or otherwise. There was a red vinyl version of Voyage put up online as a venue exclusive, also available in the next couple of weeks, but all mention of it seems to have been deleted.

Considering they are selling off all those individual avatar CDs and cassettes half price on the official store, together with the standard version and smaller discounts on all the vinyls, I'm surprised they aren't bothering to try and shift a few at the concert. I can imagine the avatar cover ones being picked up as a souvenir by some even if they have the standard already.

Although perhaps with the 9 LP and 9 CD boxset and all the albums being released on picture disc in May and June, they think they have fleeced the fans enough.

And then there's the Japanese version with the slightly different packaging and OBI strip. And the Japanese DVD boxset.

Oh, and the Spanish boxset available in weekly instalments from El Pais, which no doubt I'll end up spending an exorbitant amount for on eBay as they won't ship to the UK.

So JUST PERHAPS I ought not to be looking for any more.

I just can't stop thinking about this show :disco:

I keep thinking about that segue Lolly mentioned earlier at the end of LAYLOM, when the shot goes from above the giant A&A avatars, zooms right out, drops 90 degrees into the standard band view and the SNC intro kicks in. I just about combusted :disco:

Skallgång is my song of the day :disco:

We're booked for the end of July again yet I still fond myself looking at resale ticket availability...

We're booked for the end of July again yet I still fond myself looking at resale ticket availability...
I've got some friends going on Saturday, and I'm toying with the idea of joining them. I think going back in July will be more likely though.

And don't forget to toggle resale tickets on for better availability

I’m going! A friend just offered us tickets. What’s the dancefloor like?
That's where I was (in the centre, about half way back) and it seemed perfect. I've not seen any complaints about any bad spots though, even from those in the extreme left and right of the seating. The space has been designed with this show in mind and there really doesn't seem to be a bad seat in the house.

Only having being seated on the side (Row K on the aisle with Row J, four rows back), I had absolutely no complaints.

I think a thing to remember is that the arena is purpose built for this show - it hasn't been forced into an existing build and accommodating any features of that building. All the seating and staging, screens and lights are exactly as intended, and it seemed to me that there absolutely wouldn't be a bad seat. The various screens often (I think probably usually) are showing different angles and shots, and I I feel as if I purposely want to see it from a different angle.

Interestingly the only area I thought I wouldn't particularly want to sit in would be the back area directly facing the stage as I wondered if it may feel a little remote (relatively - it's a small arena), but that's where Abba were seated during the premiere, and where the most expensive seats seem to be.

Last edited:
Only having being seated on the side Row K on the aisle with Row J, four rows back, I had absolutely no complaints.

I think a thing to remember is that the arena is purpose built for this show - it hasn't been forced into an existing build and accommodating any features of that building. All the seating and staging, screens and lights are exactly as intended, at it seemed to me that there absolutely wouldn't be a bad seat. The various screens often (I think probably usually) are showing different angles and shots, and I I feel as if I purposely want to see it from a different angle.

Interestingly the only area I thought I wouldn't particularly want to sit in would be the back area directly facing the stage as I wondered if it may feel a little remote (relatively - it's a small arena), but that's where Abba were seated during the premiere, and where the most expensive seats seem to be.
I did wonder too about the rear of the centre block. Where I was standing, the side screens stretched behind me and the lighting was above and behind which felt very immersive. I'd definitely like to see it from different places to compare. I don't think the jostling and movement on the dancefloor would be for everybody and also wonder if it was louder there too (it was deafening!).

I also noticed yesterday that there was availability for shows all this weekend, which wasn't showing earlier in the week. I wonder if it's those tickets that are only showing as package hotel deals then being released last minute as standard tickets.

I think it's that, but also house seats being released plus people realising they can't use their tickets quite late in the day. West End shows are the same and always have last minute availability on the day even for solidly sold out stuff.

I did wonder too about the rear of the centre block. Where I was standing, the side screens stretched behind me and the lighting was above and behind which felt very immersive. I'd definitely like to see it from different places to compare. I don't think the jostling and movement on the dancefloor would be for everybody and also wonder if it was louder there too (it was deafening!).
We're on the dance floor at the end of July (and again in October). Mr L very definitely wants to get front and centre, and first time I'll try going with him unless the jostling is too bad. Second time I may well hang back a little and let him push forward if he wants.

From where we were seated looking at the dance floor, it looked like a standard standing area really - really packed and cramped at the front, and then further back people being able to stand in little clusters.

• Love
Reactions: Hak
I'm not sure I'd want a single ticket to one of the dance booths having seen what's available tomorrow. You might make friends with a group I suppose :D

• BOOM BOOM
I'm not sure I'd want a single ticket to one of the dance booths having seen what's available tomorrow. You might make friends with a group I suppose :D
I thought they looked lousy, to be honest - I only noticed the ones at the top at the back, slightly to the sides. I don't understand if you want to stand and dance, why you wouldn't want to be on the floor. Yes, you won't have your own (tiny) area, but you'll have a better atmosphere surely, not surrounded by the seating areas, and a lot closer to the stage, even if you're at the back of the dance floor. And the dancefloor tickets are considerably cheaper!

We're on the dance floor at the end of July (and again in October). Mr L very definitely wants to get front and centre, and first time I'll try going with him unless the jostling is too bad. Second time I may well hang back a little and let him push forward if he wants.

From where we were seated looking at the dance floor, it looked like a standard standing area really - really packed and cramped at the front, and then further back people being able to stand in little clusters.
We moved around a fair bit (there were 8 of us) but it was quite cramped and it did get quite pushy at times, plus it was very hot. I think the darkness and the haze in the air is part of creating the illusion, but it might have just been that there's no air conditioning :D

When we entered the arena with about 40 minutes to spare, the front of the area was completely taken up already with people standing by the barrier, so I think it's quite a popular place to be.

I thought they looked lousy, to be honest - I only noticed the ones at the top at the back, slightly to the sides. I don't understand if you want to stand and dance, why you wouldn't want to be on the floor. Yes, you won't have your own (tiny) area, but you'll have a better atmosphere surely, not surrounded by the seating areas, and a lot closer to the stage, even if you're at the back of the dance floor. And the dancefloor tickets are considerably cheaper!
I was surprised at how high they're priced given where they are, but can see the attraction if you went with a big group and took one over entirely.

Reports on AbbaTalk of a screen malfunction last night - half a screen which was otherwise showing Agnetha and Benny was showing a stretched Benny for around 15 - 20 seconds.

Extra matinee performance added for Bank Holiday Monday on 29th August

One of my friends has just left the matinee :D

Screenshot 2022-06-18 at 17.06.22.png

Reactions: GNL
Reports on AbbaTalk of a screen malfunction last night - half a screen which was otherwise showing Agnetha and Benny was showing a stretched Benny for around 15 - 20 seconds.
Apparently the main screen can only work for 15 minutes at a time and that's why it flips to the side views for every 4th song.

I don't know how much redundancy is built into the production. What happens if the main ABBAtar screen were to fail? Is there a backup screen installed?

Apparently the main screen can only work for 15 minutes at a time and that's why it flips to the side views for every 4th song.
That does kind of make sense but I was sure that the various other videos also played out on the main screen even when the ABBAtars themselves aren’t on stage.

That does kind of make sense but I was sure that the various other videos also played out on the main screen even when the ABBAtars themselves aren’t on stage.
I don't know, but right now I'm going to go with the fact that it was all MAGIC :D

• Love
Reactions: LTZ
Well that was probably the best concert I’ve ever been to. I feel like I’ve been hugged for the past two hours. I cried on three occasions, and was too emotional to speak upon departing. I am just overcome!

Standouts:

The Visitors opener
The lights for everything
Chiquita
Frida’s speech
Lay All Your Love On Me
I Still Have Faith In You
Waterloo
When the older ABBA came back on stage
Benny being so fit

Set list spoiler:
I still can't believe they had the nerve to use The Visitors as the opener – and after Skallgång threw everyone off as the warm up already!

SO GOOD :disco:

Now that last night's Moopers have been to see it, are we in a place where we can just put "Spoilers" in the thread title and talk freely about it?

Now that last night's Moopers have been to see it, are we in a place where we can just put "Spoilers" in the thread title and talk freely about it?
I know what you're saying, but I'd have hated to know anything about it before I saw it.

I know you could just avoid this thread, but this whole show is SUCH a curveball that I'd prefer not to even risk spoiling it for anyone.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I don't mind putting things in spoiler tags, it's no effort, it just occurred to me people might be tiring of it, but as you were! Wouldn't want to exclude anyone.

Fair enough. I don't mind putting things in spoiler tags, it's no effort, it just occurred to me people might be tiring of it, but as you were! Wouldn't want to exclude anyone.
It would be fun to just chat openly about it. I completely avoided this thread for weeks before I saw the show to make sure I didn't know what was coming, but it's been a month now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom