ABBA - Voulez-Vous Sync Listen

Ballads aside it's wall to wall BANGERS

The song VV really Haa taken 30 years to become one of my favourites.

I'm really appreciating the fairly relentless tempo of this record. no toilet breaks so far. Does Your Mother Know is such a trip! I always think I don't like it much but then it comes on and guess who's doing karaoke.

and god, the RIFFS! talk about FUNKY. musically it's absolutely sublime. lyrically it's "disaster and disgrace", but whatever man, it was the '70s...

07 As Good As New
10 Voulez-Vous
10 I Have a Dream
08 Angeleyes
08 The King Has Lost His Crown
09 Does Your Mother Know

Once upon a time Does Your Mother Know was my absolute favourite Abba song of all of them. I still love, slightly dodgy lyrics aside, but plenty of others have shone their light since

Yeah even Bjorn says in hindsight it would have been better if the girls had sung DYMK.

there's something about their vocal production and harmonies that makes almost EVERYTHING sound absolutely RESPLENDENT. truly just a pleasure to soak in.

the chorus of this is to fucking DIE FOR! 5 minutes hardly seems long enough :D was this not included on any of the Gold variants, even the More Gold disc?

07 As Good As New
10 Voulez-Vous
10 I Have a Dream
08 Angeleyes
09 Does Your Mother Know
10 If it Wasn't For The Nights

there's something about their vocal production and harmonies that makes almost EVERYTHING sound absolutely RESPLENDENT. truly just a pleasure to soak in.

the chorus of this is to fucking DIE FOR! 5 minutes hardly seems long enough :D was this not included on any of the Gold variants, even the More Gold disc?

07 As Good As New
10 Voulez-Vous
10 I Have a Dream
08 Angeleyes
09 Does Your Mother Know
Not on Gold, More Gold, or in either of the Mamma Mia films. It must be their ultimate hidden gem at this point and I kind of hope it stays that way! Such a reward for listeners who dig a little deeper.

Chiquitita is such an epic... I'm obsessed with songs that can feel like one thing (in this case, an emotive ballad moment) and then swerve and become something else (a big, anthemic pop song with a singalong chorus and marching band beat) and it just makes sense. that's musical excellence.

I mean, the chorus is HUGE! it's an absolute dream.

and then the music dropping out, the long note and the fake-out ending? STOP! STOP! I'M ALREADY DEAD!

07 As Good As New
10 Voulez-Vous
10 I Have a Dream
08 Angeleyes
09 Does Your Mother Know
11 Chiquitita

Lovers is so SHRILL. a rare VOCAL MISS! a shame as musically it's very adventurous and rich and the verses are hot.

07 As Good As New
10 Voulez-Vous
10 I Have a Dream
08 Angeleyes
09 Does Your Mother Know
11 Chiquitita
07 Lovers (Live a Little Long)

All fun and games until Agnetha finally faces a reckoning for her historic sex crimes :(
:o

ac427fa8-d004-4029-9523-24bf7fc4e8cb.png

If I HAD to choose then I'd say Lovers is probably the closest thing to a weak link on this album, but I still love the saucy Frida vocal on there.

I can see why this album is @Pingu's favourite. It is WALL-TO-WALL tunes.

Kisses Of Fire is such a fucking HOT POP DISCO BANGER

Sky News to confirm soon.

And it doesn't end there! Now for the one they literally left off because they thought it was a bit MEH!

11. Summer Night City

why was Summer Night City left off the tracklist Pingu?
It was the first single released while the album was still being recorded (it was the only thing they had ready at that point). They were never all that keen on how the recording turned out and then when the album was finally finished they had demoted it to BUZZ SINGLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom