1988 UK Official Charts Number One Hits SURVIVOR (Round 2 - Vote to SAVE)

Vote for your favourites to SAVE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2HleNZ.gif

00J5PG.gif

They're leaving this game and nothing's gonna change that. For 8 songs, the desire for them to stay was not there for Moopy and so it's a send-off to a Round 1 exit.

Results:
14. U2 - Desire (8th October) - Round 1 (18.2% to save)
15. The Hollies - He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother (24th September) - Round 1 (15.2% to save)
16. The Timelords - Doctorin' the Tardis (18th June) - Round 1 (9.1% to save)
16. Glenn Medeiros - Nothing's Gonna Change My Love for You (9th July) - Round 1 (9.1% to save)
16. Cliff Richard - Mistletoe and Wine (10th December) - Round 1 (9.1% to save)
19. Billy Bragg and Cara Tivey - She's Leaving Home (21st May) - Round 1 (3.0% to save)
19. Phil Collins - A Groovy Kind of Love (10th September) - Round 1 (3.0% to save)
21. Wet Wet Wet - With a Little Help from My Friends (21st May) - Round 1 (0.0% to save)

13 songs have made it through to the next round. We'll stick with another vote to save for now, so this time you are voting to SAVE THE 7 SONGS you would like to see still in the competition, come New Year. :thumbsup:

Kylie kut aside, this was kwite straightforward. I really didn't realise 1988 had this many corkers.

I just listened to the Fairground Attraction song for the first time. I don't usually hate much music, but it kind of made my skin crawl

I think it was on an advert. All I remember is that she was serving pure cunt on a barge and I hated her. It's the daytime TV of 80s pop.

:argh:

1000009049.jpg

Wikipedia says an ASDA ad. And even grosser is the album title, The First of a Million Kisses

I'm sure there's a half decent song in there, at best up there with Celebration or something similar. Pure mumsy platitude with a twee production.

This list is also known as "artists who've had MUCH better songs elsewhere"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom