UK Vs The World S2 E3

edit: failed epically at spoiler tags

Last edited:
evil-defeated.gif

Scarlet was in her maximum Debra Messing mode for that lip sync. The correct winner.

Jonbers was the correct choice. I just wish I knew where she came from.

Choriza's Marge was not in charge. Grim.

I'm absolutely devastated. It felt like Naomi eliminating Manila in AS4.

Last edited:
Marina was hilarious. "You better plant that rice bitch!" :D

Loved Scarlet in this episode.

It was an OK episode but had nothing on the first two. I think because there was so much Scarlet/Jonbers focus.

More La Grande Dame next week please.

I mean how is Gothy still in? I just think BLESS whenever they are on stage
Hannah probably deserved too 2. Happy with Tia top two

:D! at Gothy being considered in the top. It felt very "well, you weren't transparently one of the absolute worst so let's massively reward that"

Poor Jonbers. The INDIGNITY of going home before Gothy Kendoll! :D

It was a poor week all round. Michelle is a terrible director, and the way she rushed them all really came through in the final products.

Also what the actual fuck was Gothy's runway all about? NIGHTMARE INDUCING.

I like her normally, but Tia definitely had a charity top two placement this week (probably because the idea of the challenge was quite crap, much like the other advertising challenges). Drag Race "jokes" that are just references to things that happened on previous series are a dry well of humour at this point and she already did most of those jokes in the first week anyway.

Never really seen Jonbers' appeal (I was vicariously offended for all of the people of Ireland that she went down that route again) but I thought her runway look might have saved her from the bottom two, she looked great.

I really liked Gothy's runway. Well, focusing on the dress rather than the walk, anyway.

I think Jonbers was unlucky to be bottom two. Not necessarily because she wasn't very good - just that about four or five of them were all pretty bad, so she could have easily avoided it. But then she avoided it when she should have been bottom two at least a couple of times on her season, so OH WELL.

Watching Gothy is like having Big Brother's Bonneh back or having her own series, it's quite something. I hope I haven't just spoiled their Snatch.

I really feel like vs the World needs reformatting somewhat. The first two weeks worked because the talent show and design challenges are open to everyone, whereas a lot of the scripted acting/improv/comedy challenges are weighted in favour of the queens who speak English as a first language.

Which unfairly allows someone like Scarlet to thrive when she wouldn't normally, no offence Scarlet.

You could see what LGD was doing so I didn't get the swing and miss narrative I was being force fed. If anything, they were sending up fashion programming, particularly the sort from the 90s. Give them more time to do what they want and we might just get some content that can get judged fairly. Even the faff Jonbers seemed to have was miraculously sorted out in the finished product, which was still terrible of course, but still - this show could be much more easily displaced than it thinks.

This episode was a real struggle; stupid challenge, weird judging and boring lip sync.

Gothy being in the top 3 is as stupid as
having Mhya in the top 3 in this week’s episode

None of them really stood out, but I thought LGD was one of the best and I didn’t think Keta was particularily bad either.

I thought Marina was one of the better ones as well, but I think this encapsulates what was wrong with this episode - I don't think anyone did particularly well objectively, so it was very easy to spin whatever top two or bottom two out of it to serve their purpose.

I think they easily could have presented LGD as being hysterical and given her another win, but they couldn't afford her being even more of a frontrunner and needed to create a bit more competition.

As much as Jonbers irritated me, she was only leaning in to exactly what Ru had been pissing herself about previously.

But yeah, it was a shit episode.

And after saying last week I wondered if Jonbers was being set up to go home first, in going to guess now that Choriza also goes before Gothy.

You can tell the episode was a mess if the outcome left multiple Moopers feeling SYMPATHY for Jonbers Blonde!

Jonbers has the goodwill of the people. Her elimination will cause fractures in the community.

Save for the likes of Katya, Alaska, Jinkx and Detox, you'd think this would be the one to truly have down going in to the show (snatch, a verse, roast material, reading material and a "POV" as they say).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom