The Marvels

Disney+ at least has other things to recommend it beyond the franchise stuff. I imagine they'll keep gobbling up the smaller players and be fine.

Apple TV is the biggest mystery to me. Beyond Ted Lasso, what to they have? The Morning Show?

Disney+ at least has other things to recommend it beyond the franchise stuff. I imagine they'll keep gobbling up the smaller players and be fine.

Apple TV is the biggest mystery to me. Beyond Ted Lasso, what to they have? The Morning Show?

I think Prime and Apple TV are looked at as additives with other services by these tech companies.

I get prime tv with my prime subscription and a bundle of the Apple stuff (music, tv and cloud storage).

Apple seems to cater quite heavily for sci-fi fans, with stuff like Severance, For All Mankind, Foundation and Silo. I'm quite cautiously optimistic for their upcoming Monarch show (Godzilla spinoff) because I love that franchise, but compared to the other streaming services they don't seem to have as wide a scope with their content.

But they also do the stuff that they know they won’t make money on, like Killers of the Flower Moon and Napoleon. They’re just there for prestige.

I think Disney+ is in the worst position in terms of future. There’s barely any marvel or Star Wars coming next year and the price keeps rising. I personally like the FX stuff but that’s not going to sustain them.
And yet they never learn. I know they don’t release viewing figures, but from the reported weekly charts their MCU/Star Wars stuff are hardly ever Top 10 aside from the release weeks. They’d be better off concentrating on compiling catalogue content.

I mean the hit of the summer was Suits for some reason, all these expensive shows and what people choose is a USA show from 10 years ago.

Apple TV has so much great stuff. Physical, Schmigadoon, Trying, Platonic, Shrinking, The After Party, Truth Be Told, Mythic Quest, Defending Jacob was a great mini series. All the Snoopy content! Lessons in Chemistry is my current favourite and more.

I’ve yet to start The Shrink Next Door and The Big Door Prize.

The only things from Apple I’ve not really got on with were Hello Tomorrow, Mr. Corman, The Last Thing He Told Me and Central Park (really should have been for me but I just found it irritating). Severance I found to be hugely overrated but I seem to be in a minority there.

Last edited:
There's a very amusing scene midway through with cats and a Cats reference. That saves it, the humour and the short running time.

Yeah it’s very nothing. They know they have a star with Ms Marvel and her family and they use them to the max and Monica is a decent character. It’s just that Carol is such a void, when did Brie Larson just lose every bit of charisma.

The cats scene is the highlight and the mid credits scene for obvious reasons.

There’s a Disney-sequel singing sequence that was horrendous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom