Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lady Gaga - Chromatica

• Rina Sawayama - Sawayama

• Total voters

Funky

User
I think it's now enough time that we can look back and reminisce on 2020 as that period of uncertainty and bewilderment that, perhaps ironically, brought us one of the greatest years in pop music history.

So let's 'celebrate' with a survivor for some really iconic and historic albums.

Pick up to 3 albums to boot out.

(WARNING: this is going to end up like picking off your own children)

Last edited:
Is it fair to pick an album I haven’t heard? I can’t decide

Is it fair to pick an album I haven’t heard? I can’t decide

it will get to the point where you'll have to anyway!

Also: a good opportunity listen to them because all of these have been well received it seems. I haven't actually listened to CxH, Ava Max or Selena Gomez but I feel like I should give them a shot.

Or @COB you can just tell me and I'll remember to take it into account

Poor brave COB forgetting how survivors work :(

• Care
Reactions: COB
it will get to the point where you'll have to anyway!

Also: a good opportunity listen to them because all of these have been well received it seems. I haven't actually listened to CxH, Ava Max or Selena Gomez but I feel like I should give them a shot.
That is true. The only ones I haven’t listened to are Empress Of and Grimes and I’m in quarantine so I should just listen to them

Actually I was able to change it. You can pick up to 3.
92CA5A8B-EC21-464C-9B3D-B9143DBE154A.jpeg

SHUT IT YOU I WAS MAKING MOOPY POLLS BEFORE YOU WERE BORN!!!!111!!!

I did it wrong too :D

i mean who decided you need to READ the INSTRUCTIONS first

Plus I cant really boot anything I haven’t heard

Taylor Swift in SHOCK early exit scandal (unless more people vote)

Had no idea she was so POLARISING

OF course The Lockdown Shits not even included honestly I mean what is the world coming to

I only voted for Empress Of because I have never heard of him/her/them.

Many of these are "lockdown" albums by accident...

It’s more that they were released before or during the first wave of pandemic so it’s the memories we have attached to that period, plus a celebration of a great year for quality pop. I don’t recall a time when so many pop albums dominated the critics end of year list. The top ten was usually a mix of Dua Lipa, Taylor Swift, Jessie Ware and Roisin Murphy, I mean who saw that coming?

Will close this tonight - goodbye for now Miss Swift!

I actually really liked the Folklore album.

It’s more that they were released before or during the first wave of pandemic so it’s the memories we have attached to that period, plus a celebration of a great year for quality pop. I don’t recall a time when so many pop albums dominated the critics end of year list. The top ten was usually a mix of Dua Lipa, Taylor Swift, Jessie Ware and Roisin Murphy, I mean who saw that coming?

It was partly circumstantial. Bands who get into a room and play together had a hard time - not just making albums but keeping their heads above water without touring. Solo vocalists did just fine - you can record vocals anywhere with a quiet enough room, a decent mic and a laptop.

That said, most of my favourite albums of the last 3 years have been by 'solo' artists - as much as that can be a sophistry at times, given the number of participants. You can make music in the exact way you want to with minimal intervention now. This is providing a very rich stream of untethered and expressive music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom