Sonique, Lisa Scott-Lee, T'Pau, Su Elise ET AL - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Wonder if this went top 200 in the end. If it did, it would have to have shifted a (comparative) shit load of physicals.

Are we sure the annoying one in the black leather jacket is 'Jaime Jay'?? She looks completely different in the video RobotBoy posted

This is STILL the greatest thing I've ever seen. It NEVER fails to raise a guffaw.

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun RANK:

Caroline Quentin
Lisa Scott-Lee
The Cheeky Girls
Su-Elise Nash
Myra McQueen.

Last edited:
We're getting close to Race For Life time again - have there been any RUMBLINGS about a 2011 single? I had a quick look online but couldn't see anything :(

I just saw Gloria Hunniford telling they're down on WOMEN to run this year's race - maybe a new charity single would help with that?

Either that or opening it to MEN as well. Is there actually a reason it's women-only? CRUK is for all types of cancer, yet the race for life is so festooned with PINK you'd think it for TITS ONLY :confused:

The bitch in leather is Rebecca Gibbs.

She reveals her identity at 0:16.

MilkyBarKid has just informed me that this will be performed LIVE on Sky 1 at 8pm on Monday, as part of the "She's Amazing 2010" show, all about the Race For Life!

I bet Lisa is practising in front of her mirror RIGHT now!

Is this an early appearance from our Kala? :o

(Also if anyone could find that elusive video of the live PERF I'd be eternally grateful)

Last edited:
Is this an early appearance from our Kala? :o

(Also if anyone could find that elusive video of the live PERF I'd be eternally grateful)

And dropping names even back then.

This thread remains incredible.

Oddly, I'd only just discovered this gem a few days before this thread was unearthed. The video truly is the gift that keeps on giving (in terms of entertainment, rather than just ear cancer)

Love LSL relishing being offered the equivalent of Bono's "Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you". It's like a dress rehearsal for the gutsy fan-crabatics a few years later on This Morning.

Well done to Race For Life star Lucie Jones on winning Eurovision or whatever :tigerclaw:

When I sing along to the Cyndi original I always switch my tone and imitate Caroline for the lines she made her own

REST o' the wo-OO-RLD

Now where's that video of Caroline opening the Cornwall Fish Festival or something with an audience of about ten senior citizens

Edit: YAY

Bumping this for no other reason than that the Stand Up To Cancer thread reminded me, and it remains LIFE CHANGING.

Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom