So WHO ON EARTH is going to win?

Where will the eurogays be heading to in 2025?

• Albania

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Armenia

• Australia

• Azerbaijan

• Belgium

• Cyprus

• Czechia

• Denmark

• Estonia

• Finland

• Georgia

• Germany

• Iceland

• Latvia

• Lithuania

• Luxembourg

• Moldova

• Norway

• Poland

• San Marino

• Serbia

• Slovenia

• Sweden

• Total voters
Me staggering around Geneva following a Swiss win.

30d3df327ac696ec44ed22daad3bbe46.gif
I might be moving there so you can sleep in my bath.

If I can afford a bathroom!

I keep going over all of the contenders in my brain and I can't move away from my initial reaction to Switzerland just being that it's SUCH a stand out. Even now, watching the recaps with all the entries in together, it stands out so much. It feels like a jury winner and it's "out there" enough that I can't imagine the televote not enjoying it too.

With the other contenders:

Ukraine: as others have said, will their televote still be SO high? Obviously sympathies are still there and I'm not trying to paint some kind of "battle of the wars" here but I feel like Israel's inclusion almost makes takes the headlines and makes you forget about Russia/Ukraine tensions still being very much ongoing. I also still don't really find the song that remarkable but I acknowledge others do.

Croatia: I can't picture this doing better with juries than Cha Cha Cha (unless the staging improves A LOT) and I don't see it sweeping all the 12s like Cha Cha Cha. It could win the televote but I don't think anywhere near as emphatically to make up the difference.

Italy: I do really love this, but is just being a solid pop song enough to win these days? It's my 2nd favourite, but it feels like it's missing that extra ingredient that makes it a winner.

Not entirely ruling out France either, as someone else mentioned, especially in a year with not that many ballads. But again, don't think the televote will be quite strong enough, about 5th at best there.

Ukraine is a good song - good, but not great. Either way I just think Europe will collectively think 'no, not right now' - it will achieve a solid result but not be in the mix.

I don’t think 7th is beyond the REALMS OF POSSIBILITY for the UK at all!

8B2B54DB-F89C-40BE-A4F0-06C2A7AA6CE0.jpeg

This doesn’t feel that unlikely

As much as I am personally non plussed by it, NO WAY is France only coming 17th - its got top 3 with juries written all over it

from what I've heard so far (and based on what I think the public will like, not knowing much about the jury vote) I think it's between Croatia, Ukraine and Netherlands. I voted Croatia

surely that Italian shit doesn't have a chance

I really think a lot of the Dutch hype has been quite localised so far, but then hype breeds hype, so who knows...

I didn’t change the odds and got a top three of…

Italy - 358
France - 354
Netherlands - 350

I didn’t change the odds and got a top three of…

Italy - 358
France - 354
Netherlands - 350
God what a dull selection of countries.

It was nice getting the west back at the top, but now I just want Uzbekistan or Vatican.

I’m visiting Uzbekistan in two weeks’ time so I’ll report back :disco: surely we can bring Kazakhstan into the fold at least, this is the longest Eurovision’s ever gone without a debut nation

To answer the question, the only one I can see winning at this point is Croatia. It could easily win the televote, and I don't understand why the juries are going to mark it down, when they placed Chachacha 4th last year. That's my bet before rehearsals.

I’m visiting Uzbekistan in two weeks’ time so I’ll report back :disco: surely we can bring Kazakhstan into the fold at least, this is the longest Eurovision’s ever gone without a debut nation
Is Liechtenstein the only actual European nation to have not competed? I think so.

Edit: Well, I suppose there's the Vatican also

Let's all go to Una Voce Per Sealand!

I think it depends whether or not Serbia would kick up a fuss.

I'd love a first time win! And the most realistic prospect at the moment seems to be Croatia.

Failing that, a country that's not won in YONKS - so Switzerland.

We really don't need to heading back to Italy or Netherlands so soon - how boring

We really don't need to heading back to Italy or Netherlands so soon - how boring
I’m not keen on a Europapa victory because god only knows what that would unleash next year, but I would be absolutely fine with The Netherlands winning again and getting another (proper) go at hosting after having one contest cancelled and another under strict Covid restrictions. It’s not like “we” headed there in the first place.

The boomer review (my Dad):

Netherlands: stands a good chance, lots of fun. Liked it a lot
Croatia: He can't sing, sounds like too many other entries
Switzerland: Didn't hate it, but not excited by it.
Cyprus: Mediocre to good album track
Sweden: this will grow, its got something. The performance looked good.
Lithuania: Catchy but not groundbreaking
Belgium: Bit sombre by comparison
Ireland: His face watching this was priceless. Like watching a human taking a shit on his carpet. "It's different but its gone too far"
Italy: Potential winner. She's a great performer
Spain: It's okish. Hated the male dancers. Won't win.
UK: Not initially impressed. Acknowledged it was better than most of our output. Not bad
Poland: Likely flop.
Ukraine: Into this. Likely winner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom