Shinzo Abe DEAD

Diddy are u drunk bbz

Brave Diddy faces internet.
Delete Old Man GIF

Oh I forgot it's a general election on Sunday! Or whatever you call it - half of the Upper House seats will be voted on by the public. I guess that throws a wrench into the campaigning

This is a genuinely shocking event. Who was the last major world leader to be assassinated?
Probably Yitzhak Rabin (Israel, 1995) or Olof Palme (Sweden, 1986). There have been a fair few others, but largely less known names.

Although the last G7 leader to be assassinated was Aldo Moro (Italy, 1978)

Benazir Bhutto feels like it wasn’t long ago but that happened in 2007
Yes. She wasn't on the list. I seem to recall she was out of power at the time. But yes she would absolutely count.

Oh you’re looking for people in office? You know Abe wasn’t, right? Just checking
Yes I was aware of that before today. I knew who he was. I love poring over G7 group pictures.

I guess I just hadn't stumbled across the relevant list and that out of office assassinations are probably rarer.

Probably Yitzhak Rabin (Israel, 1995) or Olof Palme (Sweden, 1986). There have been a fair few others, but largely less known names.

Not a world leader but Anna Lindh (Swedish Minister Of Foreign Affairs) in 2003 is rather etched into my brain. Possibly due to the very crude nature of it - and because it was in my lifetime, most likely.

The Gandhi family have had it pretty bad.

I was looking at the list going back years and it's easy to forget just unstable Portugal and Spain were for most of the 20th century.

But both mother and son had it pretty bad 30 bullet wounds and blown up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom