Saturday is tortured, but not a poet

Sheena

ROMANCE
Just cause I seem to be starting lots of threads this morning and you may as well have another one!

I'm off to work, although the island is so quiet it almost seems pointless opening :bad:

Mandy and I are in talks about moving to Wales :disco:

I'm off to work, although the island is so quiet it almost seems pointless opening :bad:

Mandy and I are in talks about moving to Wales :disco:

With the shop?

You do like places with NOTHING GOING ON, don’t you? :D

With the shop?

You do like places with NOTHING GOING ON, don’t you? :D
:D well our reason for wanting to move is because the island has got too crowded for us. I want to live somewhere remote, with no people.

I think Ryde where we live has a population of 25k.

Tenby in Wales where we're looking at has 5k.

There's already a Roly's in Tenby, we're hoping they might sell and we can buy it and sell ours.

I'm not sure there's much demand for crumbly fudge in Brecon :(

I realise my posts contradict each other by saying the island is quiet and too crowded.

I mean, quiet with tourists. Not annoying locals.

I'm not sure there's much demand for crumbly fudge in Brecon :(
We don't want Brecon, we need to be near the sea still. So we're looking at Pembrokeshire.

I'd happily work in a little shop or cafe, I'm not that fussed about owning a shop again.

I admire your quite astonishing lack of ambition.

And I genuinely don’t mean that as a slur. I’d love to just work in a pub or a shop but I love money too much.

We don't want Brecon, we need to be near the sea still. So we're looking at Pembrokeshire.

I'd happily work in a little shop or cafe, I'm not that fussed about owning a shop again.

What is Pembrokeshire like for property prices? I imagine it would be prohibitively expensive, or is that more around Mumbles and the Gower peninsula?

I realise my posts contradict each other by saying the island is quiet and too crowded.

I mean, quiet with tourists. Not annoying locals.
But Tenby gets RAMMED with tourists as well. I remember the last time we went we couldn't even find somewhere to park and so drove back to Saundersfoot.

What is Pembrokeshire like for property prices? I imagine it would be prohibitively expensive, or is that more around Mumbles and the Gower peninsula?
It's not awful, a two bed flat in Tenby is about £200k, a 2 bed house is £250k. It's probably similar to island prices, the only issue we'd have is location as I don't drive and Welsh public transport is very intermittent.

It's not awful, a two bed flat in Tenby is about £200k, a 2 bed house is £250k. It's probably similar to island prices, the only issue we'd have is location as I don't drive and Welsh public transport is very intermittent.
That's a good point. West of Cardiff, the train network is shit.

But Tenby gets RAMMED with tourists as well. I remember the last time we went we couldn't even find somewhere to park and so drove back to Saundersfoot.
I like tourists, it's tourists we need on the island. It's the locals I struggle with.

I'm not sure if it's an island thing or it happens everywhere, but on local Facebook groups all the islanders do is moan, moan about the ferries, moan about the roads, moan about the shops, moan about the council, moan about the tourists. I can't cope with it.

I like tourists, it's tourists we need on the island. It's the locals I struggle with.

I'm not sure if it's an island thing or it happens everywhere, but on local Facebook groups all the islanders do is moan, moan about the ferries, moan about the roads, moan about the shops, moan about the council, moan about the tourists. I can't cope with it.

That’s just Facebook groups.

That's not an Island thing, that's a Facebook group thing. You can the location, change what may be being moaned about, but people will still be moaning about something.

Here it's usually student housing and the clean air zone.

Why are you still on Facebook, love?

It's the locals I struggle with.

Honestly, this happens everywhere, and the quieter the place you live the more acute it becomes.

I feel like you’d be better off in the anonymity of a big city 😂

Why are you still on Facebook, love?
I'm not, I came off about a week ago! I'm quite enjoying it. Thanks to Ron I can now update the business page and not be on FB, but I will go back as I use the business page to comment on FB groups.

I also use Facebook as a cheap photo album so any holidays I go on I'll post on there. But for now I'm enjoying not being on it.

Honestly, this happens everywhere, and the quieter the place you live the more acute it becomes.

I feel like you’d be better off in the anonymity of a big city 😂
I don't know if I'd cope in a city. I mean, the anonymity does sound appealing. But I'd find it too hectic and busy. I also need the countryside and sea.

I didn't realise quite how remote Tenby is. It's nearly two hours from Cardiff by car, and more like 3 by public transport.

I guess Swansea is closer, but that's still nearly two by public transport, and it's well, Swansea.

I do see the appeal of Tenby though, but I don't think I'd want to be that far from a decent sized town or city, with or without a car.

I didn't realise quite how remote Tenby is. It's nearly two hours from Cardiff by car, and more like 3 by public transport.

I guess Swansea is closer, but that's still nearly two by public transport, and it's well, Swansea.

I do see the appeal of Tenby though, but I don't think I'd want to be that far from a decent sized town or city, with or without a car.
I think the fact I don't drive is what's scaring me. I'm not overly fussed about being near a city tho as I'm not at the moment.

I think the fact I don't drive is what's scaring me. I'm not overly fussed about being near a city tho as I'm not at the moment.
The city thing is a thinking aloud me thing. Tenby would be too small, too remote and with nowhere around it of a decent size. It's why I've always favoured Devon over Cornwall, as a place to possibly live, at least.

In more big ron urban socialite news, I’m on the train down to london for weed christmas. Upgrading to first class really is the tits, im already a bloody mary down

Oh I forgot it was 420

I'll avoid the main central park, then

The city thing is a thinking aloud me thing. Tenby would be too small, too remote and with nowhere around it of a decent size. It's why I've always favoured Devon over Cornwall, as a place to possibly live, at least.
I do love Devon and Cornwall, but I'm not sure if I'd find them a bit too busy with tourists all year round.

All I really want is a few little shops, coffee shops, cafes, a pub or two and a supermarket.

Lots of scenery and walks.

There's plenty of places in Cornwall still where you can have a cove more or less to yourself in the height of summer. Obviously little market for fudge in those places, though.

Obviously places like Newquay and St Ives are pretty busy all year, though.

Happy 420 hoes

Cartoon Network Reaction GIF

This is the park I was avoiding for 420

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom