Regina Spektor - Soviet Kitsch

RJN

lost all chats
Pronouns
he/him
She's someone I've known of, but not really listened to, but this article made me listen to Soviet Kitsch for the first time yesterday and I've now listened to it 3 times. I really enjoy it. It's not as challenging as I thought it might be.

Anyone else like this? Maybe @Building A Mysterious Woman? I can't find any sort of consensus online about what her best albums are, but maybe I'll try Begin to Hope next

An absolute classic album.

And “Begin To Hope” and “Far” are also great!

Reactions: RJN
I love her. One of my favourite artists and this is, I think, her best album.

but maybe I'll try Begin to Hope next

I love this one from Begin to Hope.

Summer in the city
I'm so lonely, lonely, lonely
So I went to a protest
Just to rub up against strangers
And I did feel like coming
But I also felt like crying
And it doesn't seem so worth it right now

Her older stuff is more DIY and clattery, and the newer stuff is more polished if that helps you with where to start while delving into her discography.

I love this one from Begin to Hope.

Summer in the city
I'm so lonely, lonely, lonely
So I went to a protest
Just to rub up against strangers
And I did feel like coming
But I also felt like crying
And it doesn't seem so worth it right now

Her older stuff is more DIY and clattery, and the newer stuff is more polished if that helps you with where to start while delving into her discography.

Definitely polished is more my thing normally but I think I’m more interested in her older stuff

She's someone I've known of, but not really listened to, but this article made me listen to Soviet Kitsch for the first time yesterday and I've now listened to it 3 times. I really enjoy it. It's not as challenging as I thought it might be.

Anyone else like this? Maybe @Building A Mysterious Woman? I can't find any sort of consensus online about what her best albums are, but maybe I'll try Begin to Hope next
I LOVE her and this album

• Love
Begin To Hope is where I started with her. I really like a lot of her stuff but she doesn’t hit quite as hard as others of her “ilk” with me personally but there’s loads of great/very good material. I didn’t really bother with her last two albums, I should rectify that.

In honor of the people who have replied to this thread, after my 4th listen to this, I’ve moved on to Jenny Lewis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom