Róisín Murphy's Career DEAD (Cause: TERFism)

Her statement has attracted a lot more media attention than the original posts did.

It almost gets to a good, workable ground, but misses ... and then goes fishing (she loves getting in deep waters I guess). Isn't she a card?

I honestly haven't read much at all on puberty blockers, but would what she posted be the same case study I've now heard of that was seemingly proven wrong or to have deliberately missed statistics out? When I googled this Roisin mess I found another messageboard that had a very active discussion on it. I may be able to find it if anyone is interested (edit: found it). The link does come with a warning though: there was an unpleasant poster citing some article or other, but luckily another member had access to this same journal and basically went through every claim, proving their points (which read a lot like that pinned Roisin post actually). It was a bit of a "get her Jade" moment indeed (this post now directly linked above).

The more I read over her statement and think about it, the more I want a second statement clarifying half of the unclear statements and weasel words in it. Obviously another statement would be ridiculous, but there are too many questions about this whole thing. If this is how she is going to leave it, then sadly I think I'm done :(

DP

Sorry for not seeing this was old news :manson:

So, if any TERFs who have pre-ordered her album have inadvertently donated to trans rights charities? what a beauty.

Do YOU stand with Roisin Murphy, rhythmbandit?

:zsazsa:

Sorry. I don't agree with what she said. At all.

Upon further reading she raised points which were cancelled out immediately with tactless words and statements.

Should her career stall or come to an end as a result? No.

I'm not in favour of cancel culture at all, unless it's JK Rowling who has been relentless with her stance and keeps stirring the pot.

Last edited:
Sorry. I don't agree with what she said. At all.

Upon furher reading she raised points which were cancelled out immediately with tactless words and statements.

Should her career stall or come to an end as a result? No.

I'm not in favour of cancel culture at all, unless it's JK Rowling who has been relentless with her stance and keeps stirring the pot.
Survivor GIF by King of Boys

Yeah to be fair, I agree with Ag that there probably does need to be a lot more awareness about exactly what Puberty Blockers are and how they’re used in cases of young gender dysphoria. I can totally understand why a parent might find the term quite scary if they’re not well informed.

But everything about the way Roisin has responded has unfortunately suggested that she’s already pretty far down the rabbit hole and uninterested in having her views challenged.

aren't puberty blockers like insanely difficult to get hold of? they're not just giving them out like candy at the GP. and if you don't get them in time your eventual transition could be considerably more difficult. so the general "just wait and see!" vibe of her ridiculous original comment is some real nonsense from somebody very detached from the issue at hand, nothing to do with raising awareness.

That's the thing. The TERF crowd act as though every time a little boy asks for a Barbie for Christmas he's instantly pumped full of drugs and booked in for invasive surgery.

It has zero bearing on the reality of how even adult Trans people have to jump through a *lot* of hoops to start going down the road to gender confirmation.

What gets me is why do they even care ? It shouldn’t even concern them, why do they feel they have the right to even voice an opinion about other people’s lives ? Everything would be so much easier if everyone just let other people be.
Well, they believe that their essentially conspiratorial version of events is true. If it was, it is easy to understand why people would be up in arms about aspects of it.

This is a more extreme example but the attacks from the far right on things like ‘Pride’ merch in Target makes a lot more sense when you realise that some of these people sincerely believe that the gays are grooming kids en-masse.

With that said, I think a lot of bigots just buy into a narrative because it is handy and confirms their existing prejudices.

That's the thing. The TERF crowd act as though every time a little boy asks for a Barbie for Christmas he's instantly pumped full of drugs and booked in for invasive surgery.

It has zero bearing on the reality of how even adult Trans people have to jump through a *lot* of hoops to start going down the road to gender confirmation.
This is very much the way some people where I work think. I genuinely don’t think people understand the sheer amount of assessment and evaluation you have to go through to even begin the journey to transitioning, they seem to just assume it’s ‘little Timmy looked at a pink t-Shirt yesterday, get him down the gp and have a fanny installed.’

She's now promoting her album herself on "X", the replies are nothing but a binfire of fellow Terfs lauding her for being brave in the face of being cancelled by woke leftists (or something), not one mention of anyone actually liking the music.

She's well and truly fucked it. Imagine your only "fans" being EVIL.

It’s annoying she is getting rave reviews pretty much across the board (which aren’t glossing over her recent statements) when I’ve decided not to listen.

Could someone illegally download this please and throw it in Roisin's bag of hate (does that even still exist)

Confused woman in her 50s trying to buy the album in Fopp. Oddly, they didn't have it. She asked "how come?" in a narked tone but I was leaving by then and decided not to stick about.

Also, why is this wanker still in the banner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom