Róisín Murphy - Hit Parade (album #6)

Can’t cope with all these TOP TIER artistés feeding us all at once

CooCool out next Wednesday

sounds like a feel good bop and the single cover is :disco:

1-DFCDE40-18-AE-433-E-955-D-6-AA244374632.jpg

• Love
Reactions: COB
What happened to the collab? It just disappeared, never came out and even some of the links promoting the release online have been removed. Curious.

What happened to the collab? It just disappeared, never came out and even some of the links promoting the release online have been removed. Curious.

It came out yesterday as a vinyl-only release, which I'm annoyed with myself about as I assumed it would just be on streaming so didn't purchase - and now I wish I had :D
I've not heard the song in full, but it sounds good! Basically Róisín's take on Lil Louie's French Kiss :D which I'm 100% here for.

Nice little earner for her and DJ Koze too. 1000 vinyl pressed sold at £13.99ish that sell out instantly is going to give them £10K+ for relatively minimal effort.

CooCool is out (can we change the title @Moderator?) and it's great - very bright, breezy and relistenable

• Love
Reactions: COB
Another 70s revival track. I can’t think who the vocal melody reminds me of… is it Linda Ronstadt? Karen Carpenter?

CooCool is a cute girl. I can't see it challenging my TOP TIER Róisín, but its a welcome addition to the catalogue and a cute throwback to Moloko/Ruby Blue.

Can't Replicate however is SENSATIONAL for my personal taste, and I'm fuming it's not been put on streaming as I need it in my ears all the time :D

The only place on the internet you can seemingly hear it is the last 10 mins of this mix -

FRENCH KISS WHOMST!

CooCool is a cute girl. I can't see it challenging my TOP TIER Róisín, but its a welcome addition to the catalogue and a cute throwback to Moloko/Ruby Blue.

Can't Replicate however is SENSATIONAL for my personal taste, and I'm fuming it's not been put on streaming as I need it in my ears all the time :D

The only place on the internet you can seemingly hear it is the last 10 mins of this mix -

FRENCH KISS WHOMST!

It’s finally been uploaded to YouTube by some kind fan

She’s such an OBSCURE QUEEN!

clip of second single The Universe (out next week) from rehearsals for her Royal Albert Hall show tomorrow night

sounds great. everything is so far is giving a Roisin summer spent smoking pot on an island somewhere :disco: very chill

Does she still do Know Me Better and Overpowered on her shows?

EDIT: yes to the latter, but hasn't performed the former since 2019😢

Does she still do Know Me Better and Overpowered on her shows?

EDIT: yes to the latter, but hasn't performed the former since 2019😢

There’s two live Roisin Murphys. There’s the one that goes experimental and does a load of random obscure songs from her more random obscure albums, does 17 minute edits of songs and doesn’t engage with the crowd much.

Then there’s pop star Roisin who wheels out the Moloko hits and most of the singles of her solo career, reversions some of them with classic dance and disco songs and gives you a cosplay avant garde costume experience for every song

If you get the latter it’s LIFE CHANGING

THANKS FUNK HUN

She's on very early on Sunday. so I'll probably arrive by myself to see her since I doubt my friends don't give a hoot about her. Same thing with Melanie C on Saturday :sour:

THANKS FUNK HUN

She's on very early on Sunday. so I'll probably arrive by myself to see her since I doubt my friends don't give a hoot about her. Same thing with Melanie C on Saturday :sour:

Full reviews for both please

This album so far is very Moloko. Which I don’t hate but what happened to all the lockdown interviews saying that her last album inspired her to explore a disco record?

There are some 70s references on the new stuff but she does appear to have shelved the dance direction… I mean you’d launch with the more upbeat tunes if you had them, no?

We’ll see anyway. And I LOVE the cover :D

I think she said she had two albums on the go and this one is coming out first. and this one's already a year late so I'm sure that disco album is never coming :D she's as bad as Lana.

CooCool was very much the grower and Hit Parade is a marvellous name for an album.

Just listened to The Universe tonight, and I love it! Very laid back and summery, if the whole album has a similar vibe to this and CooCool I think I'm going to love it :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom